- 1 Will my phone work in Greece?
- 2 How do I get cell service in Greece?
- 3 How do I use my phone in Europe?
- 4 Is ee free in Greece?
- 5 Can I use my phone in Greece EE?
- 6 Are there any travel warnings for Greece?
- 7 Which SIM card is best in Greece?
- 8 Is the water safe to drink in Greece?
- 9 How do I get a SIM card in Greece?
- 10 How can I use my phone abroad without being charged?
- 11 How can I use my phone in Europe without being charged?
- 12 How can I get internet in Europe?
- 13 Can I call someone in Greece?
- 14 How much does it cost to unlock an EE pay monthly device?
- 15 How can I call Greece for free?
Will my phone work in Greece?
You can use your phone the same in any eu country as you would at home. In Greece you can use your phone just as you would in the UK. No bolt ons are needed at all and calls, texts come from your UK allowances as long as you aren’t sending mms messages.
How do I get cell service in Greece?
To get a mobile account in Greece you would need to visit one of the ubiquitous Wind, Vodaphone, or Cosmote shops in any large or small town. Vodaphone has a kiosk where you may buy a sim card in Athens Airport. You need to provide your passport (they are required by law to make a photocopy of it) and an address.
How do I use my phone in Europe?
Option 1: Use Your Phone Exclusively on Wi-Fi Apps like Google Voice ( on Android and iOS) and Skype (Andriod and iOS) make calling and texting internationally possible via Wi-Fi either for free or at competitive calling rates. Skype calls between Skype users are free, only a connection to the internet is needed.
Is ee free in Greece?
Roaming costs You can use all your allowances as you would at home, at no extra cost. To see your allowances, and how much you have left, text BALANCE to 150.
Can I use my phone in Greece EE?
EE Europe Roaming Zone countries are: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Channel Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Reunion Islands
Are there any travel warnings for Greece?
Do not travel to Greece due to COVID-19. Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 4 Travel Health Notice for Greece due to COVID-19, indicating a very high level of COVID-19 in
Which SIM card is best in Greece?
Greece really only has three main network providers who can offer you a Greek SIM card and prepaid data to use on it: Cosmote, Vodafone, and Wind. Cosmote has the best coverage, the best quality, and also the highest price. Wind is significantly cheaper but has a much smaller range of coverage.
Is the water safe to drink in Greece?
Water — The public drinking water in Greece is safe to drink, although it can be slightly brackish in some locales near the sea. For that reason, many people prefer the bottled water available at restaurants, hotels, cafes, food stores, and kiosks.
How do I get a SIM card in Greece?
There are very limited options for buying a prepaid Greece sim card for tourists at Athens Airport. You can only find a Vodafone store and they offer sell the following Greece sim cards for tourists: €22,50 = 12 GB data in Greece valid for 15 days.
How can I use my phone abroad without being charged?
Even if you decide to get a local SIM card, these tips will help you out by saving data abroad.
- Turn off roaming. This stops cellular data use so you won’t be paying extra for a plan you don’t have.
- Stop apps from sucking your data in the background.
- Turn off automatic downloads.
- Track cellular usage.
How can I use my phone in Europe without being charged?
On Android, Go to Settings -> “Wireless & Networks” -> More. You should see Mobile Networks. Find the “Data Roaming” heading and unselect the checkbox. (Alternatively, it may say Global Data Roaming Access.
How can I get internet in Europe?
4 Ways To Get WiFi In Europe
- Get an international/global plan for Europe with your provider.
- Use Free WiFi hotspots in Hotels, Cafes and restaurants in Europe.
- Buy a European Prepaid Sim Card.
- Rent a Pocket WiFi for Europe.
Can I call someone in Greece?
To call Greece from the U.S., just follow these dialing instructions: First dial 011, the U.S. exit code. Next dial 30, the Greece country code. Then dial the 2 to 4-digit area code (see sample calling code list below) followed by the 6 to 8-digit phone number.
How much does it cost to unlock an EE pay monthly device?
If you’re still in contract, there’s a charge of £8.99 to unlock your EE pay monthly device. If you’re out of contract, we can unlock EE phones and tablets for free.
How can I call Greece for free?
Free Calls to Greece
- Totally free to call for customers that have an inclusive call package.
- Call Greece free – anytime, any day.
- Simply dial 08700 477 477 + 0030 + the local number.