- 1 What should I pack for Greece in March?
- 2 How cold is Greece in March?
- 3 Is March a good month to go to Greece?
- 4 What should I pack for Greek island hopping?
- 5 Do you flush toilet paper in Greece?
- 6 What should I avoid in Greece?
- 7 How hot is Santorini in March?
- 8 Which Greek island is hottest in March?
- 9 How hot is Athens in March?
- 10 Where in Greece is hot in March?
- 11 Can you swim in Greece in March?
- 12 What is the coldest month in Greece?
- 13 How do I not look like a tourist in Greece?
- 14 Is there a dress code in Greece?
- 15 Is Greece safe for tourists 2020?
What should I pack for Greece in March?
When planning what to wear in Greece in spring, include jeans and smart capri trousers in darker shades that you can team with bright tank tops and blouses for the warmer days and long sleeve shirts and 3/4 tops for cooler days. Bring a light jacket for the evenings to ward off the chill.
How cold is Greece in March?
The average temperature in March is approximately 12°C (54°F), with the average low set at 8°C (46°F) and the average high at 16°C (61°F). Of course, in the southern island of Crete, temperatures can go higher than in mainland Greece.
Is March a good month to go to Greece?
There’s no better time than March to be in Athens. March is a nice time to visit the islands, especially Santorini and Mykonos, before the hordes of summer arrive. Rhodes and Crete, where temperatures on the southern coast can on good days reach 70 Fahrenheit or more, are just warm enough for sunbathing.
What should I pack for Greek island hopping?
Greece packing list
- 7 x underwear.
- 5-7 x socks – you’ll probably spend most of your time in sandals, but there are lots of great places you might want running shoes for.
- 2 x loose, lightweight trousers – one full length and one cropped pair would be ideal!
- 2 x shorts.
- 1 x skirt or dress.
- 2 x long, loose shirts.
- 4-5 x t-shirts or tops.
Do you flush toilet paper in Greece?
Don’t flush toilet paper in Greece There’s a very simple explanation: Greek sewage pipes are approximately 2 inches (50mm) in diameter. American and British plumbing is twice as large (4 inches/100mm). The Greek pipes just get clogged. They don’t call them ‘modern conveniences’ for nothing.
What should I avoid in Greece?
10 Things Tourists Should Never Do in Greece, Ever
- Show too much skin when visiting a church.
- Rely only on credit cards.
- Take a passive-aggressive attitude with smokers.
- Take photos of military installations.
- Throw paper in the toilet.
- Eat or drink in the metro in Athens.
- Do the moutza.
- Touch artifacts in museums and at archaeological sites.
How hot is Santorini in March?
How Hot Is Santorini In March? Throughout this month, the average temperature for the island is 13.5°C made up of lows of 11°C and highs of 16°C.
Which Greek island is hottest in March?
March temperatures average 60°F (16°C) on the wind-whipped Cyclades, but several degrees warmer on Corfu and Crete—still cool enough to pack some warm sweater and/or jacket, especially for the evenings. The Aegean and Ionian seas remain too cold for swimming.
How hot is Athens in March?
How Hot Is Athens In March? The average temperature this month is 12°C while the average low is 8°C and the average high is 16°C.
Where in Greece is hot in March?
Averages The average high in southern Athens is 17ºC in March, so it’s starting to get nice and warm. Things are still quite cool in the evenings though, which cool to 7ºC. The sea temperature is 15ºC, while humidity’s low.
Can you swim in Greece in March?
During March the weather is windy and although usually we do not have much rain in Santorini, you have to forget about beach as the water is too cold. Definitely no beach/ swimming. So the beach and tourism focused islands and cities will definitely be closed down with only the most basic of services available.
What is the coldest month in Greece?
|Quick Climate Info|
|Hottest Month||August (84 °F avg)|
|Coldest Month||January (50 °F avg)|
|Wettest Month||December (2.37″ avg)|
|Windiest Month||August (7 mph avg)|
How do I not look like a tourist in Greece?
Visiting Athens for the first time? These 12 helpful Athens travel tips will help you NOT look like a tourist
- Don’t visit in August.
- Do drink coffee several times a day.
- Don’t wear the “ancient Greece ” themed clothes sold in souvenir shops.
- Don’t talk about how you visited “the Greek islands”
- Do wear black – all year.
Is there a dress code in Greece?
Dress codes and cultural hints Most monasteries and to a lesser extent churches impose a fairly strict dress code for visitors: no shorts, with women expected to cover their arms and wear skirts (though most Greek women visitors will be in trousers); the necessary wraps are sometimes provided on the spot.
Is Greece safe for tourists 2020?
The bottom line: There are risks in traveling to Greece, including some unique to the country, but as of April 2020, the U.S. Department of State does not discourage American travelers from visiting the country and urges travelers to exercise normal precautions.