- 1 Will my cell phone work in Greece?
- 2 How do I call a mobile in Greece?
- 3 Do and don’ts in Greece?
- 4 How do you ring Greece?
- 5 Is data roaming free in Greece?
- 6 Is the water safe to drink in Greece?
- 7 What should I avoid in Greece?
- 8 How do you dress in Greece?
- 9 How much money should I take to Greece for a week?
- 10 Which country code is 0039?
- 11 Which country code is 030?
- 12 Are is country code for?
Will my cell phone work in Greece?
Will Your Phone Work Abroad? Short Answer: Yes. Any modern phone that’s newer than an iPhone 4S should work in Europe. If you have an Android or Windows phone through Verizon and Sprint, be sure to check if it’s a “world phone ” (i.e., it’s GSM compatible) — most modern phones should be fine.
How do I call a mobile in Greece?
So if you’re going to make a call to Greece using a mobile phone, you should dial country code+area code+7-digit number. Some of the common area codes in Greece include Athens (21), Central Macedonia and Florina (23) and West Greece (26).
Do and don’ts in Greece?
Dos & Don ‘ ts
- Speak our (body) language. Don ‘ t think that you need to learn some Greek before you get here.
- Pick your restaurant wisely.
- Haggling is not cool.
- Tread carefully.
- Take your time.
- What not to wear.
- Follow toilet etiquette.
- Avoid the clichés.
How do you ring Greece?
Just follow these simple steps:
- Call the relevant Access Number.
- Dial the number, including the int’ dialing code (0030)
- Talk for as long as you want!
Is data roaming free in Greece?
Greece is a Go Roam in Europe destination which means you can use your data here at no extra cost. If you have an Add-on with a data allowance of 20GB or greater, a fair use limit applies, with use over 20GB subject to a small surcharge (see below).
Is the water safe to drink in Greece?
Water — The public drinking water in Greece is safe to drink, although it can be slightly brackish in some locales near the sea. For that reason, many people prefer the bottled water available at restaurants, hotels, cafes, food stores, and kiosks.
What should I avoid in Greece?
10 Things Tourists Should Never Do in Greece, Ever
- Show too much skin when visiting a church.
- Rely only on credit cards.
- Take a passive-aggressive attitude with smokers.
- Take photos of military installations.
- Throw paper in the toilet.
- Eat or drink in the metro in Athens.
- Do the moutza.
- Touch artifacts in museums and at archaeological sites.
How do you dress in Greece?
When planning what to wear in Greece in summer, pack tank tops, vests, shorts, mini-skirts, and light dresses; these can all be in bright, colorful shades to reflect the season. Opt for thin, light materials like cotton and linen for extra breathability and coolness.
How much money should I take to Greece for a week?
Past travelers have spent, on average, €28 ($34) on meals for one day and €22 ($27) on local transportation. Also, the average hotel price in Greece for a couple is €110 ($134). So, a trip to Greece for two people for one week costs on average €1,545 ($1,879).
Which country code is 0039?
The country code for calling Italy from abroad is 39. Telephone numbers in Italy.
|Country calling code||+39|
|International call prefix||00|
|List of Italy dialing codes|
Which country code is 030?
This is the format used for the four largest geographic areas in Germany: Berlin ( 030 ), Hamburg (040), Frankfurt (069) and Munich (089). Newly assigned numbers have a length of eight digits for the local subscriber number, yielding a total length of ten digits (not including the 0 trunk code ).
Are is country code for?
India Country Code 91 Country Code IN.