- 1 Is Greece close to Italy?
- 2 Where can I travel from Athens?
- 3 Which Greek islands are closest to Athens?
- 4 What countries and seas surround Greece?
- 5 Is Greece better than Italy?
- 6 Is there a train from Greece to Italy?
- 7 Which is the best island to visit from Athens?
- 8 What are the best day trips from Athens?
- 9 What is the closest city to Athens?
- 10 Which islands are easiest to get to from Athens?
- 11 Are there shark attacks in Greece?
- 12 How long is the ferry ride from Athens to Santorini?
- 13 What religion is in Greece?
- 14 Do they speak English in Greece?
- 15 What is Greece famous for?
Is Greece close to Italy?
Distance from Greece to Italy is 844 kilometers. The air travel (bird fly) shortest distance between Greece and Italy is 844 km= 524 miles. If you travel with an airplane (which has average speed of 560 miles) from Greece to Italy, It takes 0.94 hours to arrive.
Where can I travel from Athens?
15 Top-Rated Day Trips from Athens
- Delphi. Delphi.
- Metéora. Metéora.
- Mycenae: The Legendary City of Greek Mythology. Mycenae: The Legendary City of Greek Mythology.
- Athens Riviera (Coast of Apollo) Athens Riviera (Coast of Apollo)
- The Islands of Aegina, Poros, and Hydra.
- The Romantic City of Nafplio.
- The Ancient Theater of Epidaurus.
Which Greek islands are closest to Athens?
Aegina is the closest island to Athens. Many affluent Greeks have summer homes here where they will opt to spend their weekends during the warmer months. Aside from Aegina’s countless beaches, this island is a great travel destination for history buffs. You can get to Aegina in just 45 minutes from Athens.
What countries and seas surround Greece?
Greece is a country of the Balkans, in Southeastern Europe, bordered to the north by Albania, North Macedonia and Bulgaria; to the east by Turkey, and is surrounded to the east by the Aegean Sea, to the south by the Cretan and the Libyan Seas, and to the west by the Ionian Sea which separates Greece from Italy.
Is Greece better than Italy?
Italy has more (easily accessible) history, a richer range of cuisine, better cooking and food tours, and more sightseeing opportunities. Greece has better beaches, a more relaxing atmosphere (especially on the islands), and cheaper food and hotels.
Is there a train from Greece to Italy?
To travel by train and ferry from Athens in Greece to Rome in Italy, use one of the ferry connections from Patras via Igoumenitsa to Bari, Ancona, Venice or Trieste. There are three different travel routes.
Which is the best island to visit from Athens?
Hydra, Spetses, Poros, Aegina, Tzia / Kea: Welcome to the charming little islands near Athens, which offer history and style in abundance and are ideal for a quick getaway all year round.
What are the best day trips from Athens?
15 Best Day Trips from Athens
- Delphi. Source: Anastasios71 / shutterstock Delphi, Greece.
- Mycenae. Source: Heracles Kritikos / shutterstock Mycenae.
- Corinth. Source: Kamil Saks / shutterstock Corinth.
- Cape Sounio. Source: WitR / shutterstock Cape Sounio.
- Attic Riviera (Coast of Apollo)
- Hydra Island.
- The Monastery of Dafní
What is the closest city to Athens?
Major cities near Athens, Greece
- 177 km to Patras, Greece.
- 303 km to Thessaloniki, Greece.
- 304 km to Izmir, Turkey.
- 332 km to Manisa, Turkey.
- 408 km to Balikesir, Turkey.
- 472 km to Plovdiv, Bulgaria.
- 490 km to Skopje, Macedonia.
- 502 km to Corlu, Turkey.
Which islands are easiest to get to from Athens?
5 Islands in less than 3 hours from Athens
- Serifos Chora Livadi.
- Stone Lion in Kea island.
- The sea and houses by the port of Spetses.
- Hydra Harbour.
- Hydra Rooftops.
- Andros island, Greece.
- Village in eastern Andros.
Are there shark attacks in Greece?
While there are sharks in Greece, most species are harmless. Sightings are extremely rare and, in general, shark attacks in the Mediterranean are also rarely reported. Other official sources list a total of 15 shark attacks in Greece over the last 170 or so years.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens to Santorini?
How long is the ferry ride from Athens (Piraeus) to Santorini? The Athens to Santorini ferry time is usually 4 to 10 hours. The duration of the trip to Santorini depends mainly on the type of vessel and the ferry company that serves this crossing.
What religion is in Greece?
Religion in Greece is dominated by the Greek Orthodox Church, which is within the larger communion of the Eastern Orthodox Church. It represented 90% of the total population in 2015 and is constitutionally recognized as the “prevailing religion ” of Greece.
Do they speak English in Greece?
The official language of Greece is Greek, spoken by 99% of the population. The most common foreign languages learned by Greeks are English, German, French and Italian.
What is Greece famous for?
What is Greece Famous For?
- The Birthplace of Democracy.
- The Beginnings of Philosophy.
- Geometry and the Pythagorean Theorem.
- Western Medicine and the Hippocratic Oath.
- The Olympic Games.
- Drama and the Theatre of Epidaurus.
- Greek Mythology and Mount Olympus.
- Cartography and Map Making.