- 1 What airport do you fly into to go to Santorini?
- 2 Where can you fly direct to Santorini from?
- 3 How long is the flight from US to Santorini Greece?
- 4 How do you get to Santorini from the US?
- 5 Is Santorini expensive to visit?
- 6 How many days do you need in Santorini?
- 7 Which month is the best to visit Santorini?
- 8 Is there Uber in Santorini?
- 9 What is the best way to get to Santorini?
- 10 Where should I stay in Santorini?
- 11 Is it better to fly or take ferry from Athens to Santorini?
- 12 Does Ryanair fly Santorini?
- 13 Is Santorini dangerous?
- 14 Is Santorini expensive to eat and drink?
- 15 What is the cheapest way to get to Santorini?
What airport do you fly into to go to Santorini?
Most travelers who catch flights to Santorini (Thira) National Airport (JTR) come for Santorini’s beaches. Santorini’s best-known beach is located just a couple of miles away from the airport in the fishing village of Kamari.
Where can you fly direct to Santorini from?
You can fly to Santorini from Athens or directly from cities in western Europe such as London, Manchester, Paris, Amsterdam, Rome, Naples, or Venice..
How long is the flight from US to Santorini Greece?
Flight time from Los Angeles to Santorini is 16 hours 59 minutes. Distance from Los Angeles to Santorini is approximately 11340 kilometers.
How do you get to Santorini from the US?
If you live anywhere outside of Europe (and definuitely if you are from the US) you have to fly to Athens first (the capital of Greece) and then take either a 40mins flight from Athens to Santorini or a 5 to 8 hours ferry (there is a slow/cheap ferry and a faster/more expensive ferry from Athens to Santorini ).
Is Santorini expensive to visit?
There’s a reason Santorini attracts more than two million tourists each year — the white-and-blue washed island in the Greek Cyclades is basically heaven on earth. But it’s also about twice as expensive as Athens, with hotel prices in the summer climbing to $250, on average, per night.
How many days do you need in Santorini?
We recommend 3 to 5 days in Santorini in order to visit as many places as possible. Santorini is a very interesting island and except from Oia, the volcano and the amazing views, there are many things to see and do. But you can also do it in 24 hours and many day trips are proposed from other nearby islands.
Which month is the best to visit Santorini?
The best time to visit Santorini is from September to October and April to May when the weather is warm and the crowds are scarce.
Is there Uber in Santorini?
There is no UBER or Lyft in Santorini.
What is the best way to get to Santorini?
You can travel either by plane (Athens International Airport “Eleftherios Venizelos”) or by ferryboat (Piraeus Port). There are also links between Santorini and other Greek islands. The flight is the quickest, easiest and most direct way as it lasts more or less 40 minutes and you can book your tickets in advance.
Where should I stay in Santorini?
Where to stay in Santorini
- Oia. The most romantic spot on Santorini is Oia.
- Imerovigli, Firostefani and Fira. South of Oia are three more towns where you’ll find whitewashed boutique hotels and churches, restaurants, nightlife and sights nestled into the sides of the island.
- Perissa, Kamari and Perivolos.
Is it better to fly or take ferry from Athens to Santorini?
Timewise: The airplane is the most convenient option. The flight from Athens to Santorini takes only 45 min, while the trip duration by ferry ranges from 4.5 to 7.5 hrs (depending on the type of ferry ). Nonetheless, traveling by ferry is a unique experience, especially when weather conditions are good.
Does Ryanair fly Santorini?
Cheap flights to Santorini (JTR) from £19.99 | Ryanair.com.
Is Santorini dangerous?
Santorini is hot, especially in the summer. Pack plenty of sunscreen, hats, and flip flops. First-time visitors have found out the hard way that the pebbles, rocks, and sand on the beaches can be dangerous. Every year, more than a few people head home with serious burns and blisters on their feet.
Is Santorini expensive to eat and drink?
A sit-down meal in Santorini can be expensive if it comes with a view, but there are cheaper places as well. Wine can often be found cheaper than beer, and happy hour specials bring the price down more.
What is the cheapest way to get to Santorini?
GETTING TO SANTORINI Most people already know that taking a ferry to the islands is way way cheaper than flying. A return ticket by ferry can be less than a one way flight. Tickets start from 30 euros ($38.58) one way (depending on the season), and Blue Star Ferries seem to have the best prices.