- 1 Where should I go in mainland Greece?
- 2 Is mainland Greece worth visiting?
- 3 Where are the best beaches in mainland Greece?
- 4 What is the most beautiful part of Greece?
- 5 Is nafpaktos worth visiting?
- 6 Is Peloponnese mainland Greece?
- 7 Is Santorini in mainland Greece?
- 8 What is classed as mainland Greece?
- 9 What is the largest Greek island?
- 10 Which is the cheapest Greek island?
- 11 Where is the clearest water in Greece?
- 12 Is it safe to swim in the sea in Greece?
- 13 What can you see in Greece in 7 days?
- 14 Do they speak English in Greece?
- 15 What is the most visited city in Greece?
Where should I go in mainland Greece?
- Athens. Attica. The capital of Greece, Athens is famous for its long history and the amazing sightseeing.
- Halkidiki. Macedonia. 1hr from Thessaloniki.
- Thessaloniki. Macedonia. 60min from Athens.
- Delphi. Sterea. 2.5hrs from Athens.
- Meteora. Thessaly. 4hrs from Athens.
- Nafplion. Peloponnese.
- Parga. Epirus.
- Olympia. Peloponnese.
Is mainland Greece worth visiting?
Even though the islands are charming, the mainland can also be quite fascinating, partly because some parts are not easily visited. There are absolutely no areas of Greece where we wouldn’t like to go back – even Mykonos, which is not our favourite place, is a beautiful island to visit!
Where are the best beaches in mainland Greece?
The best beaches on Mainland Greece are found in Halkidiki. The best beach hotels in Greece for an idyllic beach holiday are Ios Palace Hotel & Spa in Ios, Iria Beach Hotel in Naxos, and Branco Mykonos and Mykonos Blanc in Mykonos (both hotels are new and right on the beach ).
What is the most beautiful part of Greece?
Greece in Pictures: 18 Beautiful Places to Photograph
- Oia Village, Santorini Island. Oia Village, Santorini.
- Athens Acropolis. Athens Acropolis.
- Meteora Monasteries. Meteora.
- Mykonos Island. Windmill above Chora Mykonos.
- Chania, Crete Island. Chania Harbor.
- Village of Náoussa, Paros Island. Fishing Port in Náoussa Village.
- Hydra Island.
- Acropolis in Lindos, Rhodes Island.
Is nafpaktos worth visiting?
Although it is relatively untouched by international tourists, Nafpaktos is a town well-known to the Greeks. On a hill above Nafpaktos town sits an imposing Venetian castle with a breathtaking view of the sea and the opposite coasts of Peloponesse. It’s worth a visit!
Is Peloponnese mainland Greece?
Peloponnese is the most popular region of the Greek mainland in terms of tourism. The close distance to Athens, the beautiful resorts and the interesting sightseeing attract many visitors to Peloponnese Greece all year round.
Is Santorini in mainland Greece?
It is located about 200 km southeast of the mainland and is accessible by ferryboat or plane. In fact, Santorini is a part of an archipelago that took its current form after a series of serious volcanic eruptions.
What is classed as mainland Greece?
Mainland. Mainland Greece forms the southernmost part of the Balkan peninsula with two additional smaller peninsulas projecting from it: the Chalkidiki and the Peloponnese. The north of the country includes the regions of Macedonia and Thrace.
What is the largest Greek island?
The largest Greek island by area is Crete, located at the southern edge of the Aegean Sea. The second largest island is Euboea, which is separated from the mainland by the 60m-wide Euripus Strait, and is administered as part of the Central Greece region.
Which is the cheapest Greek island?
The Most Affordable Greek Islands to Visit This Year
- Agistri. Very close to Athens, Agistri is a very affordable option for an island holiday.
- Kythnos. Kythnos, a stunning little island in the Cyclades, seduces visitors with more than 70 beaches – the beautiful Kolona Beach is a must-see.
Where is the clearest water in Greece?
1. Elafonissi Beach, Crete. Among the most beautiful beaches on Crete, Elafonissi dazzles visitors with its soft pink-sand shoreline and crystal- clear turquoise lagoon waters.
Is it safe to swim in the sea in Greece?
Safety. Greece is a paradise for swimmers, and it’s easy to let your guard down when you are in paradise. For the most part, the beaches of Greece are safe. Shark attacks are unheard of, and tides are barely perceptible throughout the country (with few exceptions).
What can you see in Greece in 7 days?
So, what are the best things to do in 7 days in Greece?
- 1) Athens (2 days ) Where to stay in Athens.
- 2) Mycenae/ Epidaurus/ Nafplio (1 day ) Where to stay in Nafplio.
- 3) Palamidi Fortress/ Monemvasia (1 day )
- 4) Mystras/ Olympia (1 day )
- 5) Delphi (1 day )
- 6) Return to Athens (1 day )
- You’re traveling to Greece?
Do they speak English in Greece?
The official language of Greece is Greek, spoken by 99% of the population. The most common foreign languages learned by Greeks are English, German, French and Italian.
What is the most visited city in Greece?
ATHENS → It goes without saying that Athens is by far Greece’s most visited spot by tourists worldwide. Athens is referred to as the historical capital of Europe and in 1834, it became the capital of the modern Greek state.