- 1 What should you not miss in Greece?
- 2 What do I need to know before traveling to Greece?
- 3 What should you see in Greece?
- 4 What can you see in Greece in 5 days?
- 5 What can you see in Greece in 7 days?
- 6 What is the prettiest place in Greece?
- 7 Do and don’ts in Greece?
- 8 Do people speak English in Greece?
- 9 Is Greece safe for tourists 2020?
- 10 Is Greece cheap or expensive?
- 11 What’s Greece famous for?
- 12 Where do celebrities go in Greece?
- 13 How many days in Greece is enough?
- 14 How much money do you need for a week in Greece?
- 15 How long is the ferry ride from Athens to Santorini?
What should you not miss in Greece?
Best things to do in Greece: top 10 attractions and activities
- #1 Sunset of Santorini. This is probably the most romantic thing to do in Greece!
- #2 The Acropolis of Athens. The Acropolis of Athens is arguably one of the unmissable attractions in Greece.
- #3 Swim in the sea.
- #4 Cycladic architecture.
- #5 Food and wine.
- #6 Ancient Delphi.
- #7 Nightlife in Mykonos.
- #8 Medieval Rhodes.
What do I need to know before traveling to Greece?
Here are 15 of the most important things to know before traveling to Greece!
- The Greeks Are on Island Time.
- Shops Close on Sundays.
- Haggling Is Expected.
- Always Have Cash on You.
- Greece Isn’t the Most Disability-Friendly.
- Greeks Practice Hospitality at Its Finest.
- Drink, But Don’t Get Drunk.
- Driving Can Be Difficult.
What should you see in Greece?
Here are the best things to do in Greece:
- Tour the Acropolis. Source: Shutterstock Acropolis.
- Climb Mount Olympus. Source: Shutterstock Mount Olympus.
- Uncover Lake Plastira.
- Admire the architecture in Santorini.
- Visit the Delphi.
- Explore the Samaria Gorge.
- Discover the Acropolis Museum.
- Marvel at the Epidaurus Theater.
What can you see in Greece in 5 days?
Greece 5 – Day Tours & Itineraries
- Highlights of Athens – 5 Days.
- Local Life on Crete – 5 Days.
- Explore Mythical Athens – 5 Days.
- Discover Medieval Rhodes – 5 Days.
- Taste of Athens & Santorini – 5 Days.
- Best of Athens & Ancient Greece – 5 Days.
- Athens and Nafplio – 5 Days.
- Explore Zakynthos Island – 5 Days.
What can you see in Greece in 7 days?
So, what are the best things to do in 7 days in Greece?
- 1) Athens (2 days ) Where to stay in Athens.
- 2) Mycenae/ Epidaurus/ Nafplio (1 day ) Where to stay in Nafplio.
- 3) Palamidi Fortress/ Monemvasia (1 day )
- 4) Mystras/ Olympia (1 day )
- 5) Delphi (1 day )
- 6) Return to Athens (1 day )
- You’re traveling to Greece?
What is the prettiest place in Greece?
Greece in Pictures: 18 Beautiful Places to Photograph
- Oia Village, Santorini Island. Oia Village, Santorini.
- Athens Acropolis. Athens Acropolis.
- Meteora Monasteries. Meteora.
- Mykonos Island. Windmill above Chora Mykonos.
- Chania, Crete Island. Chania Harbor.
- Village of Náoussa, Paros Island. Fishing Port in Náoussa Village.
- Hydra Island.
- Acropolis in Lindos, Rhodes Island.
Do and don’ts in Greece?
Dos & Don ‘ ts
- Speak our (body) language. Don ‘ t think that you need to learn some Greek before you get here.
- Pick your restaurant wisely.
- Haggling is not cool.
- Tread carefully.
- Take your time.
- What not to wear.
- Follow toilet etiquette.
- Avoid the clichés.
Do people speak English in Greece?
The official language of Greece is Greek, spoken by 99% of the population. The most common foreign languages learned by Greeks are English, German, French and Italian.
Is Greece safe for tourists 2020?
The bottom line: There are risks in traveling to Greece, including some unique to the country, but as of April 2020, the U.S. Department of State does not discourage American travelers from visiting the country and urges travelers to exercise normal precautions.
Is Greece cheap or expensive?
“ Greece is definitely not cheap, especially not Athens. Clubs charge around 20 EUR entrance fees. The akropolis is like 25 EUR entrance to walk around. Sure, tavernas are pretty cheap, but once you go up from backpacker hostels and low-end tavernas, Greece is hella expensive.
What’s Greece famous for?
What is Greece Famous For?
- The Birthplace of Democracy.
- The Beginnings of Philosophy.
- Geometry and the Pythagorean Theorem.
- Western Medicine and the Hippocratic Oath.
- The Olympic Games.
- Drama and the Theatre of Epidaurus.
- Greek Mythology and Mount Olympus.
- Cartography and Map Making.
Where do celebrities go in Greece?
Holywood celebrities Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell visit Skiathos island every year, declaring their love for Greece. They have bought their own house in the island.
How many days in Greece is enough?
Planning Your Trip to Greece We recommend that you spend at least seven days in Greece to be able to comfortably explore Athens and one or two Greek islands. With more days to spend, you can obviously explore more destinations and less-visited islands, but if you are planning a quick getaway we’ve got you covered too.
How much money do you need for a week in Greece?
How much money will you need for your trip to Greece? You should plan to spend around €110 ($134) per day on your vacation in Greece, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, €28 ($34) on meals for one day and €22 ($27) on local transportation.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens to Santorini?
How long is the ferry ride from Athens (Piraeus) to Santorini? The Athens to Santorini ferry time is usually 4 to 10 hours. The duration of the trip to Santorini depends mainly on the type of vessel and the ferry company that serves this crossing.