- 1 Where should I stay in Greece mainland?
- 2 Is mainland Greece worth visiting?
- 3 Where are the best beaches in mainland Greece?
- 4 Which part of Greece should I visit?
- 5 Is nafpaktos worth visiting?
- 6 Where can I holiday in Greece mainland?
- 7 Is Santorini in mainland Greece?
- 8 Is Peloponnese mainland Greece?
- 9 What is the largest Greek island?
- 10 Which is the prettiest Greek island?
- 11 Which is the cheapest Greek island?
- 12 Where is the clearest water in Greece?
- 13 Which is the prettiest and quietest Greek island?
- 14 How do I visit Greece for the first time?
- 15 Do they speak English in Greece?
Where should I stay in Greece mainland?
The 12 Best Places to Visit in Mainland Greece
- Athens. Greece’s capital and perhaps the most important mainland destination; any trip to mainland Greece requires a stopover for at least a day or two.
Is mainland Greece worth visiting?
Even though the islands are charming, the mainland can also be quite fascinating, partly because some parts are not easily visited. There are absolutely no areas of Greece where we wouldn’t like to go back – even Mykonos, which is not our favourite place, is a beautiful island to visit!
Where are the best beaches in mainland Greece?
The best beaches on Mainland Greece are found in Halkidiki. The best beach hotels in Greece for an idyllic beach holiday are Ios Palace Hotel & Spa in Ios, Iria Beach Hotel in Naxos, and Branco Mykonos and Mykonos Blanc in Mykonos (both hotels are new and right on the beach ).
Which part of Greece should I visit?
Greece is the best vacation destination in Europe. All Greek Islands are unique, wonderful, and worth visiting. But my favorites (especially for first timers) are Santorini, Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, and Crete. If you can only go to one island then visit Crete or Santorini (they have the most to see and do).
Is nafpaktos worth visiting?
Although it is relatively untouched by international tourists, Nafpaktos is a town well-known to the Greeks. On a hill above Nafpaktos town sits an imposing Venetian castle with a breathtaking view of the sea and the opposite coasts of Peloponesse. It’s worth a visit!
Where can I holiday in Greece mainland?
Best Greek mainland destinations
- Athens. Attica. The capital of Greece, Athens is famous for its long history and the amazing sightseeing.
- Halkidiki. Macedonia. 1hr from Thessaloniki.
- Thessaloniki. Macedonia. 60min from Athens.
- Delphi. Sterea.
- Meteora. Thessaly.
- Nafplion. Peloponnese.
- Parga. Epirus.
- Olympia. Peloponnese.
Is Santorini in mainland Greece?
It is located about 200 km southeast of the mainland and is accessible by ferryboat or plane. In fact, Santorini is a part of an archipelago that took its current form after a series of serious volcanic eruptions.
Is Peloponnese mainland Greece?
Peloponnese is the most popular region of the Greek mainland in terms of tourism. The close distance to Athens, the beautiful resorts and the interesting sightseeing attract many visitors to Peloponnese Greece all year round.
What is the largest Greek island?
The largest Greek island by area is Crete, located at the southern edge of the Aegean Sea. The second largest island is Euboea, which is separated from the mainland by the 60m-wide Euripus Strait, and is administered as part of the Central Greece region.
Which is the prettiest Greek island?
1.) I’m pretty sure Santorini is the most famous and possibly the most beautiful islands in Greece. With its clifftop villages and amazing views, it’s one of the unique Greek Islands that has been massively shaped by a volcanic eruption a few thousand years ago.
Which is the cheapest Greek island?
The Most Affordable Greek Islands to Visit This Year
- Agistri. Very close to Athens, Agistri is a very affordable option for an island holiday.
- Kythnos. Kythnos, a stunning little island in the Cyclades, seduces visitors with more than 70 beaches – the beautiful Kolona Beach is a must-see.
Where is the clearest water in Greece?
1. Elafonissi Beach, Crete. Among the most beautiful beaches on Crete, Elafonissi dazzles visitors with its soft pink-sand shoreline and crystal- clear turquoise lagoon waters.
Which is the prettiest and quietest Greek island?
Which Are the Quietest Greek Islands for Escaping the Crowds?
- IKARIA. Number one on this list is the island of Ikaria in the Aegean Sea – the island that time forgot.
How do I visit Greece for the first time?
How do I get to Greece? By far, the fastest and easiest way to get to Greece is to fly. There are direct flights to many Greek destinations from all major airports. If you have more time, then driving or traveling by train can be enjoyable, although probably more expensive than flying.
Do they speak English in Greece?
The official language of Greece is Greek, spoken by 99% of the population. The most common foreign languages learned by Greeks are English, German, French and Italian.