- 1 How much would a week in Greece cost?
- 2 Is Greece expensive to visit?
- 3 What is the cheapest month to fly to Greece?
- 4 How can I go to Greece for cheap?
- 5 How much should I budget for a trip to Greece?
- 6 Do people in Greece speak English?
- 7 Do I need a visa to go to Greece?
- 8 How much does a meal cost in Greece?
- 9 Is Greece cheap for tourists?
- 10 What is the best airline to fly to Greece?
- 11 Why are flights to Greece so expensive?
- 12 How expensive is it to fly to Greece?
- 13 What can you see in Greece in 7 days?
- 14 Is Santorini expensive?
How much would a week in Greece cost?
Past travelers have spent, on average, €28 ($34) on meals for one day and €22 ($27) on local transportation. Also, the average hotel price in Greece for a couple is €110 ($134). So, a trip to Greece for two people for one week costs on average €1,545 ($1,879).
Is Greece expensive to visit?
When it comes to travel costs, Greece can be a bit deceptive. As a country, it has the reputation of being inexpensive. But as a travel destination, it isn’t always so cheap.
What is the cheapest month to fly to Greece?
The cheapest months to book a flight to Greece: September and October, followed by November. Booking a flight in September can see as much as 13% savings compared to the average yearly flight price. The most expensive months to book a flight to Greece: May and June.
How can I go to Greece for cheap?
7 Tips for Exploring Greece on A Budget
- Visit off-season to save on flights and almost everything else.
- Sign up for free walking tours in Athens.
- Stay in an Airbnb or couchsurf.
- Book overnight ferries in advance.
- Venture to off-the-beaten-path islands.
- Rent a moped to get around the islands.
How much should I budget for a trip to Greece?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Greek Islands is $1,274 for a solo traveler, $2,288 for a couple, and $4,290 for a family of 4. Greek Islands hotels range from $50 to $226 per night with an average of $87, while most vacation rentals will cost $130 to $380 per night for the entire home.
Do people in Greece speak English?
The official language of Greece is Greek, spoken by 99% of the population. The most common foreign languages learned by Greeks are English, German, French and Italian.
Do I need a visa to go to Greece?
Greece is a party to the Schengen Agreement; therefore, U.S. citizens may enter Greece without a visa for stays of up to 90 days for tourism or business purposes. For entry into Greece, your passport should have at least six months of remaining validity.
How much does a meal cost in Greece?
How much does a meal cost in Greece? Cheap street food will cost you under 5 EUR, while a cheap meal at a cafe will be closer to 10 EUR. A casual meal at a nice restaurant will cost around 20 EUR (30 EUR if you include wine).
Is Greece cheap for tourists?
Getting around Greece is generally affordable. You won’t need any money for transport when walking around the city center. When it comes to long-distance travel, from city to city, you can expect a pretty low cost as well.
What is the best airline to fly to Greece?
American Airlines and Iberia are the 2 Cathay Pacific airline partners that we recommend for flights to Greece. British Airways is an option, however, the fuel surcharges are high and will eat up the value of your Asia Miles.
Why are flights to Greece so expensive?
Flight tickets though are expensive. Reason is high airport taxes, and the fact that Athens only has one airport. Ferry costs to any island are quite high. Reason is high airport taxes, and the fact that Athens only has one airport.
How expensive is it to fly to Greece?
Total Greece Trip Budget
What can you see in Greece in 7 days?
So, what are the best things to do in 7 days in Greece?
- 1) Athens (2 days ) Where to stay in Athens.
- 2) Mycenae/ Epidaurus/ Nafplio (1 day ) Where to stay in Nafplio.
- 3) Palamidi Fortress/ Monemvasia (1 day )
- 4) Mystras/ Olympia (1 day )
- 5) Delphi (1 day )
- 6) Return to Athens (1 day )
- You’re traveling to Greece?
Is Santorini expensive?
There’s a reason Santorini attracts more than two million tourists each year — the white-and-blue washed island in the Greek Cyclades is basically heaven on earth. But it’s also about twice as expensive as Athens, with hotel prices in the summer climbing to $250, on average, per night.