- 1 How much does a trip to Greece cost?
- 2 Is Greece expensive to visit?
- 3 How much is a plane ticket to Greece from USA?
- 4 How can I go to Greece for cheap?
- 5 Do people in Greece speak English?
- 6 What is the cheapest month to fly to Greece?
- 7 How much spending money will I need for a week in Greece?
- 8 How much money should I take to Greece for a week?
- 9 How much does it cost to go to Greece for 2 weeks?
- 10 Can you use US dollars in Greece?
- 11 What is the best airline to fly to Greece?
- 12 Do you need a passport to go to Greece?
- 13 Which is the cheapest Greek island to visit?
- 14 What can you see in Greece in 7 days?
- 15 Is Greece cheap for food and drink?
How much does a trip to Greece cost?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Greek Islands is $1,274 for a solo traveler, $2,288 for a couple, and $4,290 for a family of 4. Greek Islands hotels range from $50 to $226 per night with an average of $87, while most vacation rentals will cost $130 to $380 per night for the entire home.
Is Greece expensive to visit?
“ Greece is definitely not cheap, especially not Athens. Clubs charge around 20 EUR entrance fees. The akropolis is like 25 EUR entrance to walk around. Sure, tavernas are pretty cheap, but once you go up from backpacker hostels and low-end tavernas, Greece is hella expensive.
How much is a plane ticket to Greece from USA?
Cheapflights has at least 20 direct flights from USA to Greece under $600. A good price for a nonstop flight from USA to Greece is less than $671.
|Flexibility||No cancel fee|
|Search Air Italy flights|
How can I go to Greece for cheap?
7 Tips for Exploring Greece on A Budget
- Visit off-season to save on flights and almost everything else.
- Sign up for free walking tours in Athens.
- Stay in an Airbnb or couchsurf.
- Book overnight ferries in advance.
- Venture to off-the-beaten-path islands.
- Rent a moped to get around the islands.
Do people in Greece speak English?
The official language of Greece is Greek, spoken by 99% of the population. The most common foreign languages learned by Greeks are English, German, French and Italian.
What is the cheapest month to fly to Greece?
The cheapest months to book a flight to Greece: September and October, followed by November. Booking a flight in September can see as much as 13% savings compared to the average yearly flight price. The most expensive months to book a flight to Greece: May and June.
How much spending money will I need for a week in Greece?
You should budget for around £45 per person per day for your visit to Greece or £315 per week, to include all food and excursions. Or try an all-inclusive deal.
How much money should I take to Greece for a week?
Past travelers have spent, on average, €28 ($34) on meals for one day and €22 ($27) on local transportation. Also, the average hotel price in Greece for a couple is €110 ($134). So, a trip to Greece for two people for one week costs on average €1,545 ($1,879).
How much does it cost to go to Greece for 2 weeks?
Greece trip cost Based on my estimates, two weeks in Greece will cost you about $4,455 per person. Remember, this estimate is based on visiting the most popular islands (Santorini and Mykonos) which are also the most expensive.
Can you use US dollars in Greece?
Can you use dollars in Greece? No you can ‘t spend dollars in Greece. You will need to either use your cards or get hold of some physical Euros when on vacation in Greece.
What is the best airline to fly to Greece?
American Airlines and Iberia are the 2 Cathay Pacific airline partners that we recommend for flights to Greece. British Airways is an option, however, the fuel surcharges are high and will eat up the value of your Asia Miles.
Do you need a passport to go to Greece?
For entry into Greece, your passport should have at least six months of remaining validity. U.S. official and diplomatic passport holders must obtain a Schengen visa prior to arrival. If you are traveling on a U.S. official or diplomatic passport, you will not be allowed to enter Greece without a visa.
Which is the cheapest Greek island to visit?
The Most Affordable Greek Islands to Visit This Year
- Agistri. Very close to Athens, Agistri is a very affordable option for an island holiday.
- Kythnos. Kythnos, a stunning little island in the Cyclades, seduces visitors with more than 70 beaches – the beautiful Kolona Beach is a must-see.
What can you see in Greece in 7 days?
So, what are the best things to do in 7 days in Greece?
- 1) Athens (2 days ) Where to stay in Athens.
- 2) Mycenae/ Epidaurus/ Nafplio (1 day ) Where to stay in Nafplio.
- 3) Palamidi Fortress/ Monemvasia (1 day )
- 4) Mystras/ Olympia (1 day )
- 5) Delphi (1 day )
- 6) Return to Athens (1 day )
- You’re traveling to Greece?
Is Greece cheap for food and drink?
Greek cuisine and restaurants are usually straightforward and still largely affordable – typically €12–20 per person for a substantial meal with house wine.