- 1 How many days are enough for Greece?
- 2 Is 5 days in Greece enough?
- 3 What can you see in Greece in 5 days?
- 4 How many days should you spend in Athens Greece?
- 5 What is the best month to go to Greece?
- 6 What do Greeks eat for breakfast?
- 7 How much money should I bring to Greece?
- 8 What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Greece?
- 9 Is it expensive in Greece?
- 10 How long is a ferry from Santorini to Athens?
- 11 What can you do in Greece for 7 days?
- 12 Do I need a visa to visit Crete?
- 13 Is it safe to walk around Athens at night?
- 14 Is Athens expensive to visit?
- 15 Can you wear shorts in Greece?
How many days are enough for Greece?
Planning Your Trip to Greece We recommend that you spend at least seven days in Greece to be able to comfortably explore Athens and one or two Greek islands. With more days to spend, you can obviously explore more destinations and less-visited islands, but if you are planning a quick getaway we’ve got you covered too.
Is 5 days in Greece enough?
Five days in Greece affords you a satisfying trip to Athens or one major island. Those interested in ancient history can get lost in the Greek capital, with famous sites like the Acropolis in the city limits and many nearby ruins just a day -trip away.
What can you see in Greece in 5 days?
The Ultimate 4- 5 days Greece Itinerary + Where to stay
- Day 1: Athens. Where to stay in Athens.
- Day 2: Day trip to the Saronic Islands.
- Day 3: Peloponnese.
- Day 4: Delphi. Where to stay in Delphi.
- Day 5: Athens.
How many days should you spend in Athens Greece?
Many people ask the question, “how many days should I stay in Athens?”, the answer? Really, it’s a personal deal, but 4 days in Athens is generally enough to see the main sights. You are certainly going to want to head back to this beautiful Greek capital city, but as a taster, 4 days is a great option.
What is the best month to go to Greece?
The best time to visit Greece is during spring (April to early-June) and autumn (September – October). You can enjoy mild weather and fewer crowds during these shoulder season periods.
What do Greeks eat for breakfast?
10 Greek Breakfast Foods You Should Try Out
- Yogurt with Honey and Fresh Fruit. Greek yogurt is known for more than its creamy texture, quality and flavors, it’s also appreciated for its probiotic qualities.
- Feta, Veggies and Eggs.
- Eliopsomo: Greek Olive Bread.
- Pita Bread with Eggs.
- Fresh Fruit.
- Pita Dippers.
How much money should I bring to Greece?
How much money will you need for your trip to Greece? You should plan to spend around €110 ($134) per day on your vacation in Greece, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, €28 ($34) on meals for one day and €22 ($27) on local transportation.
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Greece?
The cheapest months to book a flight to Greece: September and October, followed by November. Booking a flight in September can see as much as 13% savings compared to the average yearly flight price. The most expensive months to book a flight to Greece: May and June.
Is it expensive in Greece?
“ Greece is definitely not cheap, especially not Athens. Clubs charge around 20 EUR entrance fees. The akropolis is like 25 EUR entrance to walk around. Sure, tavernas are pretty cheap, but once you go up from backpacker hostels and low-end tavernas, Greece is hella expensive.
How long is a ferry from Santorini to Athens?
The best ferry between Athens and Santorini is the Blue Star. It’s the most stable comfortable ride – but it takes almost 8 hours. The Golden Star Supercat and Seajets Sifnos Jet ferries take about 5 1/2 hours but the ride can be bumpier.
What can you do in Greece for 7 days?
So, what are the best things to do in 7 days in Greece?
- 1) Athens (2 days ) Where to stay in Athens.
- 2) Mycenae/ Epidaurus/ Nafplio (1 day ) Where to stay in Nafplio.
- 3) Palamidi Fortress/ Monemvasia (1 day )
- 4) Mystras/ Olympia (1 day )
- 5) Delphi (1 day )
- 6) Return to Athens (1 day )
- You’re traveling to Greece?
Do I need a visa to visit Crete?
you can travel to countries in the Schengen area for up to 90 days in any 180-day period without a visa. if you are travelling to Greece and other Schengen countries without a visa, make sure your whole visit is within the 90-day limit.
Is it safe to walk around Athens at night?
Try to avoid Patisia, Exarchia, and Omonia at night. Many unsavoury types loiter in Monastiraki square in the evenings so be aware of your surroundings. Never walk alone at night, especially after drinking. Exarchia has a bad reputation and is often linked to anarchist groups.
Is Athens expensive to visit?
Is Athens expensive? Athens is certainly not cheap, but it is not very expensive either. In comparison to other European capitals, we would say that Athens is somewhere in the middle. It all depends on what type of traveler you are and how much budget you wish to spend during your visit.
Can you wear shorts in Greece?
Shorts. It is acceptable to wear shorts, whether you are a woman or a man. Shorts are acceptable on the beach or when going from the beach to the shops near-by. If you plan to take a ferry between the islands, shorts are a good option if you travel by day (opt for a pair of long pants though if you travel by night).