- 1 How long should I spend in Greece?
- 2 Is 5 days in Greece enough?
- 3 What can you see in Greece in 7 days?
- 4 What can you see in Greece in 5 days?
- 5 What time of year is best to visit Greece?
- 6 Is it expensive in Greece?
- 7 What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Greece?
- 8 How long is the ferry ride from Athens to Santorini?
- 9 What should you not miss in Greece?
- 10 How much money do you need for a week in Greece?
- 11 What is the best itinerary for Greece?
- 12 What do Greeks eat for breakfast?
- 13 How much does Greece trip cost?
- 14 How many days in Athens is enough?
- 15 Do I need a visa to visit Crete?
How long should I spend in Greece?
Spend at least seven days in Greece, and you’ll be able to comfortably explore Athens plus one or two Greek islands—pair Mykonos and Santorini, for example, or stick to the culture and cuisine of Crete.
Is 5 days in Greece enough?
Five days in Greece affords you a satisfying trip to Athens or one major island. Those interested in ancient history can get lost in the Greek capital, with famous sites like the Acropolis in the city limits and many nearby ruins just a day -trip away.
What can you see in Greece in 7 days?
So, what are the best things to do in 7 days in Greece?
- 1) Athens (2 days ) Where to stay in Athens.
- 2) Mycenae/ Epidaurus/ Nafplio (1 day ) Where to stay in Nafplio.
- 3) Palamidi Fortress/ Monemvasia (1 day )
- 4) Mystras/ Olympia (1 day )
- 5) Delphi (1 day )
- 6) Return to Athens (1 day )
- You’re traveling to Greece?
What can you see in Greece in 5 days?
The Ultimate 4- 5 days Greece Itinerary + Where to stay
- Day 1: Athens. Where to stay in Athens.
- Day 2: Day trip to the Saronic Islands.
- Day 3: Peloponnese.
- Day 4: Delphi. Where to stay in Delphi.
- Day 5: Athens.
What time of year is best to visit Greece?
The best time to visit Greece is during spring (April to early-June) and autumn (September – October). You can enjoy mild weather and fewer crowds during these shoulder season periods.
Is it expensive in Greece?
“ Greece is definitely not cheap, especially not Athens. Clubs charge around 20 EUR entrance fees. The akropolis is like 25 EUR entrance to walk around. Sure, tavernas are pretty cheap, but once you go up from backpacker hostels and low-end tavernas, Greece is hella expensive.
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Greece?
The cheapest months to book a flight to Greece: September and October, followed by November. Booking a flight in September can see as much as 13% savings compared to the average yearly flight price. The most expensive months to book a flight to Greece: May and June.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens to Santorini?
How long is the ferry ride from Athens (Piraeus) to Santorini? The Athens to Santorini ferry time is usually 4 to 10 hours. The duration of the trip to Santorini depends mainly on the type of vessel and the ferry company that serves this crossing.
What should you not miss in Greece?
Best things to do in Greece: top 10 attractions and activities
- #1 Sunset of Santorini. This is probably the most romantic thing to do in Greece!
- #2 The Acropolis of Athens. The Acropolis of Athens is arguably one of the unmissable attractions in Greece.
- #3 Swim in the sea.
- #4 Cycladic architecture.
- #5 Food and wine.
- #6 Ancient Delphi.
- #7 Nightlife in Mykonos.
- #8 Medieval Rhodes.
How much money do you need for a week in Greece?
How much money will you need for your trip to Greece? You should plan to spend around €110 ($134) per day on your vacation in Greece, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, €28 ($34) on meals for one day and €22 ($27) on local transportation.
What is the best itinerary for Greece?
Greece Itinerary: Top 5 Highlights
- The Santorini Caldera. Santorini is the most magical and unique Greek island.
- The Beaches of Naxos (and Many Greek Islands)
- The Parthenon and Acropolis in Athens.
- The Beach Clubs & Nightlife of Mykonos.
- The Town of Chania in Crete.
What do Greeks eat for breakfast?
10 Greek Breakfast Foods You Should Try Out
- Yogurt with Honey and Fresh Fruit. Greek yogurt is known for more than its creamy texture, quality and flavors, it’s also appreciated for its probiotic qualities.
- Feta, Veggies and Eggs.
- Eliopsomo: Greek Olive Bread.
- Pita Bread with Eggs.
- Fresh Fruit.
- Pita Dippers.
How much does Greece trip cost?
Total Greece Trip Budget
|Total Greece Trip Budget||$13,740|
How many days in Athens is enough?
How many days do you need in Athens? Around 3 days would be the time needed to see all the main highlights of historic Athens, and to also take a day trip to a place of significant importance such as Delphi or the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion.
Do I need a visa to visit Crete?
you can travel to countries in the Schengen area for up to 90 days in any 180-day period without a visa. if you are travelling to Greece and other Schengen countries without a visa, make sure your whole visit is within the 90-day limit.