- 1 What should you not miss in Greece?
- 2 How many days do you need in Greece?
- 3 Do and don’ts in Greece?
- 4 What should I see in Greece?
- 5 What is the prettiest place in Greece?
- 6 What can you see in Greece in 7 days?
- 7 Is it expensive in Greece?
- 8 How much money do you need for a week in Greece?
- 9 How much should I budget for a trip to Greece?
- 10 Is it expensive to eat in Greece?
- 11 Do people speak English in Greece?
- 12 How do you dress in Greece?
- 13 What Greece is famous for?
- 14 What is the main meal in Greece?
- 15 What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Greece?
What should you not miss in Greece?
Best things to do in Greece: top 10 attractions and activities
- #1 Sunset of Santorini. This is probably the most romantic thing to do in Greece!
- #2 The Acropolis of Athens. The Acropolis of Athens is arguably one of the unmissable attractions in Greece.
- #3 Swim in the sea.
- #4 Cycladic architecture.
- #5 Food and wine.
- #6 Ancient Delphi.
- #7 Nightlife in Mykonos.
- #8 Medieval Rhodes.
How many days do you need in Greece?
Planning Your Trip to Greece We recommend that you spend at least seven days in Greece to be able to comfortably explore Athens and one or two Greek islands. With more days to spend, you can obviously explore more destinations and less-visited islands, but if you are planning a quick getaway we ‘ve got you covered too.
Do and don’ts in Greece?
Dos & Don ‘ ts
- Speak our (body) language. Don ‘ t think that you need to learn some Greek before you get here.
- Pick your restaurant wisely.
- Haggling is not cool.
- Tread carefully.
- Take your time.
- What not to wear.
- Follow toilet etiquette.
- Avoid the clichés.
What should I see in Greece?
12 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Greece
- Acropolis, Athens. Acropolis, Athens.
- Acropolis Museum, Athens. Acropolis Museum, Athens | Maarten / photo modified.
- Santorini. Santorini.
- Mykonos. Mykonos.
- Delphi. Delphi.
- Corfu. Beach view on Corfu Island.
- Metéora Monasteries. Metéora Monasteries.
- Rhodes Town. Rhodes Town.
What is the prettiest place in Greece?
Greece in Pictures: 18 Beautiful Places to Photograph
- Oia Village, Santorini Island. Oia Village, Santorini.
- Athens Acropolis. Athens Acropolis.
- Meteora Monasteries. Meteora.
- Mykonos Island. Windmill above Chora Mykonos.
- Chania, Crete Island. Chania Harbor.
- Village of Náoussa, Paros Island. Fishing Port in Náoussa Village.
- Hydra Island.
- Acropolis in Lindos, Rhodes Island.
What can you see in Greece in 7 days?
So, what are the best things to do in 7 days in Greece?
- 1) Athens (2 days ) Where to stay in Athens.
- 2) Mycenae/ Epidaurus/ Nafplio (1 day ) Where to stay in Nafplio.
- 3) Palamidi Fortress/ Monemvasia (1 day )
- 4) Mystras/ Olympia (1 day )
- 5) Delphi (1 day )
- 6) Return to Athens (1 day )
- You’re traveling to Greece?
Is it expensive in Greece?
“ Greece is definitely not cheap, especially not Athens. Clubs charge around 20 EUR entrance fees. The akropolis is like 25 EUR entrance to walk around. Sure, tavernas are pretty cheap, but once you go up from backpacker hostels and low-end tavernas, Greece is hella expensive.
How much money do you need for a week in Greece?
How much money will you need for your trip to Greece? You should plan to spend around €110 ($134) per day on your vacation in Greece, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, €28 ($34) on meals for one day and €22 ($27) on local transportation.
How much should I budget for a trip to Greece?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Greek Islands is $1,274 for a solo traveler, $2,288 for a couple, and $4,290 for a family of 4. Greek Islands hotels range from $50 to $226 per night with an average of $87, while most vacation rentals will cost $130 to $380 per night for the entire home.
Is it expensive to eat in Greece?
Greek cuisine and restaurants are usually straightforward and still largely affordable – typically €12–20 per person for a substantial meal with house wine.
Do people speak English in Greece?
The official language of Greece is Greek, spoken by 99% of the population. The most common foreign languages learned by Greeks are English, German, French and Italian.
How do you dress in Greece?
When planning what to wear in Greece in summer, pack tank tops, vests, shorts, mini-skirts, and light dresses; these can all be in bright, colorful shades to reflect the season. Opt for thin, light materials like cotton and linen for extra breathability and coolness.
What Greece is famous for?
What is Greece Famous For?
- The Birthplace of Democracy.
- The Beginnings of Philosophy.
- Geometry and the Pythagorean Theorem.
- Western Medicine and the Hippocratic Oath.
- The Olympic Games.
- Drama and the Theatre of Epidaurus.
- Greek Mythology and Mount Olympus.
- Cartography and Map Making.
What is the main meal in Greece?
Don’t leave Greece without trying…
- Taramasalata. A mainstay of any Greek meal are classic dips such as tzatziki (yogurt, cucumber and garlic),melitzanosalata (aubergine), and fava (creamy split pea purée).
- Olives and olive oil.
- Grilled meat.
- Fresh fish.
- Courgette balls (kolokythokeftedes)
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Greece?
The cheapest months to book a flight to Greece: September and October, followed by November. Booking a flight in September can see as much as 13% savings compared to the average yearly flight price. The most expensive months to book a flight to Greece: May and June.