- 1 What is the best month to travel to Greece?
- 2 How many days in Greece is enough?
- 3 What is the best time of year to go to Santorini Greece?
- 4 What is the coldest month in Greece?
- 5 Do they speak English in Greece?
- 6 What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Greece?
- 7 What can you do in Greece in 7 days?
- 8 Is it expensive in Greece?
- 9 What is the best area to stay in Greece?
- 10 How many days do you need in Santorini?
- 11 How much spending money do I need for Santorini?
- 12 Is Santorini expensive?
- 13 Is Greece warm all year round?
- 14 What is the hottest month in Greece?
- 15 What food do they eat in Greece?
What is the best month to travel to Greece?
The best time to visit Greece is during spring (April to early-June) and autumn (September – October). You can enjoy mild weather and fewer crowds during these shoulder season periods.
How many days in Greece is enough?
Planning Your Trip to Greece We recommend that you spend at least seven days in Greece to be able to comfortably explore Athens and one or two Greek islands. With more days to spend, you can obviously explore more destinations and less-visited islands, but if you are planning a quick getaway we’ve got you covered too.
What is the best time of year to go to Santorini Greece?
The best time to visit Santorini is from September to October and April to May when the weather is warm and the crowds are scarce.
What is the coldest month in Greece?
|Quick Climate Info|
|Hottest Month||August (84 °F avg)|
|Coldest Month||January (50 °F avg)|
|Wettest Month||December (2.37″ avg)|
|Windiest Month||August (7 mph avg)|
Do they speak English in Greece?
The official language of Greece is Greek, spoken by 99% of the population. The most common foreign languages learned by Greeks are English, German, French and Italian.
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Greece?
The cheapest months to book a flight to Greece: September and October, followed by November. Booking a flight in September can see as much as 13% savings compared to the average yearly flight price. The most expensive months to book a flight to Greece: May and June.
What can you do in Greece in 7 days?
7 Day Itinerary for Traveling to Greece for the First Time
- Day 1: Athens.
- Day 2: Athens.
- Day 3: Delphi and Meteora.
- Day 4: Mykonos.
- Day 5: Mykonos Beaches.
- Day 6: Santorini. Where to Stay in Santorini.
- Day 7: Red Beach Santorini.
Is it expensive in Greece?
“ Greece is definitely not cheap, especially not Athens. Clubs charge around 20 EUR entrance fees. The akropolis is like 25 EUR entrance to walk around. Sure, tavernas are pretty cheap, but once you go up from backpacker hostels and low-end tavernas, Greece is hella expensive.
What is the best area to stay in Greece?
The 5 Best Greek Islands
- Santorini. My favorite island in Greece is Santorini.
- Mykonos. The best nightlife and clubbing in Greece is found on Mykonos.
- Crete. The largest Greek island and rich with beaches, historical sights, hikes, and small cities.
- Naxos. The most family-friendly island in Greece is Naxos.
How many days do you need in Santorini?
We recommend 3 to 5 days in Santorini in order to visit as many places as possible. Santorini is a very interesting island and except from Oia, the volcano and the amazing views, there are many things to see and do. But you can also do it in 24 hours and many day trips are proposed from other nearby islands.
How much spending money do I need for Santorini?
How much money will you need for your trip to Santorini? You should plan to spend around €109 ($132) per day on your vacation in Santorini, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors.
Is Santorini expensive?
There’s a reason Santorini attracts more than two million tourists each year — the white-and-blue washed island in the Greek Cyclades is basically heaven on earth. But it’s also about twice as expensive as Athens, with hotel prices in the summer climbing to $250, on average, per night.
Is Greece warm all year round?
Greece has a typical Mediterranean climate, which lends itself to mild and often wet winters and dry summers. The country is mostly sunny throughout the year. The northern part of the country can be very cold during the winters, even receiving snow in some areas. Winter is milder to the south.
What is the hottest month in Greece?
Best Time to Visit Greece for Good Weather: May to October has lots of sunny weather. July and August are the hottest months.
What food do they eat in Greece?
Don’t leave Greece without trying…
- Taramasalata. A mainstay of any Greek meal are classic dips such as tzatziki (yogurt, cucumber and garlic),melitzanosalata (aubergine), and fava (creamy split pea purée).
- Olives and olive oil.
- Grilled meat.
- Fresh fish.
- Courgette balls (kolokythokeftedes)