- 1 Where can you fly direct to in Greece?
- 2 What is the cheapest Greek island to fly to?
- 3 Where do you fly into for Greek islands?
- 4 Which Greek island is easiest to get to?
- 5 What is the cheapest month to fly to Greece?
- 6 Is it cheap in Greece at the moment?
- 7 Which is the prettiest and quietest Greek island?
- 8 What is the prettiest place in Greece?
- 9 How much should I budget for a trip to Greece?
- 10 How long is the ferry ride from Athens to Santorini?
- 11 What island is Mamma Mia filmed?
- 12 Where should I go in Greek Islands?
- 13 What island in Greece has the best beaches?
- 14 What Greek islands do easyJet fly to?
- 15 How do I choose which Greek island to visit?
Where can you fly direct to in Greece?
Greek Islands You Can Fly to Directly
- Santorini. Natural Feature. Add.
- Mykonos. Natural Feature. Add.
- Corfu. Natural Feature. Add.
- Kefalonia. Natural Feature. Add.
- Lefkada. Natural Feature. Add.
- Zakynthos. Natural Feature. Add.
- Rhodes. Natural Feature. Add.
- Kos. Natural Feature. Add.
What is the cheapest Greek island to fly to?
The Most Affordable Greek Islands to Visit This Year
- Agistri. Very close to Athens, Agistri is a very affordable option for an island holiday.
- Kythnos. Kythnos, a stunning little island in the Cyclades, seduces visitors with more than 70 beaches – the beautiful Kolona Beach is a must-see.
Where do you fly into for Greek islands?
IATA Airport Codes for the Greek Islands
- Crete: Heraklion Airport (HER) – Also called Nikos Kazantzakis Airport; Heraklion is also spelled Iraklion or Iraklio.
- Crete: Chania Airport (CHQ) – Also spelled Hania or, more rarely, Xania.
- Corfu or Kerkyra (CFU or LGKR) – Also called Ioannis Kapodistrias Airport.
Which Greek island is easiest to get to?
How to get to Corfu: This is one of the easiest (and most popular) islands to visit from the UK, with direct flights from 17 airports. Ryanair, easyJet, Jet2, TUI, Norwegian and Thomas Cook all fly to Corfu International Airport (aka Ioannis Kapodistrias).
What is the cheapest month to fly to Greece?
The cheapest months to book a flight to Greece: September and October, followed by November. Booking a flight in September can see as much as 13% savings compared to the average yearly flight price. The most expensive months to book a flight to Greece: May and June.
Is it cheap in Greece at the moment?
Many people think that the cost of a trip to Greece is very expensive, mainly because of all the beachside resorts and luxury yachts that pop up on Instagram. The truth is, Greece is actually very affordable, especially compared to other European countries.
Which is the prettiest and quietest Greek island?
Which Are the Quietest Greek Islands for Escaping the Crowds?
- IKARIA. Number one on this list is the island of Ikaria in the Aegean Sea – the island that time forgot.
What is the prettiest place in Greece?
Greece in Pictures: 18 Beautiful Places to Photograph
- Oia Village, Santorini Island. Oia Village, Santorini.
- Athens Acropolis. Athens Acropolis.
- Meteora Monasteries. Meteora.
- Mykonos Island. Windmill above Chora Mykonos.
- Chania, Crete Island. Chania Harbor.
- Village of Náoussa, Paros Island. Fishing Port in Náoussa Village.
- Hydra Island.
- Acropolis in Lindos, Rhodes Island.
How much should I budget for a trip to Greece?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Greek Islands is $1,274 for a solo traveler, $2,288 for a couple, and $4,290 for a family of 4. Greek Islands hotels range from $50 to $226 per night with an average of $87, while most vacation rentals will cost $130 to $380 per night for the entire home.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens to Santorini?
How long is the ferry ride from Athens (Piraeus) to Santorini? The Athens to Santorini ferry time is usually 4 to 10 hours. The duration of the trip to Santorini depends mainly on the type of vessel and the ferry company that serves this crossing.
What island is Mamma Mia filmed?
In September 2017 a boatload of stars disembarked on rugged Vis island to make Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again, 10 years after Mamma Mia! which was filmed in Greece. The original Mamma Mia was filmed on the Greek island of Skopelos but this time filmmakers chose Vis to represent the fictional island of Kalokairi.
Where should I go in Greek Islands?
The best Greek islands to visit in 2021
- Syros. Best Greek island for: Culture and off-season cachet.
- SIFNOS. Best for: Big, fat Greek feasts.
- Hydra. Best Greek island for: a long weekend with the art crowd.
- Milos. Best Greek island for: A photogenic and dramatic coastline.
What island in Greece has the best beaches?
The best beach in Greece is Elafonissi Beach on Crete. The best beach for families is St. Georges Beach on Naxos. The best beach for partying is Paradise Beach on Mykonos. The Best Beaches in Greece.
What Greek islands do easyJet fly to?
From the UK, easyJet currently fly directly to the following destinations in Greece:
- Crete Chania.
- Crete Heraklion.
How do I choose which Greek island to visit?
Best Greek Islands to Visit based on your preferences
- If time matters, choose the Saronic Islands.
- If partying is all that’s on your mind, choose the Cyclades.
- If you want to experience the best of Greece’s cuisine, choose Crete.
- If you’re an architecture fanatic, chose the Ionian Islands.
- If you’re all about long, sandy beaches, choose the Dodecanese Islands.