- 1 How much money should I take to Greece for a week?
- 2 What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Greece?
- 3 How can I go to Greece for cheap?
- 4 How much is a trip to Athens Greece?
- 5 Do people in Greece speak English?
- 6 Can you use US money in Greece?
- 7 How much is a trip to Greece for 4?
- 8 Is Greece an expensive place to visit?
- 9 Why are flights to Greece so expensive?
- 10 What can you see in Greece in 7 days?
- 11 Is Santorini expensive?
- 12 How much does a meal cost in Greece?
- 13 Is Athens cheap?
- 14 How long is the flight to Greece?
- 15 Do I need a visa to go to Greece?
How much money should I take to Greece for a week?
Past travelers have spent, on average, €28 ($34) on meals for one day and €22 ($27) on local transportation. Also, the average hotel price in Greece for a couple is €110 ($134). So, a trip to Greece for two people for one week costs on average €1,545 ($1,879).
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Greece?
The cheapest months to book a flight to Greece: September and October, followed by November. Booking a flight in September can see as much as 13% savings compared to the average yearly flight price. The most expensive months to book a flight to Greece: May and June.
How can I go to Greece for cheap?
7 Tips for Exploring Greece on A Budget
- Visit off-season to save on flights and almost everything else.
- Sign up for free walking tours in Athens.
- Stay in an Airbnb or couchsurf.
- Book overnight ferries in advance.
- Venture to off-the-beaten-path islands.
- Rent a moped to get around the islands.
How much is a trip to Athens Greece?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Athens is $1,337 for a solo traveler, $2,401 for a couple, and $4,502 for a family of 4. Athens hotels range from $47 to $164 per night with an average of $87, while most vacation rentals will cost $130 to $380 per night for the entire home.
Do people in Greece speak English?
The official language of Greece is Greek, spoken by 99% of the population. The most common foreign languages learned by Greeks are English, German, French and Italian.
Can you use US money in Greece?
The currency of Greece is the euro, which is broken down into 100 cents. One US dollar is currently worth 0.7705euros. Need to convert your dollars to euros? Order them here.
How much is a trip to Greece for 4?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Greek Islands is $1,274 for a solo traveler, $2,288 for a couple, and $4,290 for a family of 4.
Is Greece an expensive place to visit?
Many people think that the cost of a trip to Greece is very expensive, mainly because of all the beachside resorts and luxury yachts that pop up on Instagram. The truth is, Greece is actually very affordable, especially compared to other European countries.
Why are flights to Greece so expensive?
Flight tickets though are expensive. Reason is high airport taxes, and the fact that Athens only has one airport. Ferry costs to any island are quite high. Reason is high airport taxes, and the fact that Athens only has one airport.
What can you see in Greece in 7 days?
So, what are the best things to do in 7 days in Greece?
- 1) Athens (2 days ) Where to stay in Athens.
- 2) Mycenae/ Epidaurus/ Nafplio (1 day ) Where to stay in Nafplio.
- 3) Palamidi Fortress/ Monemvasia (1 day )
- 4) Mystras/ Olympia (1 day )
- 5) Delphi (1 day )
- 6) Return to Athens (1 day )
- You’re traveling to Greece?
Is Santorini expensive?
There’s a reason Santorini attracts more than two million tourists each year — the white-and-blue washed island in the Greek Cyclades is basically heaven on earth. But it’s also about twice as expensive as Athens, with hotel prices in the summer climbing to $250, on average, per night.
How much does a meal cost in Greece?
Cost of Living in Greece
|Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant||10.00€|
|Meal for 2 People, Mid-range Restaurant, Three-course||35.00€|
|McMeal at McDonalds (or Equivalent Combo Meal )||6.00€|
|Domestic Beer (1 pint draught)||4.00€|
Is Athens cheap?
Athens is certainly not cheap, but it is not very expensive either. In comparison to other European capitals, we would say that Athens is somewhere in the middle. It all depends on what type of traveler you are and how much budget you wish to spend during your visit.
How long is the flight to Greece?
About Greece Flights last around four hours, but it all depends on your choice of airport.
Do I need a visa to go to Greece?
Greece is a party to the Schengen Agreement; therefore, U.S. citizens may enter Greece without a visa for stays of up to 90 days for tourism or business purposes. For entry into Greece, your passport should have at least six months of remaining validity.