- 1 How do you get around in Chania?
- 2 Is it easy to get around Crete without a car?
- 3 Do you need a car on Crete?
- 4 Are taxis in Crete expensive?
- 5 Is Chania worth visiting?
- 6 What is Chania known for?
- 7 How many days do you need in Crete?
- 8 Is it easy to travel around Crete?
- 9 Where should I stay in Crete?
- 10 What documents do I need to hire a car in Crete?
- 11 How much does it cost to rent a car in Crete?
- 12 Where Should a couple stay in Crete?
- 13 Is there Uber on Crete?
- 14 How much is a taxi from Chania airport to Chania town?
- 15 How long does it take to drive across Crete?
How do you get around in Chania?
One of the best ways to get around Chania is to explore on foot, especially the narrow, winding streets and alleys of the various neighbourhoods of the old town. But buses are also a good option for getting around the city.
Is it easy to get around Crete without a car?
Crete is easy to explore by bus – they are reliable, cheap, comfortable and have aircon in most cases. The main north coast towns of Chania, Rethymno, Iraklion and Agios Nikolaos all have bus stations where you can then access many rural areas of the island. The ride to Rethymno takes about 90 mins.
Do you need a car on Crete?
Crete is a huge island it has very good bus connections but a car is the best solution to my opinion. It will give you the freedom of independence from buses timetables and also you will be able to visit places that the bus connections are not so frequent.
Are taxis in Crete expensive?
Taxis are still reasonably cheap in Greece. Count a cost of about 1.20 Euro per km out of town, a little less in town.
Is Chania worth visiting?
Chania is a small, picturesque town worth getting to know, where you’ll almost certainly stay longer than you intended, enjoying tasty food, the wonderful harbour, old buildings. great architecture and many more. Chania is also one of the two places you are most likely to see on arriving in Crete.
What is Chania known for?
The town of Chania is famous for its Venetian harbor and the old town with its winding alleys filled with bougainvillea and jasmine. Chania is known for traditional leather craft, and there are also excellent boutiques for island-friendly fashions and crafts.
How many days do you need in Crete?
You are surrounded by stunning beaches, archaeological sites, small islands, gorges & historical towns. To see all the “top sights”, it will take a minimum of 10 days – 2 weeks, however, you could easily spend 4 weeks and still have more to see. So, realistically, we don’t recommend any less than 7 days.
Is it easy to travel around Crete?
Buses are the only form of public transport in Crete, but in most regions a fairly extensive network makes it relatively easy to travel between major towns and villages. Travel is safe and buses are quite comfortable.
Where should I stay in Crete?
- Chania, best area to stay in Crete for your first time.
- Rethymnon, good area for affordable accommodation.
- Heraklion, best area to stay in Crete for sightseeing.
- Agios Nikolaos, good place to stay in Crete.
- Sitia, windsurf and nice beaches.
- Matala, beautiful beaches lying near famous archaeological sites.
What documents do I need to hire a car in Crete?
Drivers seeking to get car rental services in Crete must have a valid license and they must have had that license for at least one year. If they are not residents of Greece or the European Union, they must have an international driving license or a European Driver’s Permit.
How much does it cost to rent a car in Crete?
How much does it cost to rent a car in Crete? On average a rental car in Crete costs $55 per day.
Where Should a couple stay in Crete?
Best Resorts in Crete for Couples
- La Maison Ottomane. Chania Town, Crete.
- Rimondi Boutique Hotels. Rethymnon, Crete.
- Casa Delfino Hotel & Spa. Chania Town, Crete.
- Casa Vitae Villas. Rethymnon, Crete.
- Casa Moazzo Suites & Apartments. Rethymnon, Crete.
- Thalassa Beach Resort. Agia Marina, Crete.
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete.
- Minoa Palace Resort.
Is there Uber on Crete?
Uber Fare Crete Find tariff Crete Uber: the Uber Cab fares in the city Crete are fixed by Uber Mobile application. The price of the race takes into account the distance traveled and the time to complete the transport in Crete.
How much is a taxi from Chania airport to Chania town?
The quickest way to get from Chania Airport (CHQ) to Chania Old Town is to taxi which costs 13€ – 16€ and takes 14 min.
How long does it take to drive across Crete?
So, depending, 10 days – 6 weeks – 3 months – depending. Might be a good idea to buy a road map and work it out. If you look at a map, you’ll see that you cannot drive around Crete.