- 1 What is the coldest month in Greece?
- 2 How hot is Athens in February?
- 3 How hot is Athens in April?
- 4 Is April a good time to visit Athens?
- 5 What food do they eat in Greece?
- 6 Is it expensive in Greece?
- 7 Is Athens expensive?
- 8 Is there a dress code for the Acropolis?
- 9 What should I not miss in Athens?
- 10 Which Greek island is the hottest in April?
- 11 Can you swim in April in Greece?
- 12 What is Athens like in April?
- 13 How many days in Athens is enough?
- 14 What is the best area to stay in Athens Greece?
- 15 How hot is Athens in May?
What is the coldest month in Greece?
|Quick Climate Info|
|Hottest Month||August (84 °F avg)|
|Coldest Month||January (50 °F avg)|
|Wettest Month||December (2.37″ avg)|
|Windiest Month||August (7 mph avg)|
How hot is Athens in February?
February is one of the coldest months of the year in Athens (although it’s still considerably warmer than other parts of Europe during this time). Temperatures average about 50 to 55°F (10 to 13°C) with lows reaching 45°F (7°C) at night.
How hot is Athens in April?
Is Athens Hot In April? The average temperature this month is 16°C, made up of highs of 20°C and lows of 12°C.
Is April a good time to visit Athens?
Athens Weather in April: April is a wonderful time to visit Athens, with the average high now 20°C, yet crowds are still few and far between. In fact, it will probably feel like summer if you’re coming from a northern climate, and the weather is drier too with just 31mm of precipitation over six days.
What food do they eat in Greece?
Don’t leave Greece without trying…
- Taramasalata. A mainstay of any Greek meal are classic dips such as tzatziki (yogurt, cucumber and garlic),melitzanosalata (aubergine), and fava (creamy split pea purée).
- Olives and olive oil.
- Grilled meat.
- Fresh fish.
- Courgette balls (kolokythokeftedes)
Is it expensive in Greece?
“ Greece is definitely not cheap, especially not Athens. Clubs charge around 20 EUR entrance fees. The akropolis is like 25 EUR entrance to walk around. Sure, tavernas are pretty cheap, but once you go up from backpacker hostels and low-end tavernas, Greece is hella expensive.
Is Athens expensive?
Is Athens expensive? Athens is certainly not cheap, but it is not very expensive either. In comparison to other European capitals, we would say that Athens is somewhere in the middle. It all depends on what type of traveler you are and how much budget you wish to spend during your visit.
Is there a dress code for the Acropolis?
The dress code for monuments is very relaxed and there are no outstanding rules on clothing. However, you do need to wear non-slippery and comfortable shoes as the ground is covered in marbles, and is quite slippery. Flip flops are not allowed.
What should I not miss in Athens?
Best things to do in Athens
- The Acropolis. What is it?
- The National Gardens. What is it?
- Museum of Cycladic Art. What is it?
- Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Centre (SNFCC) What is it?
- Monastiraki Neighbourhood. What is it?
- Varvakios Agora. What is it?
- Lycabettus Hill. What is it?
- Plaka Neighbourhood. What is it?
Which Greek island is the hottest in April?
Hottest Greek islands in April
- Cyprus. Average temperature in April: 21ºC.
- Crete. Average temperature in April: 19ºC.
- Chios. Average temperature in April: 17ºC.
- Paxos. Average temperature in April: 18ºC.
- Kefalonia. Average temperature in April: 18ºC.
- Skyros. Average temperature in April: 17ºC.
- Halkidiki. Average temperature in April: 18ºC.
Can you swim in April in Greece?
Yes. you can swim in April. I live in NW Crete and we swim on the north coast from April onwards. We are English so used to colder temperatures:-) April is a very pleasant month with daytime temps averaging from 12C at night to a high of 26C during the day.
What is Athens like in April?
The weather in April is as pleasant as it gets. The city sees average daytime temperatures of about 68°F (20°C) with bright, sunny skies most days. The famous wildflowers around the Agora and other spots are in full, rich bloom and it’s rarely gray or overcast.
How many days in Athens is enough?
How many days do you need in Athens? Around 3 days would be the time needed to see all the main highlights of historic Athens, and to also take a day trip to a place of significant importance such as Delphi or the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion.
What is the best area to stay in Athens Greece?
As most large cities, Athens has safe and less safe zones. Of the two central squares, we recommend staying in Syntagma Square. The second one, Omonia Square, although being the oldest square of Athens and very popular among tourists and bloggers, is the place we would recommend against staying in.
How hot is Athens in May?
In Athens, in May, the average high-temperature is 23.8°C (74.8°F), and the average low-temperature is 16.4°C (61.5°F).