- 1 Where should I travel from Athens Greece?
- 2 What is the easiest Greek island to get to from Athens?
- 3 What is the best way to travel in Greece?
- 4 How do you get from Athens to the Greek islands?
- 5 How many days in Athens is enough?
- 6 Is Athens worth visiting?
- 7 What are the best day trips from Athens?
- 8 How long is the ferry ride from Athens to Santorini?
- 9 What is the nicest island in Greece?
- 10 How do you get around Greece cheaply?
- 11 How much money should I take to Greece for a week?
- 12 What month is the cheapest to fly to Greece?
- 13 Is island hopping in Greece expensive?
- 14 What’s the cheapest Greek island to visit?
- 15 Where in Greece is Mamma Mia filmed?
Where should I travel from Athens Greece?
15 Top-Rated Day Trips from Athens
- Delphi. Delphi.
- Metéora. Metéora.
- Mycenae: The Legendary City of Greek Mythology. Mycenae: The Legendary City of Greek Mythology.
- Athens Riviera (Coast of Apollo) Athens Riviera (Coast of Apollo)
- The Islands of Aegina, Poros, and Hydra.
- The Romantic City of Nafplio.
- The Ancient Theater of Epidaurus.
What is the easiest Greek island to get to from Athens?
Aegina. Just an hour from the port of Piraeus, Aegina is the island closest to Athens.
What is the best way to travel in Greece?
- Buses. The intercity bus system in Greece is very efficient and if you do your homework you can travel anywhere in the Greek mainland with the “KTEL” (intercity) green colored buses.
- Ferries and Boats.
- Renting a Car in Greece.
- Renting a Moped or Four-Wheeler.
- Getting Around in Athens.
- Taxis in Greece.
How do you get from Athens to the Greek islands?
The Greek Islands can be accessed from Athens either by flying or by taking a ferry. Ferries leave from Piraeus port in Athens. Distances and travel times can vary widely, depending on your destination. Each of Greece’s islands is unique, and they all have a lot to offer.
How many days in Athens is enough?
How many days do you need in Athens? Around 3 days would be the time needed to see all the main highlights of historic Athens, and to also take a day trip to a place of significant importance such as Delphi or the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion.
Is Athens worth visiting?
Athens is now definitely one of the best cities to visit in Greece. It’s worth visiting Athens today for both its ancient treasures – and its modern delights.
What are the best day trips from Athens?
15 Best Day Trips from Athens
- Delphi. Source: Anastasios71 / shutterstock Delphi, Greece.
- Mycenae. Source: Heracles Kritikos / shutterstock Mycenae.
- Corinth. Source: Kamil Saks / shutterstock Corinth.
- Cape Sounio. Source: WitR / shutterstock Cape Sounio.
- Attic Riviera (Coast of Apollo)
- Hydra Island.
- The Monastery of Dafní
How long is the ferry ride from Athens to Santorini?
How long is the ferry ride from Athens (Piraeus) to Santorini? The Athens to Santorini ferry time is usually 4 to 10 hours. The duration of the trip to Santorini depends mainly on the type of vessel and the ferry company that serves this crossing.
What is the nicest island in Greece?
Best islands in Greece
- Santorini. In Santorini the blue of the sea blends with the blue of the sky and the blue roofs of the houses.
- Kefalonia Island.
- Marathonisi Island.
- Rhodes Island.
- Symi Island.
How do you get around Greece cheaply?
7 Tips for Exploring Greece on A Budget
- Visit off-season to save on flights and almost everything else.
- Sign up for free walking tours in Athens.
- Stay in an Airbnb or couchsurf.
- Book overnight ferries in advance.
- Venture to off-the-beaten-path islands.
- Rent a moped to get around the islands.
How much money should I take to Greece for a week?
Past travelers have spent, on average, €28 ($34) on meals for one day and €22 ($27) on local transportation. Also, the average hotel price in Greece for a couple is €110 ($134). So, a trip to Greece for two people for one week costs on average €1,545 ($1,879).
What month is the cheapest to fly to Greece?
The cheapest months to book a flight to Greece: September and October, followed by November. Booking a flight in September can see as much as 13% savings compared to the average yearly flight price. The most expensive months to book a flight to Greece: May and June.
Is island hopping in Greece expensive?
Cheap Island Hopping Ferry tickets in Greece are not expensive but not as cheap as they used to be. The best way to save money is to make fewer stops (choose 2 or 3 islands and explore them more thoroughly instead of hitting a half-dozen islands each for a night or two).
What’s the cheapest Greek island to visit?
The Most Affordable Greek Islands to Visit This Year
- Agistri. Very close to Athens, Agistri is a very affordable option for an island holiday.
- Kythnos. Kythnos, a stunning little island in the Cyclades, seduces visitors with more than 70 beaches – the beautiful Kolona Beach is a must-see.
Where in Greece is Mamma Mia filmed?
MAMMA MIA Skopelos Island Kalokairi island of MAMMA MIA movie is Skopelos. MAMMA MIA Skopelos. The very successful movie of Hollywood and Universal Studios with the wonderful songs of ABBA and amazing actors, Mamma Mia was filmed in Greece in Skopelos, Skiathos and Damouhari Pelion.