- 1 How much does it cost to go to Greece for a week?
- 2 How much should I save for a trip to Greece?
- 3 Is one week enough for Greece?
- 4 How much does it cost to buy an island in Greece?
- 5 What is the cheapest month to fly to Greece?
- 6 How much does it cost to go to Greece for 2 weeks?
- 7 How can I go to Greece on a budget?
- 8 Do they speak English in Greece?
- 9 Is Santorini expensive?
- 10 How many days in Greece is enough?
- 11 How can I go to Greece in a week?
- 12 What can you do in Greece in 7 days?
- 13 What is the cheapest Greek island?
- 14 What is the cheapest private island you can buy?
- 15 Which is the hottest Greek island?
How much does it cost to go to Greece for a week?
Past travelers have spent, on average, €28 ($34) on meals for one day and €22 ($27) on local transportation. Also, the average hotel price in Greece for a couple is €110 ($134). So, a trip to Greece for two people for one week costs on average €1,545 ($1,879).
How much should I save for a trip to Greece?
Everyone has their own idea of “budget travel.” If you’re backpacking Greece, my suggested budget is 40-60 EUR / 45-65 USD per day. This is assuming you’re staying in a hostel, eating cheap food, cooking some of your meals, not taking a lot of tours and using local transportation.
Is one week enough for Greece?
One week in Greece is probably enough time to explore one or two islands, visit Athens, and maybe do a day trip from Athens. Or you could visit Athens and a few other parts of mainland Greece, and maybe add in one island.
How much does it cost to buy an island in Greece?
In reality, Greek islands are relatively affordable, costing as little as two million dollars – less than a ski chalet in Aspen or a walk up + Read More. The hot dry summers in Greece are perfect for lazing around your island, sipping Ouzo and skinny-dipping in the Mediterranean.
What is the cheapest month to fly to Greece?
The cheapest months to book a flight to Greece: September and October, followed by November. Booking a flight in September can see as much as 13% savings compared to the average yearly flight price. The most expensive months to book a flight to Greece: May and June.
How much does it cost to go to Greece for 2 weeks?
Greece trip cost Based on my estimates, two weeks in Greece will cost you about $4,455 per person. Remember, this estimate is based on visiting the most popular islands (Santorini and Mykonos) which are also the most expensive.
How can I go to Greece on a budget?
7 Tips for Exploring Greece on A Budget
- Visit off-season to save on flights and almost everything else.
- Sign up for free walking tours in Athens.
- Stay in an Airbnb or couchsurf.
- Book overnight ferries in advance.
- Venture to off-the-beaten-path islands.
- Rent a moped to get around the islands.
Do they speak English in Greece?
The official language of Greece is Greek, spoken by 99% of the population. The most common foreign languages learned by Greeks are English, German, French and Italian.
Is Santorini expensive?
There’s a reason Santorini attracts more than two million tourists each year — the white-and-blue washed island in the Greek Cyclades is basically heaven on earth. But it’s also about twice as expensive as Athens, with hotel prices in the summer climbing to $250, on average, per night.
How many days in Greece is enough?
Planning Your Trip to Greece We recommend that you spend at least seven days in Greece to be able to comfortably explore Athens and one or two Greek islands. With more days to spend, you can obviously explore more destinations and less-visited islands, but if you are planning a quick getaway we’ve got you covered too.
How can I go to Greece in a week?
A popular option for a week in Greece is to spend a day in Athens upon arrival and then head out to the Greek islands by ferry or flight. Another recommended option is a road trip to explore the ancient history and mythology of mainland Greece. Or, experience the Greek islands on a yacht.
What can you do in Greece in 7 days?
7 Day Itinerary for Traveling to Greece for the First Time
- Day 1: Athens.
- Day 2: Athens.
- Day 3: Delphi and Meteora.
- Day 4: Mykonos.
- Day 5: Mykonos Beaches.
- Day 6: Santorini. Where to Stay in Santorini.
- Day 7: Red Beach Santorini.
What is the cheapest Greek island?
The Most Affordable Greek Islands to Visit This Year
- Agistri. Very close to Athens, Agistri is a very affordable option for an island holiday.
- Kythnos. Kythnos, a stunning little island in the Cyclades, seduces visitors with more than 70 beaches – the beautiful Kolona Beach is a must-see.
What is the cheapest private island you can buy?
9 Affordable Islands For Sale
- Gillis Island, Prince Edward Island, Canada: $79,999.
- Mannions Island, Ireland: $167,000.
- Harbour Island, Nova Scotia, Canada: $208,096.
- Bocal Island, Nicaragua: $350,000.
- Howard Island, Michigan: $395,000.
- McKelvey Island, British Columbia, Canada: $400,000.
- Motu Tohepuku, French Polynesia: $445,000.
Which is the hottest Greek island?
Crete has some of the warmest temperatures over the autumn and winter months, in fact it has one of the mildest winter climates in Mediterranean Europe due to its southerly position.