- 1 What clothes to take to Santorini in September?
- 2 How cold is Greece in September?
- 3 What should I pack for Greece?
- 4 Is Greece still hot in September?
- 5 How busy is Santorini in September?
- 6 How hot is Santorini in September?
- 7 Which Greek island is hottest in September?
- 8 Is Athens hot in September?
- 9 Is it warm enough to swim in Greece in September?
- 10 How do I not look like a tourist in Greece?
- 11 Is Greece safe for tourists 2020?
- 12 Is there a dress code in Greece?
- 13 Is Santorini warm in September?
- 14 Where is good for Sun in September?
- 15 Where is the warmest place in Europe in September?
What clothes to take to Santorini in September?
If you are wondering what to wear in Greece during this time, choose outfits comfortable in hot temperatures, such as shorts, tanks, airy blouses and lots of dresses! You’ll get lots of sunshine during this time which is why tourists flock to every beach and the top attractions are packed.
How cold is Greece in September?
The average temperature this month is 24°C (75°F), while the average low drops to 19°C (66°F), and the average high is still a warm 28°C (82°F). The beginning of September brings plenty of sun, no chance of rain, and an average daily temperature of 24°C (75°F).
What should I pack for Greece?
Greece packing list
- 7 x underwear.
- 5-7 x socks – you’ll probably spend most of your time in sandals, but there are lots of great places you might want running shoes for.
- 2 x loose, lightweight trousers – one full length and one cropped pair would be ideal!
- 2 x shorts.
- 1 x skirt or dress.
- 2 x long, loose shirts.
- 4-5 x t-shirts or tops.
Is Greece still hot in September?
September is one of the best times of year to visit Greece. And, Santorini in particular is lovely for a spot of late-summer sun – weather-wise, you can expect temperatures in the mid-20s, with occasional highs of 30C, and 11 hours of sunshine per day.
How busy is Santorini in September?
Santorini in September (80% Crowded ): Hot and sunny but cooling a little from August. The weather is similar to June but the water temperature is warmer as it heats over the summer months.
How hot is Santorini in September?
During this month, the average temperature for Santorini begins at 25°C on September 1st and gradually decreases until it reaches 22°C by September 30th. Daily highs and daily lows follow the same pattern, dropping from 28°C to 25°C and from 22°C to 19°C, respectively, as the month develops.
Which Greek island is hottest in September?
For example Crete, which is perhaps the warmest Greek island in September might be basking in sunshine, but the northern mountains on the mainland might be feeling more chilly. The absolute best islands to visit in terms of good weather would be Crete and Rhodes, but September is still warm enough on most islands.
Is Athens hot in September?
Greece in September The average high temperature dips five degrees to 29°C, making things a lot more pleasant, yet the sea temperature is still quite warm for swimming at 24°C, and is likely to stay quite comfortable through most of October.
Is it warm enough to swim in Greece in September?
Expect sun at the beginning of September. It’s swimming weather at the beach because the water is fairly warm, with an average sea temperature in September of 75 degrees Fahrenheit (24 degrees Celsius). In the Greek islands, temperatures are just a little warmer.
How do I not look like a tourist in Greece?
Visiting Athens for the first time? These 12 helpful Athens travel tips will help you NOT look like a tourist
- Don’t visit in August.
- Do drink coffee several times a day.
- Don’t wear the “ancient Greece ” themed clothes sold in souvenir shops.
- Don’t talk about how you visited “the Greek islands”
- Do wear black – all year.
Is Greece safe for tourists 2020?
The bottom line: There are risks in traveling to Greece, including some unique to the country, but as of April 2020, the U.S. Department of State does not discourage American travelers from visiting the country and urges travelers to exercise normal precautions.
Is there a dress code in Greece?
Dress codes and cultural hints Most monasteries and to a lesser extent churches impose a fairly strict dress code for visitors: no shorts, with women expected to cover their arms and wear skirts (though most Greek women visitors will be in trousers); the necessary wraps are sometimes provided on the spot.
Is Santorini warm in September?
September in Santorini is pretty hot and dry. The average temperature in Santorini in September is about 25 degrees Celsius or about 77 Fahrenheit, but usually you get more than that and it feels even warmer because it’s mostly sunny.
Where is good for Sun in September?
Fuerteventura, Tenerife and Lanzarote are three of the seven main Canary Islands with plenty of dramatic scenery, top-notch beaches and a dash of Spanish culture. Temperatures in Tenerife can reach the mid-20Cs in September and October, and in any case you’ll get a decent dose of sun.
Where is the warmest place in Europe in September?
1. Tenerife, Spain. With temperatures still sizzling well into September, Tenerife makes an ideal getaway. 15 of its beaches have blue flag status – more than any other Canary Island – with a combination of wide sweeping stretches and smaller, more intimate volcanic sand beaches.