- 1 How far does the dollar go in Greece?
- 2 How much will a trip to Greece cost?
- 3 How much money should I take to Greece for a week?
- 4 Why is Greece so expensive?
- 5 Can you use US dollars in Greece?
- 6 Is food expensive in Greece?
- 7 What is the cheapest month to fly to Greece?
- 8 Do people in Greece speak English?
- 9 How can I fly to Greece cheap?
- 10 How much does a meal cost in Greece?
- 11 How much does it cost to go to Greece for 2 weeks?
- 12 How much does a beer cost in Greece?
- 13 What is the cheapest country to visit?
- 14 Which is the nicest Greek island?
- 15 What is the cheapest island in Greece?
How far does the dollar go in Greece?
Prices are listed in US Dollars (USD). Greece uses the Euro (EUR). As of January 2020, the exchange rate is 1 USD = 0.91 EUR. 2 Weeks in Greece Travel Costs.
|Expenses||Estimated Daily Cost||Estimated Total Cost|
|Total (excluding airfare)||$26-$204||$364-$2856|
How much will a trip to Greece cost?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Greek Islands is $1,274 for a solo traveler, $2,288 for a couple, and $4,290 for a family of 4. Greek Islands hotels range from $50 to $226 per night with an average of $87, while most vacation rentals will cost $130 to $380 per night for the entire home.
How much money should I take to Greece for a week?
You should budget for around £45 per person per day for your visit to Greece or £315 per week, to include all food and excursions.
Why is Greece so expensive?
Greece is expensive because the country uses the euro. The euro is very expensive vs the dollar, hence Greece’s prices are forced to be set at a rate perceived as high by US visitors. Actually Greece is expensive because the tourism industry got greedy. Just like it did in Spain.
Can you use US dollars in Greece?
Can you use dollars in Greece? No you can ‘t spend dollars in Greece. You will need to either use your cards or get hold of some physical Euros when on vacation in Greece.
Is food expensive in Greece?
While meal prices in Greece can vary, the average cost of food in Greece is €28 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Greece should cost around €11 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
What is the cheapest month to fly to Greece?
The cheapest months to book a flight to Greece: September and October, followed by November. Booking a flight in September can see as much as 13% savings compared to the average yearly flight price. The most expensive months to book a flight to Greece: May and June.
Do people in Greece speak English?
The official language of Greece is Greek, spoken by 99% of the population. The most common foreign languages learned by Greeks are English, German, French and Italian.
How can I fly to Greece cheap?
Here are some ways to save money on your next flight to Athens, Greece.
- Book early or late.
- Break it up.
- Be flexible.
- Consider other airlines.
- Take a tour.
- Fly direct.
- Try an “open-jaw flight.” Go into Athens but fly home out of Heraklion, Rhodes, Thessaloniki or Kerkyra.
- Comparison shop.
How much does a meal cost in Greece?
How much does a meal cost in Greece? Cheap street food will cost you under 5 EUR, while a cheap meal at a cafe will be closer to 10 EUR. A casual meal at a nice restaurant will cost around 20 EUR (30 EUR if you include wine).
How much does it cost to go to Greece for 2 weeks?
Greece trip cost Based on my estimates, two weeks in Greece will cost you about $4,455 per person. Remember, this estimate is based on visiting the most popular islands (Santorini and Mykonos) which are also the most expensive.
How much does a beer cost in Greece?
|COUNTRY||Average Pint Price ( in Euro)||Average Pint Price ( in Pound)|
What is the cheapest country to visit?
- Mexico, $40/day. Mexico is full of endless adventures.
- Nicaragua, $35/day. Nicaragua is one of the cheapest Central American destinations to travel in, although it’s not likely to stay that way for much longer.
- Guatemala, $38/day.
- Colombia, $35/day.
- Bolivia, $30/day.
- Arizona & Utah (for a road trip!), $45/day.
Which is the nicest Greek island?
The 5 Best Greek Islands
- Santorini. My favorite island in Greece is Santorini.
- Mykonos. The best nightlife and clubbing in Greece is found on Mykonos.
- Crete. The largest Greek island and rich with beaches, historical sights, hikes, and small cities.
- Naxos. The most family-friendly island in Greece is Naxos.
What is the cheapest island in Greece?
The Most Affordable Greek Islands to Visit This Year
- Agistri. Very close to Athens, Agistri is a very affordable option for an island holiday.
- Kythnos. Kythnos, a stunning little island in the Cyclades, seduces visitors with more than 70 beaches – the beautiful Kolona Beach is a must-see.