- 1 What should I buy in Santorini?
- 2 What is a good souvenir from Greece?
- 3 What is Greece known for shopping?
- 4 What do Santorini people wear?
- 5 Should you tip in Greece?
- 6 Is there a dress code in Greece?
- 7 Is it rude to tip in Greece?
- 8 Is Greece Good for shopping?
- 9 How much money should you bring to Greece?
- 10 What is the main meal in Greece?
- 11 Can I drink the water in Greece?
- 12 Can you wear shorts in Greece?
- 13 Is Santorini expensive?
- 14 What clothes to take to Greece in early May?
- 15 What do you wear on a Greek island holiday?
What should I buy in Santorini?
The most popular souvenirs travelers take from Santorini include wines, raki, and ouzo. Famous for the Assyrtiko white wine varieties, the island is considered by many to be Greece’s most fascinating winemaking locale.
What is a good souvenir from Greece?
What to Buy in Greece – A List of Our Top 10 Souvenirs
- Anything from olive trees! Extra virgin olive oil is one of the top things to buy in Greece.
- Worry beads or Kompoloi.
- A backgammon set or Tavli.
- A Karagiozis figurine/Karagiozis set.
- Mastiha from Chios island.
- Handmade leather sandals from Monastiraki.
- A mati talisman for the evil eye.
What is Greece known for shopping?
Greek history and culture are reflected in the Athenian souvenirs that make them unique and also useful. The areas of Monastiraki and Plaka are a heaven for tourist shopping and you can find famous leather sandals, the world- known protective blue eye, oil products, komboloi and much more.
What do Santorini people wear?
Grecian style is all about the minimalist-maximalist mix. Pair simple tops with chunky jewellery. Combine straight-legged denim with flamboyant sandals, and complement crisp white shirts with huge straw hats.
Should you tip in Greece?
tipping in restaurants in Greece A gratuity of between 5% and 10% is a good guide. Leave it on the table with the bill, give it to the waiter directly, or tell the waiter you don’t want change. In some restaurants, the owner does not allow their staff to keep the tips.
Is there a dress code in Greece?
Dress codes and cultural hints Most monasteries and to a lesser extent churches impose a fairly strict dress code for visitors: no shorts, with women expected to cover their arms and wear skirts (though most Greek women visitors will be in trousers); the necessary wraps are sometimes provided on the spot.
Is it rude to tip in Greece?
Tipping in Greece is customary, but is by no means obligatory. This Greece tipping guide will help you navigate when/where you can leave a little extra for great service.
Is Greece Good for shopping?
One of the most popular places in Greece, Monastiraki is the go to place for best shopping in Greece. Streets lined up with shops selling everything under the sun, this place is the best for picking up curios for friends and family.
How much money should you bring to Greece?
How much money will you need for your trip to Greece? You should plan to spend around €110 ($134) per day on your vacation in Greece, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, €28 ($34) on meals for one day and €22 ($27) on local transportation.
What is the main meal in Greece?
Don’t leave Greece without trying…
- Taramasalata. A mainstay of any Greek meal are classic dips such as tzatziki (yogurt, cucumber and garlic),melitzanosalata (aubergine), and fava (creamy split pea purée).
- Olives and olive oil.
- Grilled meat.
- Fresh fish.
- Courgette balls (kolokythokeftedes)
Can I drink the water in Greece?
Water — The public drinking water in Greece is safe to drink, although it can be slightly brackish in some locales near the sea. For that reason, many people prefer the bottled water available at restaurants, hotels, cafes, food stores, and kiosks.
Can you wear shorts in Greece?
Shorts. It is acceptable to wear shorts, whether you are a woman or a man. Shorts are acceptable on the beach or when going from the beach to the shops near-by. If you plan to take a ferry between the islands, shorts are a good option if you travel by day (opt for a pair of long pants though if you travel by night).
Is Santorini expensive?
There’s a reason Santorini attracts more than two million tourists each year — the white-and-blue washed island in the Greek Cyclades is basically heaven on earth. But it’s also about twice as expensive as Athens, with hotel prices in the summer climbing to $250, on average, per night.
What clothes to take to Greece in early May?
You should pack shorts, t-shirts and swim suits, but will also need warm sweaters, long trousers and jackets for the evenings, and for your trip to Meteora and the higher altitudes of some parts of the mainland ( Greece is one of the most moutainous countries in Europe).
What do you wear on a Greek island holiday?
Greece packing list
- 7 x underwear.
- 5-7 x socks – you’ll probably spend most of your time in sandals, but there are lots of great places you might want running shoes for.
- 2 x loose, lightweight trousers – one full length and one cropped pair would be ideal!
- 2 x shorts.
- 1 x skirt or dress.
- 2 x long, loose shirts.
- 4-5 x t-shirts or tops.