- 1 Do and don’ts in Greece?
- 2 What should I avoid in Greece?
- 3 What were some bad things about ancient Greece?
- 4 How do you offend in Greek?
- 5 How much money should I take to Greece for a week?
- 6 Is it cheaper to go to Greece or Italy?
- 7 Can you drink the water in Greece?
- 8 Do people speak English in Greece?
- 9 Do you leave tip in Greece?
- 10 What is bad about Sparta?
- 11 What is good about Sparta?
- 12 What were some bad things about Athens?
- 13 What does re mean in Greek?
- 14 Is it rude to point in Greece?
Do and don’ts in Greece?
Dos & Don ‘ ts
- Speak our (body) language. Don ‘ t think that you need to learn some Greek before you get here.
- Pick your restaurant wisely.
- Haggling is not cool.
- Tread carefully.
- Take your time.
- What not to wear.
- Follow toilet etiquette.
- Avoid the clichés.
What should I avoid in Greece?
10 Things Tourists Should Never Do in Greece, Ever
- Show too much skin when visiting a church.
- Rely only on credit cards.
- Take a passive-aggressive attitude with smokers.
- Take photos of military installations.
- Throw paper in the toilet.
- Eat or drink in the metro in Athens.
- Do the moutza.
- Touch artifacts in museums and at archaeological sites.
What were some bad things about ancient Greece?
Messed Up Things In Ancient Greece
- The development of early chemical weapons. Wikipedia.
- Democracy with a grim twist. Shutterstock.
- Roasted in the brazen bull. Shutterstock.
- Executions and forced suicides. Wikipedia.
- A Spartan childhood. Shutterstock.
- Machinations of the ostracizers. Shutterstock.
- Ritualistic pedophilia.
- State, property and unity over women.
How do you offend in Greek?
How to piss off a Greek
- Be super picky about food.
- Take Germany’s side on…
- Show you don’t understand the difference between modern and ancient Greece.
- Say you hate Athens after spending a total of 24 hours in tourist traps there.
- Display zero ability to handle your liquor.
- Call us lazy.
- Say we deserved the crisis.
How much money should I take to Greece for a week?
Past travelers have spent, on average, €28 ($34) on meals for one day and €22 ($27) on local transportation. Also, the average hotel price in Greece for a couple is €110 ($134). So, a trip to Greece for two people for one week costs on average €1,545 ($1,879).
Is it cheaper to go to Greece or Italy?
Greece tends to be a little cheaper than Italy but there’s not a huge difference in prices, especially outside of the large cities. Both Greece and Italy have some fantastic hotels and restaurants. Italy has more top end hotels and fine dining but nowhere beats Santorini and Mykonos for indulgent, pampered luxury.
Can you drink the water in Greece?
Water — The public drinking water in Greece is safe to drink, although it can be slightly brackish in some locales near the sea. For that reason, many people prefer the bottled water available at restaurants, hotels, cafes, food stores, and kiosks.
Do people speak English in Greece?
The official language of Greece is Greek, spoken by 99% of the population. The most common foreign languages learned by Greeks are English, German, French and Italian.
Do you leave tip in Greece?
tipping in restaurants in Greece Don’t leave any extra money if they have. A gratuity of between 5% and 10% is a good guide. Leave it on the table with the bill, give it to the waiter directly, or tell the waiter you don’t want change. In some restaurants, the owner does not allow their staff to keep the tips.
What is bad about Sparta?
Spartans were renowned for their devotion to physical fitness and proper diet, and they reserved a special loathing for overweight citizens, who were publicly ridiculed and risked being banished from the city-state.
What is good about Sparta?
Sparta was one of the most powerful city-states in Ancient Greece. It is famous for its powerful army as well as its battles with the city-state of Athens during the Peloponnesian War. Sparta was located in a valley on the banks of the Eurotas River in the south-eastern portion of Greece.
What were some bad things about Athens?
The Bad Side of Athens: ( Bad Things About Athens )
- Drug Abuse.
- Stray Cats.
What does re mean in Greek?
In Greek, the word re is used to add emphasis to phrases, but can also be taken as an insult if used when speaking to strangers.
Is it rude to point in Greece?
In Greece, when talking about someone or to someone, it’s considered moderately rude to point at him or her with your finger.