- 1 What should I pack for Greece in May?
- 2 What clothes to wear in Athens in May?
- 3 What is the weather in Greece in May?
- 4 How do locals dress in Greece?
- 5 What should I pack for Santorini in May?
- 6 Is it hot in Greece in May?
- 7 What should I avoid in Greece?
- 8 How do I not look like a tourist in Greece?
- 9 What should I buy in Greece?
- 10 Is May a good month for Greece?
- 11 How warm is Santorini in May?
- 12 Is Santorini hot in May?
- 13 Do and don’ts in Greece?
- 14 How much money should I bring to Greece?
- 15 How can I be polite in Greece?
What should I pack for Greece in May?
Greece packing list
- 7 x underwear.
- 5-7 x socks – you’ll probably spend most of your time in sandals, but there are lots of great places you might want running shoes for.
- 2 x loose, lightweight trousers – one full length and one cropped pair would be ideal!
- 2 x shorts.
- 1 x skirt or dress.
- 2 x long, loose shirts.
- 4-5 x t-shirts or tops.
What clothes to wear in Athens in May?
When planning what to wear in Greece in spring, include jeans and smart capri trousers in darker shades that you can team with bright tank tops and blouses for the warmer days and long sleeve shirts and 3/4 tops for cooler days. Bring a light jacket for the evenings to ward off the chill.
What is the weather in Greece in May?
May, the last month of the spring, in Athens, is a warm month, with temperature in the range of an average high of 23.8°C (74.8°F) and an average low of 16.4°C (61.5°F).
How do locals dress in Greece?
Most monasteries and to a lesser extent churches impose a fairly strict dress code for visitors: no shorts, with women expected to cover their arms and wear skirts (though most Greek women visitors will be in trousers); the necessary wraps are sometimes provided on the spot.
What should I pack for Santorini in May?
Make sure you pack some summer clothes, especially clothes from light fabrics like cotton. Stick to light-colored clothing. The heat and sun can be brutal on Santorini. Be sure to bring a swimsuit as well.
Is it hot in Greece in May?
Classed as a summer month by the locals, May is a lovely time of year to visit Greece. The island of Crete actually stays the hottest for the longest time of any Greek island – from April through to November – but May’s temperature averages a pleasant 24C.
What should I avoid in Greece?
10 Things Tourists Should Never Do in Greece, Ever
- Show too much skin when visiting a church.
- Rely only on credit cards.
- Take a passive-aggressive attitude with smokers.
- Take photos of military installations.
- Throw paper in the toilet.
- Eat or drink in the metro in Athens.
- Do the moutza.
- Touch artifacts in museums and at archaeological sites.
How do I not look like a tourist in Greece?
Visiting Athens for the first time? These 12 helpful Athens travel tips will help you NOT look like a tourist
- Don’t visit in August.
- Do drink coffee several times a day.
- Don’t wear the “ancient Greece ” themed clothes sold in souvenir shops.
- Don’t talk about how you visited “the Greek islands”
- Do wear black – all year.
What should I buy in Greece?
Things You Can Only Buy in Greece
- Greek olive soap with mastiha. The mastiha tree or lentisk is native of the Mediterranean basin but only in the island of Chios has the resin been cultivated for production.
- Kumquat Liqueur.
- Greek Honey.
- Olivewood items.
- Traditional musical instruments.
- Teas and dried herbs.
- Spoon sweets.
- Leather goods.
Is May a good month for Greece?
Generally, the best weather in Greece is what you’ll experience in May, June and September. Plenty of sunny days that aren’t too hot make May an ideal time for long, leisurely walks in Athens. By June, the beaches of the Aegean islands are warm enough for swimming and popular islands like Mykonos aren’t crowded yet.
How warm is Santorini in May?
Average daily temperatures It’s pretty mild at this time of year, but it’s a good idea to bring along a jumper or light jacket for the evenings. The average daily maximum is 24 C and the average daily minimum is 17 C.
Is Santorini hot in May?
For comfortable sightseeing and moderate temperatures, March to May or October to early December are best. Best Time for a Beach Holiday: The warmest weather in Santorini is between June and September when it’s sunny, hot, and the water is perfect for swimming.
Do and don’ts in Greece?
Dos & Don ‘ ts
- Speak our (body) language. Don ‘ t think that you need to learn some Greek before you get here.
- Pick your restaurant wisely.
- Haggling is not cool.
- Tread carefully.
- Take your time.
- What not to wear.
- Follow toilet etiquette.
- Avoid the clichés.
How much money should I bring to Greece?
How much money will you need for your trip to Greece? You should plan to spend around €110 ($134) per day on your vacation in Greece, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, €28 ($34) on meals for one day and €22 ($27) on local transportation.
How can I be polite in Greece?
10 Things to Know When Visiting Greece
- Be prepared for personal questions. Greeks are friendly and openly affectionate.
- Shake hands when meeting someone new.
- Introduce yourself.
- Never gesture towards someone’s face with an open palm.
- Nodding your head means no.
- Wave good-bye with your palm facing you.
- Share your plate.
- Don’t ask for separate checks.