- 1 What is the average monthly temperature in Greece?
- 2 What is the temperature in Greece all year round?
- 3 What is the climate like in Greece?
- 4 What is the best time of year to visit Greece?
- 5 What food do they eat in Greece?
- 6 Is Greece warm all year round?
- 7 What’s the hottest month in Greece?
- 8 How safe is Greece?
- 9 What is the main religion in Greece?
- 10 Is Greece hotter than Italy?
- 11 Is living in Greece expensive?
- 12 Does Greece have 4 seasons?
- 13 What should you not do in Greece?
- 14 How many days in Greece is enough?
- 15 Do they speak English in Greece?
What is the average monthly temperature in Greece?
|Quick Climate Info|
|Hottest Month||August (84 °F avg )|
|Coldest Month||January (50 °F avg )|
|Wettest Month||December (2.37″ avg )|
|Windiest Month||August (7 mph avg )|
What is the temperature in Greece all year round?
In Athens, the summers are hot, dry, and clear and the winters are long, cold, windy, and partly cloudy. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 42°F to 92°F and is rarely below 34°F or above 97°F.
What is the climate like in Greece?
Weather and climate Greece has a warm Mediterranean climate. In summer (June to August), dry hot days are often relieved by stiff evening breezes, especially in the north, on the islands and in coastal areas. Athens can be stiflingly hot, with temperatures occasionally exceeding 40°C (104°F) in July.
What is the best time of year to visit Greece?
The best time to visit Greece is during spring (April to early-June) and autumn (September – October). You can enjoy mild weather and fewer crowds during these shoulder season periods.
What food do they eat in Greece?
Don’t leave Greece without trying…
- Taramasalata. A mainstay of any Greek meal are classic dips such as tzatziki (yogurt, cucumber and garlic),melitzanosalata (aubergine), and fava (creamy split pea purée).
- Olives and olive oil.
- Grilled meat.
- Fresh fish.
- Courgette balls (kolokythokeftedes)
Is Greece warm all year round?
Greece has a typical Mediterranean climate, which lends itself to mild and often wet winters and dry summers. The country is mostly sunny throughout the year. The northern part of the country can be very cold during the winters, even receiving snow in some areas. Winter is milder to the south.
What’s the hottest month in Greece?
Best Time to Visit Greece for Good Weather: May to October has lots of sunny weather. July and August are the hottest months.
How safe is Greece?
Greece is a very safe country to travel to. Tourists are unlikely to experience any crime or violence. The only concern is petty crime on the streets, but if you apply the basic precaution measures, your trip should go smoothly.
What is the main religion in Greece?
Religion in Greece is dominated by the Greek Orthodox Church, which is within the larger communion of the Eastern Orthodox Church. It represented 90% of the total population in 2015 and is constitutionally recognized as the “prevailing religion ” of Greece.
Is Greece hotter than Italy?
Italy vs Greece: Weather The climate in both countries is quite similar. From May to October, the weather is warm, and the regions get a lot of Sun. However, Greece takes the win for the cool breezes that make the weather pleasant on the Greek Islands in the hotter months.
Is living in Greece expensive?
Greece offers everything you could want from a retirement in Europe. There’s great food, culture, history and sunny weather. Most importantly, it’s affordable. You could live happily on a budget of $1,800 or less per month.
Does Greece have 4 seasons?
Spring, summer, autumn, winter: All year round, Greece is the most beautiful country of the Mediterranean. You can enjoy holidays during all seasons in Greece: spring, autumn and winter promise experiences that will remain indelibly etched in your memory.
What should you not do in Greece?
10 Things Tourists Should Never Do in Greece, Ever
- Show too much skin when visiting a church.
- Rely only on credit cards.
- Take a passive-aggressive attitude with smokers.
- Take photos of military installations.
- Throw paper in the toilet.
- Eat or drink in the metro in Athens.
- Do the moutza.
- Touch artifacts in museums and at archaeological sites.
How many days in Greece is enough?
Planning Your Trip to Greece We recommend that you spend at least seven days in Greece to be able to comfortably explore Athens and one or two Greek islands. With more days to spend, you can obviously explore more destinations and less-visited islands, but if you are planning a quick getaway we’ve got you covered too.
Do they speak English in Greece?
The official language of Greece is Greek, spoken by 99% of the population. The most common foreign languages learned by Greeks are English, German, French and Italian.