- 1 Which part of Crete has the best beaches?
- 2 Is Knossos worth visiting?
- 3 Is 5 days in Crete enough?
- 4 Which part of Crete is best?
- 5 What is the most popular resort in Crete?
- 6 Is it safe to swim in the sea in Crete?
- 7 How long do you need at Knossos?
- 8 What is the Palace of Knossos famous for?
- 9 How much does it cost to get into Knossos?
- 10 What is the best time of year to visit Crete?
- 11 How many days should I stay in Crete?
- 12 How do people spend a week in Crete?
- 13 Where do celebrities stay in Crete?
- 14 Which is better Heraklion or Chania?
- 15 Which resort in Crete is best for couples?
Which part of Crete has the best beaches?
Crete is considered to have some of the most beautiful beaches in Greece and someone can swim almost everywhere. The part of Crete with the best beaches is definitely Chania. One of the most exotic sandy beaches of Crete are Balos, a wonderful place in Chania with crystal Caribbean-like water.
Is Knossos worth visiting?
Knossos is definitely a must visit attraction for most people who visit Crete. Although much of the site has been destroyed, you still get a great feel for what it must have been like. The current remain are mostly those of the second palace which was rebuilt around 1700BC.
Is 5 days in Crete enough?
For us, 5 days in Crete wasn’t nearly enough time to explore all that this incredible island has to offer. In fact, five weeks probably wouldn’t have been enough time. But we’ll never forget our time there, and we’d do it all over again in a heartbeat.
Which part of Crete is best?
The best place to stay in Crete is Chania area or western Crete that actually has the best beaches of the island and some of the best hotels along with the beautiful Chania town with its elegant restaurants, the picturesque Old Town of Chania and the incredible Samaria Gorge (which you should hike).
What is the most popular resort in Crete?
Chersonissos or Chersonisos) is one of the most popular and visited Crete resorts. Hersonissos is 27 kilometres east of Heraklion airport, on the north coast of Crete and with neighbours of Stalis and Malia this area has got to be the place for the best beach resorts in Crete.
Is it safe to swim in the sea in Crete?
The sea in Crete is warm in summer and swimming is always pleasant. Even in winter the water temperature does not fall below 17 degrees, so you can swim in the sea in Crete all year round.
How long do you need at Knossos?
If you are only mildly interested in history, allow a good two hours to visit the Knossos Palace and at least three hours for the museum in town.
What is the Palace of Knossos famous for?
Apart from its construction and architecture, the Palace of Knossos is most famous for its connection to Greek mythology. Namely, the tale of the Labyrinth and the Minotaur and the one of Daedalus and Icarus.
How much does it cost to get into Knossos?
ticket price for adults is 6 Euro, for Seniors of European countries 3 Euro. Students free entry. There is also a combined ticked price for the archeological site and the Museum: 10 Euro for adults and 5 Euro for seniors.
What is the best time of year to visit Crete?
The best time to visit Crete is from mid-May to June or from September to October. May brings with it warmer waters and beautiful wildflowers that can be spotted throughout the island’s natural attractions.
How many days should I stay in Crete?
Crete is a large island with so much to offer. You are surrounded by stunning beaches, archaeological sites, small islands, gorges & historical towns. To see all the “top sights”, it will take a minimum of 10 days – 2 weeks, however, you could easily spend 4 weeks and still have more to see.
How do people spend a week in Crete?
Here is a short summary of what to expect in this week in Crete itinerary:
- Day 1: Chania (stay in Chania)
- Day 2: Elafonisi Pink Sand Beach (stay in Chania)
- Day 3: Balos Beach and Lagoon (stay in Chania)
- Day 4: Morning in Chania and move east (stay in Rethymnon or make your way to Heraklion)
Where do celebrities stay in Crete?
They’ve been whisked away to a luxury Greek resort where the rich and famous stay, called Abaton Island Resort and Spa. The resort is in Crete, and is described as a “paradise”. Influencers, reality TV stars and celebs are amongst the customers.
Which is better Heraklion or Chania?
However, the local beach is not the most amazing one and Chania is unbeatable for that. Heraklion is the best for Knossos accessibility and the local nightlife.
Which resort in Crete is best for couples?
Best Resorts in Crete for Couples
- Rimondi Boutique Hotels.
- Casa Delfino Hotel & Spa.
- Casa Vitae Villas. Rethymnon, Crete.
- Casa Moazzo Suites & Apartments. Rethymnon, Crete.
- Thalassa Beach Resort. Agia Marina, Crete.
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete. Elounda, Crete.
- Minoa Palace Resort. Platanias, Crete.
- Ikaros Beach Resort & Spa. Malia, Crete.