- 1 What should I pack for Greece in May?
- 2 Is May a good month for Greece?
- 3 Is Greece hot enough in May?
- 4 What should I bring to Greece?
- 5 What should I pack for Santorini in May?
- 6 Is Greece cold in May?
- 7 How hot is Athens in May?
- 8 What is the weather like in Greece in May?
- 9 Where is it hot in May?
- 10 Where is warmest in Greece in May?
- 11 Where in Spain is hot in May?
- 12 Is Malaga warm in May?
- 13 Is there a dress code in Greece?
- 14 What plug adapter do I need for Greece?
- 15 Do people speak English in Greece?
What should I pack for Greece in May?
Greece packing list
- 7 x underwear.
- 5-7 x socks – you’ll probably spend most of your time in sandals, but there are lots of great places you might want running shoes for.
- 2 x loose, lightweight trousers – one full length and one cropped pair would be ideal!
- 2 x shorts.
- 1 x skirt or dress.
- 2 x long, loose shirts.
- 4-5 x t-shirts or tops.
Is May a good month for Greece?
Generally, the best weather in Greece is what you’ll experience in May, June and September. Plenty of sunny days that aren’t too hot make May an ideal time for long, leisurely walks in Athens. By June, the beaches of the Aegean islands are warm enough for swimming and popular islands like Mykonos aren’t crowded yet.
Is Greece hot enough in May?
Classed as a summer month by the locals, May is a lovely time of year to visit Greece. The island of Crete actually stays the hottest for the longest time of any Greek island – from April through to November – but May’s temperature averages a pleasant 24C.
What should I bring to Greece?
What to Pack for Greece: Toiletries
- Toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Shampoo and conditioner.
- Body soap and washcloth (these are rarely provided by accommodations)
- Your go-to hair stuff.
- Medications and vitamins (add dramamine if you’ll be bouncing between islands on boats)
What should I pack for Santorini in May?
Make sure you pack some summer clothes, especially clothes from light fabrics like cotton. Stick to light-colored clothing. The heat and sun can be brutal on Santorini. Be sure to bring a swimsuit as well.
Is Greece cold in May?
Greek Islands Weather in May: Warm sunny days with a good chance of beach weather, little rain. Greek Islands Weather in July: Hot sunny days, almost no rain. Best Greek Islands to Visit in July: All Greek islands are wonderful (but busy). Greek Islands Weather in August: Hot sunny days, almost no rain.
How hot is Athens in May?
In Athens, in May, the average high-temperature is 23.8°C (74.8°F), and the average low-temperature is 16.4°C (61.5°F).
What is the weather like in Greece in May?
May offers some of the best weather of the year, and will have warmed sufficiently by the end of the month that it now feels like summer—with an average high of about 75°F (24°C), it’s the perfect time for a beach vacation. There’s little chance of rain, with plenty of sunshine and clear blue skies.
Where is it hot in May?
Where is hot in May?
Where is warmest in Greece in May?
Which islands are the hottest in May?
- Cyprus. Average temperature in May: 24ºC.
- Corfu. Average temperature in May: 23ºC.
- Kefalonia. Average temperature in May: 23ºC.
- Paxos. Average temperature in May: 23ºC.
- Santorini. Average temperature in May: 22ºC.
- Halkidiki. Average temperature in May: 23ºC.
Where in Spain is hot in May?
Without a doubt, the warmest and driest climate of mainland Spain is in Costa Almeria.
Is Malaga warm in May?
Temperature in May in Malaga It is in the middle of the month when the minimum temperature can reach a comfortable 20ºC (68ºF). At the beginning of the month the maximum temperature is over 21ºC (69.8ºF) with a minimum of 13ºC (55.4ºF).
Is there a dress code in Greece?
Dress codes and cultural hints Most monasteries and to a lesser extent churches impose a fairly strict dress code for visitors: no shorts, with women expected to cover their arms and wear skirts (though most Greek women visitors will be in trousers); the necessary wraps are sometimes provided on the spot.
What plug adapter do I need for Greece?
For Greece there are two associated plug types C and F. Plug type C is the plug which has two round pins and plug type F is the plug which has two round pins with two earth clips on the side. Greece operates on a 230V supply voltage and 50Hz.
Do people speak English in Greece?
The official language of Greece is Greek, spoken by 99% of the population. The most common foreign languages learned by Greeks are English, German, French and Italian.