- 1 Where is the nicest place in Greece?
- 2 How many days do you need to spend in Greece?
- 3 How far in advance should you plan a trip to Greece?
- 4 What cities should I visit in Greece?
- 5 What’s the cheapest Greek island to visit?
- 6 Which Greek island is the prettiest?
- 7 What time of year is best to visit Greece?
- 8 Is it expensive in Greece?
- 9 What can you do in Greece in 7 days?
- 10 Is mainland Greece worth visiting?
- 11 How do I plan a trip to Greece on a budget?
- 12 How much would a trip to Greece cost?
- 13 How many days in Athens is enough?
- 14 What should you not miss in Greece?
- 15 Is Santorini expensive?
Where is the nicest place in Greece?
- Santorini. Probably one of the most well-known places to visit in Greece, Santorini is the diamond of the Aegean.
- Knossos (One Of The Best Places in Greece For History)
- Athens (One of The Best Cities in Greece to Visit)
- Meteora (One of the Best Places to Visit in Greece on the Mainland)
How many days do you need to spend in Greece?
Spend at least seven days in Greece, and you’ll be able to comfortably explore Athens plus one or two Greek islands—pair Mykonos and Santorini, for example, or stick to the culture and cuisine of Crete.
How far in advance should you plan a trip to Greece?
We have a number of suggested itineraries for Greece but as a general rule of thumb would say you need the following minimums; Greece – 4 days. And you will likely only see Athens and a day trip somewhere else. Greek Islands – 5 days, which will give you 2 islands.
What cities should I visit in Greece?
10 Places You Need To Visit In Greece This Summer
- Athens. As the birthplace of democracy and vibrant capital of Greece, Athens is a world unto itself and probably the first place you’ll see on your trip.
- Lake Vouliagmeni.
- Milos Island.
- Crete (north side)
- Crete (south side)
- Karpathos Island.
What’s the cheapest Greek island to visit?
The Most Affordable Greek Islands to Visit This Year
- Agistri. Very close to Athens, Agistri is a very affordable option for an island holiday.
- Kythnos. Kythnos, a stunning little island in the Cyclades, seduces visitors with more than 70 beaches – the beautiful Kolona Beach is a must-see.
Which Greek island is the prettiest?
1.) I’m pretty sure Santorini is the most famous and possibly the most beautiful islands in Greece. With its clifftop villages and amazing views, it’s one of the unique Greek Islands that has been massively shaped by a volcanic eruption a few thousand years ago.
What time of year is best to visit Greece?
The best time to visit Greece is during spring (April to early-June) and autumn (September – October). You can enjoy mild weather and fewer crowds during these shoulder season periods.
Is it expensive in Greece?
“ Greece is definitely not cheap, especially not Athens. Clubs charge around 20 EUR entrance fees. The akropolis is like 25 EUR entrance to walk around. Sure, tavernas are pretty cheap, but once you go up from backpacker hostels and low-end tavernas, Greece is hella expensive.
What can you do in Greece in 7 days?
7 Day Itinerary for Traveling to Greece for the First Time
- Day 1: Athens.
- Day 2: Athens.
- Day 3: Delphi and Meteora.
- Day 4: Mykonos.
- Day 5: Mykonos Beaches.
- Day 6: Santorini. Where to Stay in Santorini.
- Day 7: Red Beach Santorini.
Is mainland Greece worth visiting?
Even though the islands are charming, the mainland can also be quite fascinating, partly because some parts are not easily visited. There are absolutely no areas of Greece where we wouldn’t like to go back – even Mykonos, which is not our favourite place, is a beautiful island to visit!
How do I plan a trip to Greece on a budget?
7 Tips for Exploring Greece on A Budget
- Visit off-season to save on flights and almost everything else.
- Sign up for free walking tours in Athens.
- Stay in an Airbnb or couchsurf.
- Book overnight ferries in advance.
- Venture to off-the-beaten-path islands.
- Rent a moped to get around the islands.
How much would a trip to Greece cost?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Greek Islands is $1,274 for a solo traveler, $2,288 for a couple, and $4,290 for a family of 4. Greek Islands hotels range from $50 to $226 per night with an average of $87, while most vacation rentals will cost $130 to $380 per night for the entire home.
How many days in Athens is enough?
How many days do you need in Athens? Around 3 days would be the time needed to see all the main highlights of historic Athens, and to also take a day trip to a place of significant importance such as Delphi or the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion.
What should you not miss in Greece?
Best things to do in Greece: top 10 attractions and activities
- #1 Sunset of Santorini. This is probably the most romantic thing to do in Greece!
- #2 The Acropolis of Athens. The Acropolis of Athens is arguably one of the unmissable attractions in Greece.
- #3 Swim in the sea.
- #4 Cycladic architecture.
- #5 Food and wine.
- #6 Ancient Delphi.
- #7 Nightlife in Mykonos.
- #8 Medieval Rhodes.
Is Santorini expensive?
There’s a reason Santorini attracts more than two million tourists each year — the white-and-blue washed island in the Greek Cyclades is basically heaven on earth. But it’s also about twice as expensive as Athens, with hotel prices in the summer climbing to $250, on average, per night.