- 1 What should you not miss in Greece?
- 2 Do and don’ts in Greece?
- 3 What Greece is famous for?
- 4 Is Greece safe for tourists 2019?
- 5 What is the prettiest place in Greece?
- 6 What can you see in Greece in 7 days?
- 7 Do people speak English in Greece?
- 8 How much money should I take to Greece for a week?
- 9 Is there a dress code in Greece?
- 10 What food is famous in Greece?
- 11 Is it expensive in Greece?
- 12 What should I buy in Greece?
- 13 Is Greece cheap for tourists?
- 14 How expensive is a trip to Greece?
- 15 What do I need to know before traveling to Greece?
What should you not miss in Greece?
Best things to do in Greece: top 10 attractions and activities
- #1 Sunset of Santorini. This is probably the most romantic thing to do in Greece!
- #2 The Acropolis of Athens. The Acropolis of Athens is arguably one of the unmissable attractions in Greece.
- #3 Swim in the sea.
- #4 Cycladic architecture.
- #5 Food and wine.
- #6 Ancient Delphi.
- #7 Nightlife in Mykonos.
- #8 Medieval Rhodes.
Do and don’ts in Greece?
Dos & Don ‘ ts
- Speak our (body) language. Don ‘ t think that you need to learn some Greek before you get here.
- Pick your restaurant wisely.
- Haggling is not cool.
- Tread carefully.
- Take your time.
- What not to wear.
- Follow toilet etiquette.
- Avoid the clichés.
What Greece is famous for?
What is Greece Famous For?
- The Birthplace of Democracy.
- The Beginnings of Philosophy.
- Geometry and the Pythagorean Theorem.
- Western Medicine and the Hippocratic Oath.
- The Olympic Games.
- Drama and the Theatre of Epidaurus.
- Greek Mythology and Mount Olympus.
- Cartography and Map Making.
Is Greece safe for tourists 2019?
Greece is a very safe country to travel to. Tourists are unlikely to experience any crime or violence. The only concern is petty crime on the streets, but if you apply the basic precaution measures, your trip should go smoothly.
What is the prettiest place in Greece?
Greece in Pictures: 18 Beautiful Places to Photograph
- Oia Village, Santorini Island. Oia Village, Santorini.
- Athens Acropolis. Athens Acropolis.
- Meteora Monasteries. Meteora.
- Mykonos Island. Windmill above Chora Mykonos.
- Chania, Crete Island. Chania Harbor.
- Village of Náoussa, Paros Island. Fishing Port in Náoussa Village.
- Hydra Island.
- Acropolis in Lindos, Rhodes Island.
What can you see in Greece in 7 days?
So, what are the best things to do in 7 days in Greece?
- 1) Athens (2 days ) Where to stay in Athens.
- 2) Mycenae/ Epidaurus/ Nafplio (1 day ) Where to stay in Nafplio.
- 3) Palamidi Fortress/ Monemvasia (1 day )
- 4) Mystras/ Olympia (1 day )
- 5) Delphi (1 day )
- 6) Return to Athens (1 day )
- You’re traveling to Greece?
Do people speak English in Greece?
The official language of Greece is Greek, spoken by 99% of the population. The most common foreign languages learned by Greeks are English, German, French and Italian.
How much money should I take to Greece for a week?
Past travelers have spent, on average, €28 ($34) on meals for one day and €22 ($27) on local transportation. Also, the average hotel price in Greece for a couple is €110 ($134). So, a trip to Greece for two people for one week costs on average €1,545 ($1,879).
Is there a dress code in Greece?
Dress codes and cultural hints Most monasteries and to a lesser extent churches impose a fairly strict dress code for visitors: no shorts, with women expected to cover their arms and wear skirts (though most Greek women visitors will be in trousers); the necessary wraps are sometimes provided on the spot.
What food is famous in Greece?
Don’t leave Greece without trying…
- Taramasalata. A mainstay of any Greek meal are classic dips such as tzatziki (yogurt, cucumber and garlic),melitzanosalata (aubergine), and fava (creamy split pea purée).
- Olives and olive oil.
- Grilled meat.
- Fresh fish.
- Courgette balls (kolokythokeftedes)
Is it expensive in Greece?
“ Greece is definitely not cheap, especially not Athens. Clubs charge around 20 EUR entrance fees. The akropolis is like 25 EUR entrance to walk around. Sure, tavernas are pretty cheap, but once you go up from backpacker hostels and low-end tavernas, Greece is hella expensive.
What should I buy in Greece?
Things You Can Only Buy in Greece
- Greek olive soap with mastiha. The mastiha tree or lentisk is native of the Mediterranean basin but only in the island of Chios has the resin been cultivated for production.
- Kumquat Liqueur.
- Greek Honey.
- Olivewood items.
- Traditional musical instruments.
- Teas and dried herbs.
- Spoon sweets.
- Leather goods.
Is Greece cheap for tourists?
Getting around Greece is generally affordable. You won’t need any money for transport when walking around the city center. When it comes to long-distance travel, from city to city, you can expect a pretty low cost as well.
How expensive is a trip to Greece?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Greek Islands is $1,274 for a solo traveler, $2,288 for a couple, and $4,290 for a family of 4. Greek Islands hotels range from $50 to $226 per night with an average of $87, while most vacation rentals will cost $130 to $380 per night for the entire home.
What do I need to know before traveling to Greece?
Here are 15 of the most important things to know before traveling to Greece!
- The Greeks Are on Island Time.
- Shops Close on Sundays.
- Haggling Is Expected.
- Always Have Cash on You.
- Greece Isn’t the Most Disability-Friendly.
- Greeks Practice Hospitality at Its Finest.
- Drink, But Don’t Get Drunk.
- Driving Can Be Difficult.