- 1 How much would a week in Greece cost?
- 2 How much does it cost to go to Greece for 2 weeks?
- 3 What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Greece?
- 4 Is it cheaper to go to Greece now?
- 5 Do they speak English in Greece?
- 6 How much is a trip to Greece for 4?
- 7 Is it cheaper to go to Greece or Italy?
- 8 How can I go to Greece on a budget?
- 9 Is Santorini expensive?
- 10 Why are flights to Greece so expensive?
- 11 What is the best airline to fly to Greece?
- 12 How long does it take to fly to Greece?
- 13 How much money should I bring to Greece?
- 14 What is the cheapest and safest country to visit?
How much would a week in Greece cost?
Past travelers have spent, on average, €28 ($34) on meals for one day and €22 ($27) on local transportation. Also, the average hotel price in Greece for a couple is €110 ($134). So, a trip to Greece for two people for one week costs on average €1,545 ($1,879).
How much does it cost to go to Greece for 2 weeks?
Greece trip cost Based on my estimates, two weeks in Greece will cost you about $4,455 per person. Remember, this estimate is based on visiting the most popular islands (Santorini and Mykonos) which are also the most expensive.
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Greece?
The cheapest months to book a flight to Greece: September and October, followed by November. Booking a flight in September can see as much as 13% savings compared to the average yearly flight price. The most expensive months to book a flight to Greece: May and June.
Is it cheaper to go to Greece now?
Many people think that the cost of a trip to Greece is very expensive, mainly because of all the beachside resorts and luxury yachts that pop up on Instagram. The truth is, Greece is actually very affordable, especially compared to other European countries.
Do they speak English in Greece?
The official language of Greece is Greek, spoken by 99% of the population. The most common foreign languages learned by Greeks are English, German, French and Italian.
How much is a trip to Greece for 4?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Greek Islands is $1,274 for a solo traveler, $2,288 for a couple, and $4,290 for a family of 4.
Is it cheaper to go to Greece or Italy?
Greece tends to be a little cheaper than Italy but there’s not a huge difference in prices, especially outside of the large cities. Both Greece and Italy have some fantastic hotels and restaurants. Italy has more top end hotels and fine dining but nowhere beats Santorini and Mykonos for indulgent, pampered luxury.
How can I go to Greece on a budget?
7 Tips for Exploring Greece on A Budget
- Visit off-season to save on flights and almost everything else.
- Sign up for free walking tours in Athens.
- Stay in an Airbnb or couchsurf.
- Book overnight ferries in advance.
- Venture to off-the-beaten-path islands.
- Rent a moped to get around the islands.
Is Santorini expensive?
There’s a reason Santorini attracts more than two million tourists each year — the white-and-blue washed island in the Greek Cyclades is basically heaven on earth. But it’s also about twice as expensive as Athens, with hotel prices in the summer climbing to $250, on average, per night.
Why are flights to Greece so expensive?
Flight tickets though are expensive. Reason is high airport taxes, and the fact that Athens only has one airport. Ferry costs to any island are quite high. Reason is high airport taxes, and the fact that Athens only has one airport.
What is the best airline to fly to Greece?
American Airlines and Iberia are the 2 Cathay Pacific airline partners that we recommend for flights to Greece. British Airways is an option, however, the fuel surcharges are high and will eat up the value of your Asia Miles.
How long does it take to fly to Greece?
About Greece Flights last around four hours, but it all depends on your choice of airport.
How much money should I bring to Greece?
Despite problems in the Greek economy, it’s still on the expensive side to travel to Greece. Budget travelers should plan on $50 a day, while mid-range to luxury travelers can expect to pay between $150 to $350 a day, or higher if you plan to visit more than one of its 200 islands.
What is the cheapest and safest country to visit?
10 Best Places to Travel on a Budget
- Fiji. Most of us imagine Pacific Island destinations as expensive destinations filled with high priced resorts, food, and services.
- Central America. Want to roam ancient ruins, trek through the jungle, surf, and eat delicious food with few tourists around?
- South Korea.
- Eastern Europe.