- 1 Can a foreigner buy a car in Greece?
- 2 Are cars more expensive in Greece?
- 3 What documents do you need to buy a car in Greece?
- 4 What is the most popular car in Greece?
- 5 How much does it cost to register a car in Greece?
- 6 What cars are popular in Greece?
- 7 Are there cars in Greece?
- 8 How do I register my car in Greece?
- 9 Can you buy a van in Greece?
- 10 How do I sell a car in Greece?
- 11 What is the best European car to buy?
- 12 Which European country has the cheapest cars?
- 13 What’s the number one selling car in Europe?
Can a foreigner buy a car in Greece?
If you’re not an EU citizen, you’ll need a residency permit. While some dealerships will allow you to buy a car without it, most dealerships will require you to have one. Bring your residence permit, tax file number, ID, rental agreement to the dealership.
Are cars more expensive in Greece?
Expect to pay a LOT more than you would expect. Used vehicles are expensive in Greece compared to most of Europe (and I think Europe is more expensive than the US?) You will need a Greek tax number and possibly also a residence permit, although if you will be here for less than six months you may not need the latter.
What documents do you need to buy a car in Greece?
- Certified copy of proof of identity of both the buyer and seller.
- KTEO document (MOT) from the seller.
- Proof of circulation tax payment.
- Documentation of receipt of payment by the seller (an invoice marked paid)
- Request for transfer and registration of the car ownership ( document Aitisi)
What is the most popular car in Greece?
The most sold model in Greece is the Toyota YARIS with 6,562 unit sales in 2018.
How much does it cost to register a car in Greece?
Passenger cars registered for the first time in Greece on or after November 1, 2010 are also assessed a ‘green fee ‘, according to grams of carbon emissions (CO2) per kilometer: 0 – 100 (g/km): None. 101 – 120 (g/km): 0.90 euros. 121 – 140 (g/km): 1.10 euros.
What cars are popular in Greece?
The Toyota Yaris once again takes the top spot in Greece, with 473 cars sold in February, compared to the second-place Peugeot 208’s 310 units sold. Third place goes to the Citroen C3, which found its way into 286 Greek homes across the month.
Are there cars in Greece?
Car rentals Very frequently, tourists also rent a car to travel around the country or explore the Greek islands they visit. There are many car rentals agencies in Greece, in every city, touristy location and Greek islands.
How do I register my car in Greece?
How To Register A Vehicle In Greece | A-1 Auto Transport
- Original passport.
- Certificate of ownership.
- Current driver’s license with translation.
- A Greek residency permit.
- Copies of your mortgage or rental agreements for an apartment.
- Tax returns for the past two to three years.
Can you buy a van in Greece?
New cars and used cars can be bought in Greece. Cars are sold through dealerships, or privately, with a transfer from one owner to another.
How do I sell a car in Greece?
There are many ways to sell a used car in Greece:
- With a For Sale sign on the car – Πωλείται / προς πώληση
- Advertise the car in popular newspapers and websites, for example Χρυσή ευκαιρία or free of charge on Car.gr.
- Sell the car to a dealership.
- Negotiate with a local used car dealership to sell the car on commission.
What is the best European car to buy?
10 Most Reliable European Cars for 2018
- 2018 BMW 3 Series.
- 2018 Jaguar XE.
- 2018 Fiat 124 Spider.
- 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class.
- 2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop.
- 2018 Porsche 718 Cayman.
- 2018 Volkswagen Golf.
- 2018 Volvo S60. Volvo enjoys a reputation as one of the most reliable European marques.
Which European country has the cheapest cars?
Poland has emerged as the cheapest EU country to buy cars so it will be no surprise if more and more Germans cross the country’s eastern borders to buy cars.” Indeed, Germany, followed by Austria, remained the EU’s most expensive country for cars, with German prices 10% above those in Finland.
What’s the number one selling car in Europe?
The Peugeot 208 maintains 1st place, followed by the Volkswagen Golf and the Renault Clio.