- 1 What should I pack for Greece?
- 2 What is the weather like in Greece in April?
- 3 What should I wear to the Greek islands?
- 4 How do I not look like a tourist in Greece?
- 5 Is Greece safe for tourists 2020?
- 6 Is there a dress code in Greece?
- 7 Which Greek island is the hottest in April?
- 8 Is April a good time to visit Greece?
- 9 Is Santorini warm in April?
- 10 How much money should I take to Greece?
- 11 How much does a meal cost in Greece?
- 12 What does a trip to Greece cost?
- 13 Do and don’ts in Greece?
- 14 What should I avoid in Greece?
- 15 What do I need to know before going to Greece?
What should I pack for Greece?
Greece packing list
- 7 x underwear.
- 5-7 x socks – you’ll probably spend most of your time in sandals, but there are lots of great places you might want running shoes for.
- 2 x loose, lightweight trousers – one full length and one cropped pair would be ideal!
- 2 x shorts.
- 1 x skirt or dress.
- 2 x long, loose shirts.
- 4-5 x t-shirts or tops.
What is the weather like in Greece in April?
(Average Max Temperature: 20°C. Average Precipitation: 31mm.) Central/Northern Greece Weather in April: April really starts to feel more like spring, with the average high increasing dramatically to 19°C, and in an especially nice year it may even climb into the low 20s. (Average Max Temperature: 21°C.
What should I wear to the Greek islands?
Clothing: 2-3 pairs of shorts – you can wear it over your swimsuit when you go to the beach, or to stroll around the streets of the island, or if you go hiking. 3 tank tops or t-shirts – you will match them with your shorts. 1 casual dress – for your day activities if you don’t want to wear shorts.
How do I not look like a tourist in Greece?
Visiting Athens for the first time? These 12 helpful Athens travel tips will help you NOT look like a tourist
- Don’t visit in August.
- Do drink coffee several times a day.
- Don’t wear the “ancient Greece ” themed clothes sold in souvenir shops.
- Don’t talk about how you visited “the Greek islands”
- Do wear black – all year.
Is Greece safe for tourists 2020?
The bottom line: There are risks in traveling to Greece, including some unique to the country, but as of April 2020, the U.S. Department of State does not discourage American travelers from visiting the country and urges travelers to exercise normal precautions.
Is there a dress code in Greece?
Dress codes and cultural hints Most monasteries and to a lesser extent churches impose a fairly strict dress code for visitors: no shorts, with women expected to cover their arms and wear skirts (though most Greek women visitors will be in trousers); the necessary wraps are sometimes provided on the spot.
Which Greek island is the hottest in April?
Hottest Greek islands in April
- Cyprus. Average temperature in April: 21ºC.
- Crete. Average temperature in April: 19ºC.
- Chios. Average temperature in April: 17ºC.
- Paxos. Average temperature in April: 18ºC.
- Kefalonia. Average temperature in April: 18ºC.
- Skyros. Average temperature in April: 17ºC.
- Halkidiki. Average temperature in April: 18ºC.
Is April a good time to visit Greece?
The best time to visit Greece is during spring ( April to early-June) and autumn (September – October). You can enjoy mild weather and fewer crowds during these shoulder season periods.
Is Santorini warm in April?
Santorini in April (40% Crowded): A great month for hiking, sightseeing, and touring the wineries. On warm years it’s possible to have a few beach days at the end of the month. (Average Max Temperature: 19°C.
How much money should I take to Greece?
How much money will you need for your trip to Greece? You should plan to spend around €110 ($134) per day on your vacation in Greece, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, €28 ($34) on meals for one day and €22 ($27) on local transportation.
How much does a meal cost in Greece?
How much does a meal cost in Greece? Cheap street food will cost you under 5 EUR, while a cheap meal at a cafe will be closer to 10 EUR. A casual meal at a nice restaurant will cost around 20 EUR (30 EUR if you include wine).
What does a trip to Greece cost?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Greek Islands is $1,274 for a solo traveler, $2,288 for a couple, and $4,290 for a family of 4. Greek Islands hotels range from $50 to $226 per night with an average of $87, while most vacation rentals will cost $130 to $380 per night for the entire home.
Do and don’ts in Greece?
Dos & Don ‘ ts
- Speak our (body) language. Don ‘ t think that you need to learn some Greek before you get here.
- Pick your restaurant wisely.
- Haggling is not cool.
- Tread carefully.
- Take your time.
- What not to wear.
- Follow toilet etiquette.
- Avoid the clichés.
What should I avoid in Greece?
10 Things Tourists Should Never Do in Greece, Ever
- Show too much skin when visiting a church.
- Rely only on credit cards.
- Take a passive-aggressive attitude with smokers.
- Take photos of military installations.
- Throw paper in the toilet.
- Eat or drink in the metro in Athens.
- Do the moutza.
- Touch artifacts in museums and at archaeological sites.
What do I need to know before going to Greece?
Here are 15 of the most important things to know before traveling to Greece!
- The Greeks Are on Island Time.
- Shops Close on Sundays.
- Haggling Is Expected.
- Always Have Cash on You.
- Greece Isn’t the Most Disability-Friendly.
- Greeks Practice Hospitality at Its Finest.
- Drink, But Don’t Get Drunk.
- Driving Can Be Difficult.