- 1 What is the best way to island hop in Greece?
- 2 Where do you fly into for Greek island hopping?
- 3 Is it easy to island hop in Greece?
- 4 How much does it cost to go island hopping in Greece?
- 5 Which Greek island is the prettiest?
- 6 How much money should I take to Greece for a week?
- 7 Should you book Greek ferries in advance?
- 8 Are Greek ferries expensive?
- 9 Can you island hop from Santorini?
- 10 Which is the cheapest Greek island to fly to?
- 11 What Greek island has the best beaches?
- 12 Can you island hop from Crete?
- 13 How much does it cost to go to Greece for 2 weeks?
- 14 What can you do on a budget in Greece?
- 15 Why is Greece so expensive?
What is the best way to island hop in Greece?
Greek Island Hopping from Athens The closest Cycladic island (the best island group for island hopping ) is 3 or 4 hours from Athens by ferry – and from there the magic begins. If possible try to fly into Greece and out of Greece from different airports to save yourself the time, hassle, and expense of backtracking.
Where do you fly into for Greek island hopping?
Greek islands with international airports:
- Crete (Chania, Heraklion, Sitia) – international.
- Corfu – international.
- Kefalonia – international.
- Zakynthos – international.
- Kos – international.
- Lemnos – international.
- Lesvos – international.
- Samos – international.
Is it easy to island hop in Greece?
Is it easy to island hop in Greece? One great thing about the Greek islands – even the smaller ones are typically accessible by ferry. The bigger ones, such as Santorini, Mykonos, Rhodes, and Zakynthos, have airports with direct flights from many European destinations in high season, or Athens year-round.
How much does it cost to go island hopping in Greece?
The Greek Island ferries can range from less than 10 Euros to around 100 Euros per person for a round trip. If you’re only going one way each time, this will cut your costs in half, but book a round trip if you’re only visiting two islands. An average ferry will probably set you back around 50 Euros.
Which Greek island is the prettiest?
1.) I’m pretty sure Santorini is the most famous and possibly the most beautiful islands in Greece. With its clifftop villages and amazing views, it’s one of the unique Greek Islands that has been massively shaped by a volcanic eruption a few thousand years ago.
How much money should I take to Greece for a week?
Past travelers have spent, on average, €28 ($34) on meals for one day and €22 ($27) on local transportation. Also, the average hotel price in Greece for a couple is €110 ($134). So, a trip to Greece for two people for one week costs on average €1,545 ($1,879).
Should you book Greek ferries in advance?
Greek Island Ferries – Essential Info But for peace of mind, book tickets 2 to 3 months in advance. If a ticket purchased online doesn’t have a barcode that usually means you ‘ll need to pick up a real ticket when in Greece. This is most often done at the ferry port 30 to 45 minutes before departure.
Are Greek ferries expensive?
Overnight ferries like those going to Crete, Rhodes and Lesvos will cost around 35 euro for deck(economy) and double that for a cabin. That’s per person for the cheapest cabin. Ferries that go to Aegina are like buses that come and go all day and cost about 4 euro and 8 or 10 for the Flying Dolphins.
Can you island hop from Santorini?
Island hopping from Santorini to Milos is very popular. This is because both islands are very romantic and quiet. In summer, frequent ferries connect Santorini with the scenic port of Adamas in Milos, making island hopping quite simple. Book your ferry ticket from Santorini to Milos!
Which is the cheapest Greek island to fly to?
The Most Affordable Greek Islands to Visit This Year
- Agistri. Very close to Athens, Agistri is a very affordable option for an island holiday.
- Kythnos. Kythnos, a stunning little island in the Cyclades, seduces visitors with more than 70 beaches – the beautiful Kolona Beach is a must-see.
What Greek island has the best beaches?
The best beach in Greece is Elafonissi Beach on Crete. The best beach for families is St. Georges Beach on Naxos. The best beach for partying is Paradise Beach on Mykonos. The Best Beaches in Greece.
Can you island hop from Crete?
Another great boat trip from Crete is to the nearby island of Karpathos. Alternatively, tourists can start their Crete island hopping from Sitia. Situated in eastern Crete, in the region of Lassithi, Sitia is a little port at which the ferry stops on its way from Heraklion to Karpathos.
How much does it cost to go to Greece for 2 weeks?
Greece trip cost Based on my estimates, two weeks in Greece will cost you about $4,455 per person. Remember, this estimate is based on visiting the most popular islands (Santorini and Mykonos) which are also the most expensive.
What can you do on a budget in Greece?
7 Tips for Exploring Greece on A Budget
- Visit off-season to save on flights and almost everything else.
- Sign up for free walking tours in Athens.
- Stay in an Airbnb or couchsurf.
- Book overnight ferries in advance.
- Venture to off-the-beaten-path islands.
- Rent a moped to get around the islands.
Why is Greece so expensive?
Greece is expensive because the country uses the euro. The euro is very expensive vs the dollar, hence Greece’s prices are forced to be set at a rate perceived as high by US visitors. Actually Greece is expensive because the tourism industry got greedy. Just like it did in Spain.