- 1 How much does it cost to vacation in Greece?
- 2 How much should I budget for a week in Greece?
- 3 How much money should I bring to Greece?
- 4 Is it expensive in Greece now?
- 5 What is the cheapest month to fly to Greece?
- 6 Is Greece cheap or expensive?
- 7 What is the best month to visit Greece?
- 8 How much does it cost to go to Greece for 2 weeks?
- 9 How can I go to Greece on a budget?
- 10 Can I use my debit card in Greece?
- 11 How many days in Greece is enough?
- 12 Is Santorini dangerous?
- 13 Do people in Greece speak English?
- 14 Which Greek island is the cheapest?
- 15 Is it safe to travel in Greece?
How much does it cost to vacation in Greece?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Greek Islands is $1,274 for a solo traveler, $2,288 for a couple, and $4,290 for a family of 4. Greek Islands hotels range from $50 to $226 per night with an average of $87, while most vacation rentals will cost $130 to $380 per night for the entire home.
How much should I budget for a week in Greece?
Past travelers have spent, on average, €28 ($34) on meals for one day and €22 ($27) on local transportation. Also, the average hotel price in Greece for a couple is €110 ($134). So, a trip to Greece for two people for one week costs on average €1,545 ($1,879).
How much money should I bring to Greece?
Despite problems in the Greek economy, it’s still on the expensive side to travel to Greece. Budget travelers should plan on $50 a day, while mid-range to luxury travelers can expect to pay between $150 to $350 a day, or higher if you plan to visit more than one of its 200 islands.
Is it expensive in Greece now?
Many people think that the cost of a trip to Greece is very expensive, mainly because of all the beachside resorts and luxury yachts that pop up on Instagram. The truth is, Greece is actually very affordable, especially compared to other European countries.
What is the cheapest month to fly to Greece?
The cheapest months to book a flight to Greece: September and October, followed by November. Booking a flight in September can see as much as 13% savings compared to the average yearly flight price. The most expensive months to book a flight to Greece: May and June.
Is Greece cheap or expensive?
“ Greece is definitely not cheap, especially not Athens. Clubs charge around 20 EUR entrance fees. The akropolis is like 25 EUR entrance to walk around. Sure, tavernas are pretty cheap, but once you go up from backpacker hostels and low-end tavernas, Greece is hella expensive.
What is the best month to visit Greece?
The best time to visit Greece is during spring (April to early-June) and autumn (September – October). You can enjoy mild weather and fewer crowds during these shoulder season periods.
How much does it cost to go to Greece for 2 weeks?
Greece trip cost Based on my estimates, two weeks in Greece will cost you about $4,455 per person. Remember, this estimate is based on visiting the most popular islands (Santorini and Mykonos) which are also the most expensive.
How can I go to Greece on a budget?
7 Tips for Exploring Greece on A Budget
- Visit off-season to save on flights and almost everything else.
- Sign up for free walking tours in Athens.
- Stay in an Airbnb or couchsurf.
- Book overnight ferries in advance.
- Venture to off-the-beaten-path islands.
- Rent a moped to get around the islands.
Can I use my debit card in Greece?
Using an ATM in Greece Most ATMs in Greece will accept debit cards issued by a common credit card company like MasterCard or Visa, but almost always they will require a four-digit PIN number for verification.
How many days in Greece is enough?
Planning Your Trip to Greece We recommend that you spend at least seven days in Greece to be able to comfortably explore Athens and one or two Greek islands. With more days to spend, you can obviously explore more destinations and less-visited islands, but if you are planning a quick getaway we’ve got you covered too.
Is Santorini dangerous?
Santorini is hot, especially in the summer. Pack plenty of sunscreen, hats, and flip flops. First-time visitors have found out the hard way that the pebbles, rocks, and sand on the beaches can be dangerous. Every year, more than a few people head home with serious burns and blisters on their feet.
Do people in Greece speak English?
The official language of Greece is Greek, spoken by 99% of the population. The most common foreign languages learned by Greeks are English, German, French and Italian.
Which Greek island is the cheapest?
The Most Affordable Greek Islands to Visit This Year
- Agistri. Very close to Athens, Agistri is a very affordable option for an island holiday.
- Kythnos. Kythnos, a stunning little island in the Cyclades, seduces visitors with more than 70 beaches – the beautiful Kolona Beach is a must-see.
Is it safe to travel in Greece?
Greece is a very safe country to travel to. Tourists are unlikely to experience any crime or violence. The only concern is petty crime on the streets, but if you apply the basic precaution measures, your trip should go smoothly.