- 1 What is so special about Greece?
- 2 What is Greece best known for?
- 3 Is it worth going to Greece?
- 4 Why should I go to Athens Greece?
- 5 How safe is Greece?
- 6 What food is famous in Greece?
- 7 Is it expensive in Greece?
- 8 What should I buy in Greece?
- 9 Do they speak English in Greece?
- 10 Is it expensive to eat in Greece?
- 11 How expensive is a trip to Greece?
- 12 How expensive is Athens?
- 13 Is Athens worth visiting?
- 14 How long is ferry ride from Athens to Santorini?
What is so special about Greece?
Greece is famous for its turquoise waters and breathtaking sandy beaches. Whether you are looking for an organized beach with sunbeds, umbrellas, beach bars and tavernas where you can party all day long or more secluded beaches with a peaceful environment to sunbathe and read your book, Greece has it all.
What is Greece best known for?
What is Greece Famous For?
- The Birthplace of Democracy.
- The Beginnings of Philosophy.
- Geometry and the Pythagorean Theorem.
- Western Medicine and the Hippocratic Oath.
- The Olympic Games.
- Drama and the Theatre of Epidaurus.
- Greek Mythology and Mount Olympus.
- Cartography and Map Making.
Is it worth going to Greece?
Yes, Greece is definately worth it! I would suggest choosing one or two islands. Don’t try to island hop in only 6 days, you will just get tired. Meteora is somewhat far away from Athens, so if you go it will limit your time to see other places/islands.
Why should I go to Athens Greece?
Plenty for culture vultures Athens is steeped in history and culture, from the ancient ruins dotted around the city, to its fascinating museums. Many people headed to Athens should also make time for a day trip to Delphi, site of the oracle and heart of the classical Greek world.
How safe is Greece?
Greece is a very safe country to travel to. Tourists are unlikely to experience any crime or violence. The only concern is petty crime on the streets, but if you apply the basic precaution measures, your trip should go smoothly.
What food is famous in Greece?
Don’t leave Greece without trying…
- Taramasalata. A mainstay of any Greek meal are classic dips such as tzatziki (yogurt, cucumber and garlic),melitzanosalata (aubergine), and fava (creamy split pea purée).
- Olives and olive oil.
- Grilled meat.
- Fresh fish.
- Courgette balls (kolokythokeftedes)
Is it expensive in Greece?
“ Greece is definitely not cheap, especially not Athens. Clubs charge around 20 EUR entrance fees. The akropolis is like 25 EUR entrance to walk around. Sure, tavernas are pretty cheap, but once you go up from backpacker hostels and low-end tavernas, Greece is hella expensive.
What should I buy in Greece?
Things You Can Only Buy in Greece
- Greek olive soap with mastiha. The mastiha tree or lentisk is native of the Mediterranean basin but only in the island of Chios has the resin been cultivated for production.
- Kumquat Liqueur.
- Greek Honey.
- Olivewood items.
- Traditional musical instruments.
- Teas and dried herbs.
- Spoon sweets.
- Leather goods.
Do they speak English in Greece?
The official language of Greece is Greek, spoken by 99% of the population. The most common foreign languages learned by Greeks are English, German, French and Italian.
Is it expensive to eat in Greece?
Greek cuisine and restaurants are usually straightforward and still largely affordable – typically €12–20 per person for a substantial meal with house wine.
How expensive is a trip to Greece?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Greek Islands is $1,274 for a solo traveler, $2,288 for a couple, and $4,290 for a family of 4. Greek Islands hotels range from $50 to $226 per night with an average of $87, while most vacation rentals will cost $130 to $380 per night for the entire home.
How expensive is Athens?
Past travelers have spent, on average, €20 ($24) on meals for one day and €13 ($16) on local transportation. Also, the average hotel price in Athens for a couple is €78 ($94). So, a trip to Athens for two people for one week costs on average €1,003 ($1,220).
Is Athens worth visiting?
Athens is now definitely one of the best cities to visit in Greece. It’s worth visiting Athens today for both its ancient treasures – and its modern delights.
How long is ferry ride from Athens to Santorini?
How long is the ferry ride from Athens (Piraeus) to Santorini? The Athens to Santorini ferry time is usually 4 to 10 hours. The duration of the trip to Santorini depends mainly on the type of vessel and the ferry company that serves this crossing.