- 1 What should I not miss in Santorini?
- 2 What should I buy in Santorini?
- 3 Is 1 day in Santorini enough?
- 4 What can you do in Santorini in 3 days?
- 5 How expensive is Santorini?
- 6 Are there hot springs in Santorini?
- 7 Is there a dress code in Greece?
- 8 Should you tip in Greece?
- 9 What is the best souvenir from Greece?
- 10 How many days are enough for Santorini?
- 11 Are taxis expensive in Santorini?
- 12 What is the best way to get around Santorini?
- 13 What is the best time to go to Santorini?
- 14 Is 2 days enough in Santorini?
- 15 Which islands can you visit from Santorini?
What should I not miss in Santorini?
Top 10 + 1 Things to Do in Santorini
- Watch the Sunset.
- Enjoy a Catamaran Cruise around the island.
- A Therapeutic Walk at Oia, Pyrgos, and Fira.
- Visit Volcano and Enjoy Swimming in Hot Springs.
- Swim in the Black Beach.
- Experience Unique Hues on the Red Beach.
- Delish Dinner at Ammoudi.
- Go Wine-Tasting at Santo Wines or Venetsanos Winery.
What should I buy in Santorini?
Other more durable gifts from Santorini would be the tomato seeds, white eggplant seeds, local Canava ouzo, a bottle of Santorini Raki (or two is even better), or some of the delicious pickled and canned goods you can find in the shops selling traditional products.
Is 1 day in Santorini enough?
One day is NEVER EVER enough for Santorini. If like me, your first visit to Santorini is via a cruise and your ship only stops in Santorini for 9 hours, then be prepared to forever be haunted by images of Santorini every single day after you’ve left the tiny Greek island.
What can you do in Santorini in 3 days?
If you have more than 3 days in Santorini, consider walking down to Fira’s Old Port and either taking the cable car or hiking back up, attending a movie at an open-air cinema on the island (Mamma Mia and My Big Fat Greek Wedding are popular choices), taking a kayaking tour to explore the caldera in a different way,
How expensive is Santorini?
There’s a reason Santorini attracts more than two million tourists each year — the white-and-blue washed island in the Greek Cyclades is basically heaven on earth. But it’s also about twice as expensive as Athens, with hotel prices in the summer climbing to $250, on average, per night.
Are there hot springs in Santorini?
The Hot Springs of Santorini: The island of Nea Kameni, also known as the Santorini volcano, is a volcanic island at the centre of the impressive Santorini caldera. Visitors can reach the islet with the tour boats that depart from the old port of Fira or Athinios Port and they can enjoy a bath in the hot springs.
Is there a dress code in Greece?
Dress codes and cultural hints Most monasteries and to a lesser extent churches impose a fairly strict dress code for visitors: no shorts, with women expected to cover their arms and wear skirts (though most Greek women visitors will be in trousers); the necessary wraps are sometimes provided on the spot.
Should you tip in Greece?
tipping in restaurants in Greece A gratuity of between 5% and 10% is a good guide. Leave it on the table with the bill, give it to the waiter directly, or tell the waiter you don’t want change. In some restaurants, the owner does not allow their staff to keep the tips.
What is the best souvenir from Greece?
What to Buy in Greece – A List of Our Top 10 Souvenirs
- Anything from olive trees! Extra virgin olive oil is one of the top things to buy in Greece.
- Worry beads or Kompoloi.
- A backgammon set or Tavli.
- A Karagiozis figurine/Karagiozis set.
- Mastiha from Chios island.
- Handmade leather sandals from Monastiraki.
- A mati talisman for the evil eye.
How many days are enough for Santorini?
You can spend even a week here however spending 2 days in Santorini or even 3 days in Santorini is a good duration to get a taste of what this island in Greece has to offer for first-timers. Here’s how to spend 2 days in Santorini to get the most from this once volcanic island.
Are taxis expensive in Santorini?
There are only 25 taxis that serve the entire island of Santorini, so they can be hard to come by. Taxis in Santorini do not use a meter and prices are usually negotiated before starting your trip. Taxi fares from the Santorini airport are 35€ to 40€ to Oia, 20€ to 30€ to Fira, and 25€ to 35€ to the ferry port.
What is the best way to get around Santorini?
Getting Around Santorini. The best way to get around Santorini is on foot or by bus. You’ll see that it’s easy to walk around the tiny seaside towns, but the bus is best to get from one town to another. There are KTEL bus routes from Fira (the capital city) to many different destinations around the main island.
What is the best time to go to Santorini?
The best time to visit Santorini is from September to October and April to May when the weather is warm and the crowds are scarce.
Is 2 days enough in Santorini?
2 days in Santorini really is enough to get a feel of the island, enjoy the stunning views and then hop on a ferry and explore another one of the beautiful Greek Islands. Pin this 2 days in Santorini Itinerary for later!
Which islands can you visit from Santorini?
These are the best islands near Santorini: