- 1 Is mainland Greece worth visiting?
- 2 What is classed as mainland Greece?
- 3 Where are the best beaches in mainland Greece?
- 4 What is the most beautiful part of Greece?
- 5 Where should I stay in Greece mainland?
- 6 Is Santorini in mainland Greece?
- 7 Is nafpaktos worth visiting?
- 8 Is Santorini expensive?
- 9 Which are the best Greek islands to visit?
- 10 Which is the cheapest Greek island?
- 11 Where is the clearest water in Greece?
- 12 Is it safe to swim in the sea in Greece?
- 13 What can you see in Greece in 7 days?
- 14 Do they speak English in Greece?
- 15 What is the best time of year to visit Greece?
Is mainland Greece worth visiting?
Even though the islands are charming, the mainland can also be quite fascinating, partly because some parts are not easily visited. There are absolutely no areas of Greece where we wouldn’t like to go back – even Mykonos, which is not our favourite place, is a beautiful island to visit!
What is classed as mainland Greece?
Mainland. Mainland Greece forms the southernmost part of the Balkan peninsula with two additional smaller peninsulas projecting from it: the Chalkidiki and the Peloponnese. The north of the country includes the regions of Macedonia and Thrace.
Where are the best beaches in mainland Greece?
The best beaches on Mainland Greece are found in Halkidiki. The best beach hotels in Greece for an idyllic beach holiday are Ios Palace Hotel & Spa in Ios, Iria Beach Hotel in Naxos, and Branco Mykonos and Mykonos Blanc in Mykonos (both hotels are new and right on the beach ).
What is the most beautiful part of Greece?
Greece in Pictures: 18 Beautiful Places to Photograph
- Oia Village, Santorini Island. Oia Village, Santorini.
- Athens Acropolis. Athens Acropolis.
- Meteora Monasteries. Meteora.
- Mykonos Island. Windmill above Chora Mykonos.
- Chania, Crete Island. Chania Harbor.
- Village of Náoussa, Paros Island. Fishing Port in Náoussa Village.
- Hydra Island.
- Acropolis in Lindos, Rhodes Island.
Where should I stay in Greece mainland?
The 12 Best Places to Visit in Mainland Greece
- Athens. Greece’s capital and perhaps the most important mainland destination; any trip to mainland Greece requires a stopover for at least a day or two.
Is Santorini in mainland Greece?
It is located about 200 km southeast of the mainland and is accessible by ferryboat or plane. In fact, Santorini is a part of an archipelago that took its current form after a series of serious volcanic eruptions.
Is nafpaktos worth visiting?
Although it is relatively untouched by international tourists, Nafpaktos is a town well-known to the Greeks. On a hill above Nafpaktos town sits an imposing Venetian castle with a breathtaking view of the sea and the opposite coasts of Peloponesse. It’s worth a visit!
Is Santorini expensive?
There’s a reason Santorini attracts more than two million tourists each year — the white-and-blue washed island in the Greek Cyclades is basically heaven on earth. But it’s also about twice as expensive as Athens, with hotel prices in the summer climbing to $250, on average, per night.
Which are the best Greek islands to visit?
The 5 Best Greek Islands
- Santorini. My favorite island in Greece is Santorini.
- Mykonos. The best nightlife and clubbing in Greece is found on Mykonos.
- Crete. The largest Greek island and rich with beaches, historical sights, hikes, and small cities.
- Naxos. The most family-friendly island in Greece is Naxos.
Which is the cheapest Greek island?
The Most Affordable Greek Islands to Visit This Year
- Agistri. Very close to Athens, Agistri is a very affordable option for an island holiday.
- Kythnos. Kythnos, a stunning little island in the Cyclades, seduces visitors with more than 70 beaches – the beautiful Kolona Beach is a must-see.
Where is the clearest water in Greece?
1. Elafonissi Beach, Crete. Among the most beautiful beaches on Crete, Elafonissi dazzles visitors with its soft pink-sand shoreline and crystal- clear turquoise lagoon waters.
Is it safe to swim in the sea in Greece?
Safety. Greece is a paradise for swimmers, and it’s easy to let your guard down when you are in paradise. For the most part, the beaches of Greece are safe. Shark attacks are unheard of, and tides are barely perceptible throughout the country (with few exceptions).
What can you see in Greece in 7 days?
So, what are the best things to do in 7 days in Greece?
- 1) Athens (2 days ) Where to stay in Athens.
- 2) Mycenae/ Epidaurus/ Nafplio (1 day ) Where to stay in Nafplio.
- 3) Palamidi Fortress/ Monemvasia (1 day )
- 4) Mystras/ Olympia (1 day )
- 5) Delphi (1 day )
- 6) Return to Athens (1 day )
- You’re traveling to Greece?
Do they speak English in Greece?
The official language of Greece is Greek, spoken by 99% of the population. The most common foreign languages learned by Greeks are English, German, French and Italian.
What is the best time of year to visit Greece?
The best time to visit Greece is during spring (April to early-June) and autumn (September – October). You can enjoy mild weather and fewer crowds during these shoulder season periods.