- 1 How much does an average trip to Greece cost?
- 2 How do I visit Greece for the first time?
- 3 How do I plan a trip to Greece?
- 4 Is Greece expensive to vacation?
- 5 What is the cheapest month to fly to Greece?
- 6 Do they speak English in Greece?
- 7 How much would a week in Greece cost?
- 8 How can I fly to Greece cheap?
- 9 What can you see in Greece in 7 days?
- 10 How many days in Greece is enough?
- 11 How far in advance should I book a trip to Greece?
- 12 How far in advance should you plan a trip to Greece?
- 13 How long is the flight to Greece?
- 14 What is best time of year to go to Greece?
How much does an average trip to Greece cost?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Greek Islands is $1,274 for a solo traveler, $2,288 for a couple, and $4,290 for a family of 4. Greek Islands hotels range from $50 to $226 per night with an average of $87, while most vacation rentals will cost $130 to $380 per night for the entire home.
How do I visit Greece for the first time?
How do I get to Greece? By far, the fastest and easiest way to get to Greece is to fly. There are direct flights to many Greek destinations from all major airports. If you have more time, then driving or traveling by train can be enjoyable, although probably more expensive than flying.
How do I plan a trip to Greece?
- Step 1: Check to See if You Need a Visa.
- Book Your Tickets.
- Plan Your Greece Itinerary.
- Plan Your Activities.
- Budget Your Trip.
- Book Your Accommodations.
- Research Any Vaccinations You May Need.
- Step 8: Learn a Few Common Greek Words and Brush Up on the Greek Alphabet.
Is Greece expensive to vacation?
“ Greece is definitely not cheap, especially not Athens. Clubs charge around 20 EUR entrance fees. The akropolis is like 25 EUR entrance to walk around. Sure, tavernas are pretty cheap, but once you go up from backpacker hostels and low-end tavernas, Greece is hella expensive.
What is the cheapest month to fly to Greece?
The cheapest months to book a flight to Greece: September and October, followed by November. Booking a flight in September can see as much as 13% savings compared to the average yearly flight price. The most expensive months to book a flight to Greece: May and June.
Do they speak English in Greece?
The official language of Greece is Greek, spoken by 99% of the population. The most common foreign languages learned by Greeks are English, German, French and Italian.
How much would a week in Greece cost?
Past travelers have spent, on average, €28 ($34) on meals for one day and €22 ($27) on local transportation. Also, the average hotel price in Greece for a couple is €110 ($134). So, a trip to Greece for two people for one week costs on average €1,545 ($1,879).
How can I fly to Greece cheap?
Here are some ways to save money on your next flight to Athens, Greece.
- Book early or late.
- Break it up.
- Be flexible.
- Consider other airlines.
- Take a tour.
- Fly direct.
- Try an “open-jaw flight.” Go into Athens but fly home out of Heraklion, Rhodes, Thessaloniki or Kerkyra.
- Comparison shop.
What can you see in Greece in 7 days?
So, what are the best things to do in 7 days in Greece?
- 1) Athens (2 days ) Where to stay in Athens.
- 2) Mycenae/ Epidaurus/ Nafplio (1 day ) Where to stay in Nafplio.
- 3) Palamidi Fortress/ Monemvasia (1 day )
- 4) Mystras/ Olympia (1 day )
- 5) Delphi (1 day )
- 6) Return to Athens (1 day )
- You’re traveling to Greece?
How many days in Greece is enough?
Planning Your Trip to Greece We recommend that you spend at least seven days in Greece to be able to comfortably explore Athens and one or two Greek islands. With more days to spend, you can obviously explore more destinations and less-visited islands, but if you are planning a quick getaway we’ve got you covered too.
How far in advance should I book a trip to Greece?
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Greece. Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price. High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Greece is October.
How far in advance should you plan a trip to Greece?
We have a number of suggested itineraries for Greece but as a general rule of thumb would say you need the following minimums; Greece – 4 days. And you will likely only see Athens and a day trip somewhere else. Greek Islands – 5 days, which will give you 2 islands.
How long is the flight to Greece?
About Greece Flights last around four hours, but it all depends on your choice of airport.
What is best time of year to go to Greece?
The best time to visit Greece is during spring (April to early-June) and autumn (September – October). You can enjoy mild weather and fewer crowds during these shoulder season periods.