- 1 What is the cheapest way to fly to Greece?
- 2 What is the cheapest month to fly to Greece?
- 3 How can I get to Greece cheap?
- 4 How much would a trip to Greece cost?
- 5 Is food expensive in Greece?
- 6 Is Greece an expensive place to visit?
- 7 How much does it cost to go to Greece for 2 weeks?
- 8 Do you need a passport to go to Greece?
- 9 How long does it take to fly to Greece?
- 10 What is the best month to visit Greece?
- 11 How long should you spend in Greece?
- 12 Do they speak English in Greece?
- 13 Is Santorini expensive to visit?
- 14 How do I visit Greece for the first time?
What is the cheapest way to fly to Greece?
This is the Cheapest Way to Fly to Greece
- Go towards the beginning or the end of the peak seasons. This means going in May and early June or September.
- Fly to a European country, most likely London, FIRST. This is the biggest factor and way to get cheap flights.
- Be flexible in your flying days.
What is the cheapest month to fly to Greece?
The cheapest months to book a flight to Greece: September and October, followed by November. Booking a flight in September can see as much as 13% savings compared to the average yearly flight price. The most expensive months to book a flight to Greece: May and June.
How can I get to Greece cheap?
Here are some ways to save money on your next flight to Athens, Greece.
- Book early or late.
- Break it up.
- Be flexible.
- Consider other airlines.
- Take a tour.
- Fly direct.
- Try an “open-jaw flight.” Go into Athens but fly home out of Heraklion, Rhodes, Thessaloniki or Kerkyra.
- Comparison shop.
How much would a trip to Greece cost?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Greek Islands is $1,274 for a solo traveler, $2,288 for a couple, and $4,290 for a family of 4. Greek Islands hotels range from $50 to $226 per night with an average of $87, while most vacation rentals will cost $130 to $380 per night for the entire home.
Is food expensive in Greece?
While meal prices in Greece can vary, the average cost of food in Greece is €28 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Greece should cost around €11 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
Is Greece an expensive place to visit?
Many people think that the cost of a trip to Greece is very expensive, mainly because of all the beachside resorts and luxury yachts that pop up on Instagram. The truth is, Greece is actually very affordable, especially compared to other European countries.
How much does it cost to go to Greece for 2 weeks?
Greece trip cost Based on my estimates, two weeks in Greece will cost you about $4,455 per person. Remember, this estimate is based on visiting the most popular islands (Santorini and Mykonos) which are also the most expensive.
Do you need a passport to go to Greece?
For entry into Greece, your passport should have at least six months of remaining validity. U.S. official and diplomatic passport holders must obtain a Schengen visa prior to arrival. If you are traveling on a U.S. official or diplomatic passport, you will not be allowed to enter Greece without a visa.
How long does it take to fly to Greece?
About Greece Flights last around four hours, but it all depends on your choice of airport.
What is the best month to visit Greece?
The best time to visit Greece is during spring (April to early-June) and autumn (September – October). You can enjoy mild weather and fewer crowds during these shoulder season periods.
How long should you spend in Greece?
Planning Your Trip to Greece We recommend that you spend at least seven days in Greece to be able to comfortably explore Athens and one or two Greek islands. With more days to spend, you can obviously explore more destinations and less-visited islands, but if you are planning a quick getaway we ‘ve got you covered too.
Do they speak English in Greece?
The official language of Greece is Greek, spoken by 99% of the population. The most common foreign languages learned by Greeks are English, German, French and Italian.
Is Santorini expensive to visit?
There’s a reason Santorini attracts more than two million tourists each year — the white-and-blue washed island in the Greek Cyclades is basically heaven on earth. But it’s also about twice as expensive as Athens, with hotel prices in the summer climbing to $250, on average, per night.
How do I visit Greece for the first time?
How do I get to Greece? By far, the fastest and easiest way to get to Greece is to fly. There are direct flights to many Greek destinations from all major airports. If you have more time, then driving or traveling by train can be enjoyable, although probably more expensive than flying.