- 1 Where is Milos Greece located?
- 2 How do you get to Milos island Greece?
- 3 How long is the ferry ride from Athens to Milos?
- 4 What is Milos famous for?
- 5 How much is ferry from Athens to Milos?
- 6 Where can I stay in Milos without a car?
- 7 Is Milos Greece safe?
- 8 How far is Milos from Santorini?
- 9 Can you fly direct to Milos?
- 10 Can you fly from Athens to Milos?
- 11 Does Milos Greece have an airport?
- 12 Where should I stay in Milos?
- 13 Are there sharks in Milos?
- 14 What airlines fly into Milos?
- 15 How far is Milos from Mykonos?
Where is Milos Greece located?
Milos or Melos (/ˈmiːlɒs, -loʊs/; Modern Greek: Μήλος, romanized: Mílos, IPA: [ˈmilos]; Ancient Greek: Μῆλος, romanized: Mêlos) is a volcanic Greek island in the Aegean Sea, just north of the Sea of Crete. Milos is the southwesternmost island in the Cyclades group.
How do you get to Milos island Greece?
You can use a ferry from the main port of Athens (Piraeus) or fly directly from the International Airport of Athens. There is a daily ferry from Athens to Milos all year round.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens to Milos?
The ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Milos runs all year round. The route is served by conventional and high-speed ferries and the journey lasts from 3 to 5 hours.
What is Milos famous for?
Outstanding beaches, crystal clear water and gorgeous sunsets are just some of the reasons why Milos should appear on your itinerary.
- Stunning beaches. Milos offers over 70 beaches ideal for swimming.
- Rainbow-colored Klima Village.
- The Volcano.
- The Amazing Sunsets.
- The food.
How much is ferry from Athens to Milos?
Ferry tickets from Athens to Milos cost €40 to €70, depending on the type of ferry and class of ticket. Ferries from Athens to Milos depart from the port of Piraeus. Piraeus is the closest port to Athens city center, and is easily reached via Metro.
Where can I stay in Milos without a car?
Milos Hotels and Places to Stay
- Lagada Beach Hotel. View Hotel. Milos, Cyclades.
- Delmar Apartments & Suites. View Hotel. Pollonia, Milos.
- En Milo. View Hotel. Pollonia, Milos.
- Portiani Hotel. View Hotel. Adamas, Milos.
- Nefeli Sunset Studios. View Hotel.
- Alexandros Village. View Hotel.
- Glaronisia Hotel. View Hotel.
- Hotel Aeolis. View Hotel.
Is Milos Greece safe?
Milos is a very safe island for tourists.
How far is Milos from Santorini?
What’s the distance between Santorini and Milos? The distance between the port of Santorini and the port of Milos is 52 nautical miles (approximately 96km).
Can you fly direct to Milos?
Which airlines offer direct flights to Milos? Aegean Airlines, Olympic Air, Sky Express all fly direct to Milos. The cheapest month to fly to Milos is June.
Can you fly from Athens to Milos?
As of May, there are 11 flights per week flying from Athens International to Milos.
Does Milos Greece have an airport?
Milos Island National Airport is an airport in Milos, Greece (IATA: MLO, ICAO: LGML). Milos is an island in the Cyclades.
Where should I stay in Milos?
The best Milos hotels and guesthouses I found were all in Pollonia: the intimate Tania Milos, the emphatically white, cave-like Salt and the more classical Melian. Just outside Adamas and close to Papikinou beach are the Santa Maria Luxury Suites.
Are there sharks in Milos?
All sharks are rare in Greece, and those that are seen or caught by fishermen are usually from less-dangerous types—basking sharks, thresher sharks, and dogfish. In recent years, sharks have been found or caught around Milos, Symi, and Crete. Sharks are rare in Greek waters and are usually harmless.
What airlines fly into Milos?
The airlines that fly to Milos are Olympicair.com, Aegean Airlines and Sky Express. Information desk for Olympic Air and Aegean Air: call +30.210.
How far is Milos from Mykonos?
The distance between Mykonos and Milos is around 61 nautical miles (112km).