- 1 Is September a good month to visit Greece?
- 2 Is it warm enough to swim in Greece in September?
- 3 Which Greek island is the hottest in September?
- 4 What clothes to pack for Greece in September?
- 5 Is Greece still hot in September?
- 6 Is Greece crowded in September?
- 7 How hot is Santorini in September?
- 8 Where is a good place to vacation in September?
- 9 Where is hot in September?
- 10 Is September a good time to visit Crete?
- 11 Where is the best weather in Europe in September?
- 12 How hot is Corfu in September?
- 13 What should I avoid in Greece?
- 14 How do I not look like a tourist in Greece?
- 15 Is there a dress code in Greece?
Is September a good month to visit Greece?
The best time to visit Greece is during spring (April to early-June) and autumn ( September – October). You can enjoy mild weather and fewer crowds during these shoulder season periods. You’ll see that prices for hotels and tours are less from April to mid-June and again from September to mid-October.
Is it warm enough to swim in Greece in September?
Expect sun at the beginning of September. It’s swimming weather at the beach because the water is fairly warm, with an average sea temperature in September of 75 degrees Fahrenheit (24 degrees Celsius). In the Greek islands, temperatures are just a little warmer.
Which Greek island is the hottest in September?
For example Crete, which is perhaps the warmest Greek island in September might be basking in sunshine, but the northern mountains on the mainland might be feeling more chilly. The absolute best islands to visit in terms of good weather would be Crete and Rhodes, but September is still warm enough on most islands.
What clothes to pack for Greece in September?
A combination of summer and autumn clothing will do!
- T-shirts: Pack a bunch of several T-shirts.
- Shorts: once again several pairs of shorts are ideal for a morning walk, going to the beach or a small hike.
- Dresses for the ladies.
- Trousers: since it’s the start of the autumn you will need a pair or two of long trousers.
Is Greece still hot in September?
September is one of the best times of year to visit Greece. And, Santorini in particular is lovely for a spot of late-summer sun – weather-wise, you can expect temperatures in the mid-20s, with occasional highs of 30C, and 11 hours of sunshine per day.
Is Greece crowded in September?
When to Visit Greece to Avoid Crowds Increasingly, in places like Athens and Crete, September is now considered a high season month. If you want to avoid crowds in Athens, time your summer travel for June or August instead of July.
How hot is Santorini in September?
The average temperature in Santorini in September is about 25 degrees Celsius or about 77 Fahrenheit, but usually you get more than that and it feels even warmer because it’s mostly sunny.
Where is a good place to vacation in September?
16 Best Places to Travel in September
- Montreal, Canada. Montreal, Canada.
- Grand Canyon, Arizona. Havasu Falls in the Grand Canyon.
- Barcelona, Spain. Park Guell in Barcelona.
- Crete, Greece. Pink sand beach at Elafonissi.
- Buenos Aires, Argentina. Congress Square in Buenos Aires.
- Honolulu, Hawaii. Waikiki Beach with Diamond Head in the distance.
- Puerto Rico.
Where is hot in September?
The most popular destinations in September
|Hot favourites in September|
|Costa Brava||21°C||2 hrs|
|Costa del Sol||23°C||3 hrs|
Is September a good time to visit Crete?
The best time to visit Crete is from mid-May to June or from September to October. May brings with it warmer waters and beautiful wildflowers that can be spotted throughout the island’s natural attractions.
Where is the best weather in Europe in September?
9 European beach spots for late summer sun
- The Algarve, Portugal.
- Ibiza, Spain.
- Sardinia, Italy. Average September temperature: 22°C.
- Croatia. Average September temperature: 22°C.
- Malta. Average September temperature: 25°C.
- Greek Islands. Average September temperature: 22°C.
- Cyprus. Average September temperature: 24°C.
- Corsica, France. Average September temperature: 20°C.
How hot is Corfu in September?
What is the temperature in September in Corfu? In September, the average high-temperature is 27.6°C (81.7°F), and the average low-temperature is 16.5°C (61.7°F).
What should I avoid in Greece?
10 Things Tourists Should Never Do in Greece, Ever
- Show too much skin when visiting a church.
- Rely only on credit cards.
- Take a passive-aggressive attitude with smokers.
- Take photos of military installations.
- Throw paper in the toilet.
- Eat or drink in the metro in Athens.
- Do the moutza.
- Touch artifacts in museums and at archaeological sites.
How do I not look like a tourist in Greece?
Visiting Athens for the first time? These 12 helpful Athens travel tips will help you NOT look like a tourist
- Don’t visit in August.
- Do drink coffee several times a day.
- Don’t wear the “ancient Greece ” themed clothes sold in souvenir shops.
- Don’t talk about how you visited “the Greek islands”
- Do wear black – all year.
Is there a dress code in Greece?
Dress codes and cultural hints Most monasteries and to a lesser extent churches impose a fairly strict dress code for visitors: no shorts, with women expected to cover their arms and wear skirts (though most Greek women visitors will be in trousers); the necessary wraps are sometimes provided on the spot.