- 1 What is the correct definition of tribute?
- 2 What does Tribute mean in world history?
- 3 What does the root word tribute mean?
- 4 What does Tribute mean in geography?
- 5 What is an example of a tribute?
- 6 How do you write a tribute to someone?
- 7 What does tribute means in the Bible?
- 8 Is Tribute used only for the dead?
- 9 Why did countries pay tribute?
- 10 What does Trib mean?
- 11 What is another word for tribute?
- 12 What is the purpose of a tribute?
- 13 Which of the following is the closest meaning of tribute?
- 14 What is the definition of an estuary?
What is the correct definition of tribute?
1a: something given or contributed voluntarily as due or deserved especially: a gift or service showing respect, gratitude, or affection a floral tribute.
What does Tribute mean in world history?
Freebase. Tribute. A tribute is wealth, often in kind, that one party gives to another as a sign of respect or, as was often the case in historical contexts, of submission or allegiance. Various ancient states exacted tribute from the rulers of land which the state conquered or otherwise threatened to conquer.
What does the root word tribute mean?
mid-14c., “stated sum of money or other valuable consideration paid by one ruler or country to another in acknowledgment of submission or as the price of peace or protection,” from Anglo-French tribute, Old French tribut and directly from Latin tributum ” tribute, a stated payment, a thing contributed or paid,” noun use
What does Tribute mean in geography?
1. ( Physical Geography ) a stream, river, or glacier that feeds another larger one. 2. ( Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a person, nation, or people that pays tribute. adj.
What is an example of a tribute?
The definition of a tribute refers to a statement or actions honoring someone or something. An example of a tribute is a dinner hosted to honor a person and give him an award. An acknowledgment of gratitude, respect or admiration; an accompanying gift. Please accept this as a tribute of our thanks.
How do you write a tribute to someone?
How to honor someone special in your life by writing a tribute
- Think of specific examples of when this person was there for you or did something that made your life better.
- Expand your writing to describe the impact, how you changed because of this person, and why it mattered.
- Write as many memories as possible.
- Freewrite a list of words that describe the person you’re honoring.
What does tribute means in the Bible?
a gift, testimonial, compliment, or the like, given as due or in acknowledgment of gratitude or esteem. a stated sum or other valuable consideration paid by one sovereign or state to another in acknowledgment of subjugation or as the price of peace, security, protection, or the like.
Is Tribute used only for the dead?
It’s used for works of art or literature and it’s also used for dead people (while tribute is only used for the living).
Why did countries pay tribute?
Typically, a Barbary peace treaty required a nation to pay ” tribute ” to the pirate ruler, who would then call off attacks on the nation’s ships. Tribute usually took the form of a large payment of money plus annual payments. The war fleets of the European powers could easily have defeated the Barbary pirate ships.
What does Trib mean?
To stimulate your vulva against another vulva; to scissor.
What is another word for tribute?
Tribute Synonyms – WordHippo Thesaurus. What is another word for tribute?
What is the purpose of a tribute?
A tribute speech belongs in a special category of speeches called commemorative. Its principal purpose is to inspire and celebrate; uniting listeners in sincere, heartfelt gratitude and admiration for its subject.
Which of the following is the closest meaning of tribute?
Answer. Answer; A tribute is a sign of respect or admiration, an award to honour a person’s accomplishments.
What is the definition of an estuary?
The Estuary —where fresh and saltwater mix. Estuaries and their surrounding wetlands are bodies of water usually found where rivers meet the sea. Estuaries are home to unique plant and animal communities that have adapted to brackish water—a mixture of fresh water draining from the land and salty seawater.