- 1 How can I transport to Greece?
- 2 How do I get from Europe to Greece?
- 3 How do I get from Amsterdam to Greece?
- 4 What is the best way to travel in Greece?
- 5 How do you get around Greece cheaply?
- 6 Is Greece easy to travel?
- 7 Is Greece allowing us tourists?
- 8 How do you get from England to Greece without flying?
- 9 How long does it take to get to Greece by boat?
- 10 Do I need visa to go to Greece?
- 11 What do Dutch people think of Greeks?
- 12 Can I travel from Amsterdam to Greece?
- 13 How much money should I take to Greece for a week?
- 14 What month is the cheapest to fly to Greece?
- 15 Is Greece expensive to visit?
How can I transport to Greece?
How to get to Greece and move around?
- Flights. The most popular way of transport to Greece is, of course, the plane.
- Airports. The largest and most popular airport in Greece is the International Airport of Athens El.
- Greek ferries.
- Cars and car rental.
- Buses (Ktel)
How do I get from Europe to Greece?
The best way to get from Europe to Greece without a car is to train and bus via Prague which takes 29h 19m and costs $190 – $380. How long does it take to get from Europe to Greece? It takes approximately 9h to get from Europe to Greece, including transfers.
How do I get from Amsterdam to Greece?
The best way to get from Amsterdam to Greece is to fly which takes 6h 10m and costs 75€ – 750€. Alternatively, you can bus, which costs 130€ – 170€ and takes 46h 35m.
What is the best way to travel in Greece?
- Buses. The intercity bus system in Greece is very efficient and if you do your homework you can travel anywhere in the Greek mainland with the “KTEL” (intercity) green colored buses.
- Ferries and Boats.
- Renting a Car in Greece.
- Renting a Moped or Four-Wheeler.
- Getting Around in Athens.
- Taxis in Greece.
How do you get around Greece cheaply?
7 Tips for Exploring Greece on A Budget
- Visit off-season to save on flights and almost everything else.
- Sign up for free walking tours in Athens.
- Stay in an Airbnb or couchsurf.
- Book overnight ferries in advance.
- Venture to off-the-beaten-path islands.
- Rent a moped to get around the islands.
Is Greece easy to travel?
It’s warm; cheap; has delicious food; rugged, windswept but relaxing islands; and lively and friendly locals. Visiting Greece is always the highlight of my summer European travels.
Is Greece allowing us tourists?
And although the U.S. State Department recently added Greece to its long list of countries with the designation “Level 4: Do Not Travel,” Greek officials maintain that — with social distancing measures and testing protocols, alongside the warming weather — tourism in the country will be safe, for visitors and residents
How do you get from England to Greece without flying?
No airports, no flights, just civilised trains and a cosy en suite cabin on a comfortable ferry. Take Eurostar to Paris and a high-speed TGV through the Alps to Italy, then an overnight cruise ferry across the Adriatic to Greece.
How long does it take to get to Greece by boat?
If you go by sailboat and you’re not a racer, your average speed will be 5 knots . The distance from San Francisco to Piraeus via Panama is 9091 miles, which can be covered in 76 days at that speed. If you add to that a couple of port calls, then you need at least 80-90 days.
Do I need visa to go to Greece?
Greece is a party to the Schengen Agreement; therefore, U.S. citizens may enter Greece without a visa for stays of up to 90 days for tourism or business purposes. For entry into Greece, your passport should have at least six months of remaining validity.
What do Dutch people think of Greeks?
Many Dutch think Greeks are lazy and they blame the people for the bad economic situation. But when coming to the Netherlands, many people will just sometimes joke about your background and, when interested in really getting to know you, see you as a person from Greece, instead of another Greek.
Can I travel from Amsterdam to Greece?
Entry into Greece is currently allowed for: Entry is partially open for citizens and permanent residents of Netherlands.
How much money should I take to Greece for a week?
Past travelers have spent, on average, €28 ($34) on meals for one day and €22 ($27) on local transportation. Also, the average hotel price in Greece for a couple is €110 ($134). So, a trip to Greece for two people for one week costs on average €1,545 ($1,879).
What month is the cheapest to fly to Greece?
The cheapest months to book a flight to Greece: September and October, followed by November. Booking a flight in September can see as much as 13% savings compared to the average yearly flight price. The most expensive months to book a flight to Greece: May and June.
Is Greece expensive to visit?
“ Greece is definitely not cheap, especially not Athens. Clubs charge around 20 EUR entrance fees. The akropolis is like 25 EUR entrance to walk around. Sure, tavernas are pretty cheap, but once you go up from backpacker hostels and low-end tavernas, Greece is hella expensive.