- 1 How do I prepare for a trip to Greece?
- 2 How far in advance should you plan a trip to Greece?
- 3 How do I visit Greece for the first time?
- 4 How much money do I need for a week in Greece?
- 5 Do and don’ts in Greece?
- 6 Do they speak English in Greece?
- 7 How many days in Greece is enough?
- 8 How much would a trip to Greece cost?
- 9 Is Greece expensive to visit?
- 10 What can you see in Greece in 7 days?
- 11 Can you do Greece in a week?
- 12 How can I fly to Greece cheap?
- 13 How much does it cost to go to Greece for 2 weeks?
- 14 How much does a meal cost in Greece?
- 15 What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Greece?
How do I prepare for a trip to Greece?
12 Useful Travel Tips For Greece
- Remember That Cash Is King. Unlike other European countries, Greece is big on cash, so make sure to have enough money with you.
- Be Sure To Plan Ahead.
- Watch Out For The Cigarette Smoke.
- Be Vigilant When Driving.
- Book Early.
- Know The Opening Hours.
- Go Outside And Explore.
How far in advance should you plan a trip to Greece?
We have a number of suggested itineraries for Greece but as a general rule of thumb would say you need the following minimums; Greece – 4 days. And you will likely only see Athens and a day trip somewhere else. Greek Islands – 5 days, which will give you 2 islands.
How do I visit Greece for the first time?
How do I get to Greece? By far, the fastest and easiest way to get to Greece is to fly. There are direct flights to many Greek destinations from all major airports. If you have more time, then driving or traveling by train can be enjoyable, although probably more expensive than flying.
How much money do I need for a week in Greece?
How much money will you need for your trip to Greece? You should plan to spend around €110 ($134) per day on your vacation in Greece, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, €28 ($34) on meals for one day and €22 ($27) on local transportation.
Do and don’ts in Greece?
Dos & Don ‘ ts
- Speak our (body) language. Don ‘ t think that you need to learn some Greek before you get here.
- Pick your restaurant wisely.
- Haggling is not cool.
- Tread carefully.
- Take your time.
- What not to wear.
- Follow toilet etiquette.
- Avoid the clichés.
Do they speak English in Greece?
The official language of Greece is Greek, spoken by 99% of the population. The most common foreign languages learned by Greeks are English, German, French and Italian.
How many days in Greece is enough?
Planning Your Trip to Greece We recommend that you spend at least seven days in Greece to be able to comfortably explore Athens and one or two Greek islands. With more days to spend, you can obviously explore more destinations and less-visited islands, but if you are planning a quick getaway we’ve got you covered too.
How much would a trip to Greece cost?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Greek Islands is $1,274 for a solo traveler, $2,288 for a couple, and $4,290 for a family of 4. Greek Islands hotels range from $50 to $226 per night with an average of $87, while most vacation rentals will cost $130 to $380 per night for the entire home.
Is Greece expensive to visit?
“ Greece is definitely not cheap, especially not Athens. Clubs charge around 20 EUR entrance fees. The akropolis is like 25 EUR entrance to walk around. Sure, tavernas are pretty cheap, but once you go up from backpacker hostels and low-end tavernas, Greece is hella expensive.
What can you see in Greece in 7 days?
So, what are the best things to do in 7 days in Greece?
- 1) Athens (2 days ) Where to stay in Athens.
- 2) Mycenae/ Epidaurus/ Nafplio (1 day ) Where to stay in Nafplio.
- 3) Palamidi Fortress/ Monemvasia (1 day )
- 4) Mystras/ Olympia (1 day )
- 5) Delphi (1 day )
- 6) Return to Athens (1 day )
- You’re traveling to Greece?
Can you do Greece in a week?
One week in Greece is probably enough time to explore one or two islands, visit Athens, and maybe do a day trip from Athens. Or you could visit Athens and a few other parts of mainland Greece, and maybe add in one island.
How can I fly to Greece cheap?
Here are some ways to save money on your next flight to Athens, Greece.
- Book early or late.
- Break it up.
- Be flexible.
- Consider other airlines.
- Take a tour.
- Fly direct.
- Try an “open-jaw flight.” Go into Athens but fly home out of Heraklion, Rhodes, Thessaloniki or Kerkyra.
- Comparison shop.
How much does it cost to go to Greece for 2 weeks?
Greece trip cost Based on my estimates, two weeks in Greece will cost you about $4,455 per person. Remember, this estimate is based on visiting the most popular islands (Santorini and Mykonos) which are also the most expensive.
How much does a meal cost in Greece?
Cost of Living in Greece
|Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant||10.00€|
|Meal for 2 People, Mid-range Restaurant, Three-course||35.00€|
|McMeal at McDonalds (or Equivalent Combo Meal )||6.00€|
|Domestic Beer (1 pint draught)||4.00€|
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Greece?
The cheapest months to book a flight to Greece: September and October, followed by November. Booking a flight in September can see as much as 13% savings compared to the average yearly flight price. The most expensive months to book a flight to Greece: May and June.