- 1 What should I pack for Greece in October?
- 2 How do you dress in Greece?
- 3 What should I wear to the Greek islands?
- 4 What should I pack for 2 weeks in September in Greece?
- 5 Is Greece safe for tourists 2020?
- 6 How do I not look like a tourist in Greece?
- 7 What should I avoid in Greece?
- 8 How much cash should I take to Greece?
- 9 What are the dangers in Greece?
- 10 How much does a meal cost in Greece?
- 11 Can you wear shorts in Greece?
- 12 What clothes to take on a Greek cruise?
- 13 What do people eat in Greece?
- 14 How hot is it in Greece in September?
- 15 What should I eat in Athens Greece?
What should I pack for Greece in October?
- A more formal dress if you want to dine in a posh place.
- A pair of trousers for colder nights.
- A light jacket in case it gets a bit windy especially at nights.
- Underwear: I recommend 2 bras and a pair of knickers for each day.
- Swimsuit: Bring 2 so you can wear one and let the other one dry.
How do you dress in Greece?
When planning what to wear in Greece in summer, pack tank tops, vests, shorts, mini-skirts, and light dresses; these can all be in bright, colorful shades to reflect the season. Opt for thin, light materials like cotton and linen for extra breathability and coolness.
What should I wear to the Greek islands?
For walking around town or exploring the island by land, anything loose and comfortable will do–shorts, tanks, rompers, or dresses. Don’t bother with jeans or other heavy clothes. Athletic sandals are ideal for beach days since a lot of beaches require a bit of hiking or scrambling over rocks.
What should I pack for 2 weeks in September in Greece?
A combination of summer and autumn clothing will do!
- T-shirts: Pack a bunch of several T-shirts.
- Shorts: once again several pairs of shorts are ideal for a morning walk, going to the beach or a small hike.
- Dresses for the ladies.
- Trousers: since it’s the start of the autumn you will need a pair or two of long trousers.
Is Greece safe for tourists 2020?
The bottom line: There are risks in traveling to Greece, including some unique to the country, but as of April 2020, the U.S. Department of State does not discourage American travelers from visiting the country and urges travelers to exercise normal precautions.
How do I not look like a tourist in Greece?
Visiting Athens for the first time? These 12 helpful Athens travel tips will help you NOT look like a tourist
- Don’t visit in August.
- Do drink coffee several times a day.
- Don’t wear the “ancient Greece ” themed clothes sold in souvenir shops.
- Don’t talk about how you visited “the Greek islands”
- Do wear black – all year.
What should I avoid in Greece?
10 Things Tourists Should Never Do in Greece, Ever
- Show too much skin when visiting a church.
- Rely only on credit cards.
- Take a passive-aggressive attitude with smokers.
- Take photos of military installations.
- Throw paper in the toilet.
- Eat or drink in the metro in Athens.
- Do the moutza.
- Touch artifacts in museums and at archaeological sites.
How much cash should I take to Greece?
You should budget for around £45 per person per day for your visit to Greece or £315 per week, to include all food and excursions.
What are the dangers in Greece?
If you take the usual precautions, Greece is a safe place to travel and you’re more likely to suffer from heat exhaustion or sunburn than from any kind of crime. Pickpocketing is an issue; always be vigilant in busy bus stations, markets or on crowded streets.
How much does a meal cost in Greece?
How much does a meal cost in Greece? Cheap street food will cost you under 5 EUR, while a cheap meal at a cafe will be closer to 10 EUR. A casual meal at a nice restaurant will cost around 20 EUR (30 EUR if you include wine).
Can you wear shorts in Greece?
Shorts. It is acceptable to wear shorts, whether you are a woman or a man. Shorts are acceptable on the beach or when going from the beach to the shops near-by. If you plan to take a ferry between the islands, shorts are a good option if you travel by day (opt for a pair of long pants though if you travel by night).
What clothes to take on a Greek cruise?
Essentials of What to Wear in Greece
- Sandals. Sandals are meant only for the beach in Europe, especially for men.
- Sunglasses. Greece sees plenty of sunshine and a stylish pair of sunglasses is a great addition to an outfit.
- T-Shirt or V Neck.
- Relaxed Pants.
- Simple Sneaker.
- Beach Tote.
- Travel Towel.
What do people eat in Greece?
Don’t leave Greece without trying…
- Taramasalata. A mainstay of any Greek meal are classic dips such as tzatziki (yogurt, cucumber and garlic),melitzanosalata (aubergine), and fava (creamy split pea purée).
- Olives and olive oil.
- Grilled meat.
- Fresh fish.
- Courgette balls (kolokythokeftedes)
How hot is it in Greece in September?
The average temperature this month is 24°C (75°F), while the average low drops to 19°C (66°F), and the average high is still a warm 28°C (82°F). The beginning of September brings plenty of sun, no chance of rain, and an average daily temperature of 24°C (75°F).
What should I eat in Athens Greece?
Top 20 Foods You Must Eat In Greece
- Gyro. In Greece they have Gyros, Souvlaki and Kebab, which where I am from is pretty much the same thing so we asked our guide to explain the difference to us.
- Feta Me Meli.