- 1 Is Greece a good place to study abroad?
- 2 How much does it cost to study abroad in Greece?
- 3 Is studying in Greece worth it?
- 4 What can you study abroad in Greece?
- 5 Do people speak English in Greece?
- 6 Is University in Greece free?
- 7 How long is University in Greece?
- 8 How can I study for free in Greece?
- 9 Do universities in Greece teach in English?
- 10 Can I stay in Greece after graduation?
- 11 Is Greek hard to learn?
- 12 How much does it cost to study in Greece?
- 13 Are students allowed to work in Greece?
- 14 Is medicine taught in English in Greece?
- 15 How does college work in Greece?
Is Greece a good place to study abroad?
The birth place of democracy, the Olympics, and the lighthouse, Greece is one of the best countries to study abroad. Students will be able to enjoy the rich cuisine, vibrant night life, and the famous island way of life that make Greece a top destination to spend a semester in.
How much does it cost to study abroad in Greece?
Greece is one of the more affordable European destinations for international students. Most people should live comfortably on a budget of 450–750 EUR per month. Your lifestyle and choices will decide if this budget goes up or down. Greece is part of the European Union, so the national currency is the euro (EUR).
Is studying in Greece worth it?
The lovely weather, great universities, and the low living costs make Greece one of the best options to study abroad. However, you might not be able to work and study. Salaries are low and many job positions require basic knowledge of Greece.
What can you study abroad in Greece?
What Could You Study Abroad in Greece?
- Archaeology. Greece is brimming with places for archaeology students to explore.
- Greek Philosophy.
- Dance & Drama.
- A Unique Language Opportunity.
- Professional Experiences.
Do people speak English in Greece?
The official language of Greece is Greek, spoken by 99% of the population. The most common foreign languages learned by Greeks are English, German, French and Italian.
Is University in Greece free?
In Greek public universities, EU/EEA students are usually not charged with any tuition fee; the only exception are a few Master programmes. All other international students will have to pay tuition fees that range from 1,500 to 9,000 EUR/year that also includes textbooks for the chosen courses.
How long is University in Greece?
Most university departments in Greece offer one-year or two-year postgraduate courses, as well as the opportunity to pursue a doctoral degree.
How can I study for free in Greece?
Free Universities in Greece for International Students
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens. University Website.
- University of Crete. University Website.
- University of Thessaly. University Website.
- Technical University of Crete. University Website.
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
- National Technical University of Athens.
- University of Macedonia.
- University of Patras.
Do universities in Greece teach in English?
There are just over 20 universities in Greece, spread across the country and all within the public sector. While teaching is mainly in Greek, specialized study programs are also available in other languages (most commonly English ), at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Can I stay in Greece after graduation?
EU/EEA students you can stay and work in Greece without a work permit. You need to ensure your Certificate of Registration or Residence Certificate is still valid. It is a different story for non-EU students who want to work and stay in Greece after their studies.
Is Greek hard to learn?
It may not be the most difficult in the world to learn, but according to various studies, Greek is among the hardest languages for an English-speaking person to learn. Greek in particular, is really hard to learn, not only for English-speaking people, but all Latin-oriented language speakers.
How much does it cost to study in Greece?
Much to the benefit of EU students, universities operate on a tuition-free basis. International students outside the EU area tend pay anything between EUR 1500 to 9000/year, which is affordable to most international students because of many cheap universities in Greece.
Are students allowed to work in Greece?
Greece is the land of rich ancient history and birthplace of Western Culture. Being the hub of top fortune companies, Greek provides immense job & internship opportunities to students. Students are legally allowed to work for 22 hours per week.
Is medicine taught in English in Greece?
New 6-year Medical Degree ( English taught ) by AUTH Being one of the largest Greek Universities, with a long tradition covering a broad spectrum of scientific disciplines, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki launches its first 6-year Medical Degree in English.
How does college work in Greece?
Education in Greece is free so no fees are paid by students. The weak students who wish to follow an academic career have to attend additional classes in the many private schools that prepare them for the exams. The schools operate outside school hours and parents pay high fees.