- 1 Is there Uber in Athens Airport?
- 2 How much is a taxi from Athens to the airport?
- 3 Are taxis cheap in Athens?
- 4 How much is a taxi in Greece?
- 5 Are taxis in Athens safe?
- 6 Do you tip Greek taxi drivers?
- 7 Is there Uber in Greece?
- 8 Is Athens expensive to visit?
- 9 Do taxis accept credit cards in Athens?
- 10 How much does a taxi cost from Athens airport to city Centre?
- 11 How do I order a taxi in Athens?
- 12 How much is a taxi from Piraeus to Athens Airport?
- 13 How do you call a taxi in Greece?
- 14 What Colour are taxis in Athens?
- 15 Are there taxis in Greece?
Is there Uber in Athens Airport?
Uber is available at Athens Airport, so you can enjoy a convenient and comfortable trip to wherever you need to go.
How much is a taxi from Athens to the airport?
How much is taxi from Athens airport to city? Taxis at Athens airport are charged at a flat rate. It will cost 38€ to take a taxi in the daytime and 54€ at night. However, if you are traveling outside of the central ring, the taxi will be charged by a taximeter that calculates the fee depending on distance.
Are taxis cheap in Athens?
Athens Taxis – What you need to know Taxis operate a 24-hour service and are quite cheap. There are flat fares to and from the airport: 38 euros to central Athens (including luggage, VAT and road tolls).
How much is a taxi in Greece?
Taxi Fares in Greece
|City||Taxi Start (Normal Tariff)||Taxi 1km (Normal Tariff)|
|Athens||3.40 €||0.74 €|
|Chania||3.70 €||1.50 €|
|Corfu||3.15 €||1.00 €|
|Heraklion||3.50 €||1.50 €|
Are taxis in Athens safe?
Though Athens taxis are generally safe when it comes to your physical well-being, the same cannot be said for the safety of your cash. Athens ‘ taxi drivers, especially those who pick up from the airport, are notorious for gouging tourists, charging their passengers far more than they’re actually owed.
Do you tip Greek taxi drivers?
In Greece you won’t always be expected to tip your taxi driver. If you do decide to tip your taxi driver round-up the fare, or leave between 5% and 10%. If you ‘ve hired a private driver leave around 20 Euros per day.
Is there Uber in Greece?
Technically, Uber doesn’t exist in Greece. But you can request and pay for a taxi in Athens with the Uber app. The taxi drivers use the app like all other Uber drivers. All the taxis have a set price schedule for rides, so your rides will always be priced right.
Is Athens expensive to visit?
Is Athens expensive? Athens is certainly not cheap, but it is not very expensive either. In comparison to other European capitals, we would say that Athens is somewhere in the middle. It all depends on what type of traveler you are and how much budget you wish to spend during your visit.
Do taxis accept credit cards in Athens?
According to the revision, taxi owners will now be required to install POS (point-of-sale) devices in order to accept credit or debit cards and to continue working with peer-to-peer ride-sharing companies. The revision also foresees changes to card transaction rates charged by ride-hailing firms.
How much does a taxi cost from Athens airport to city Centre?
Approximate Taxi Fares from Athens Airport
|Athens Airport Taxi Prices||Day 05:00-24:00||Night 00:00-05:00|
|Athens Airport (ATH) – Athens City Center||38 €||54 €|
|Athens Airport (ATH) – Piraeus Port||48 €||60 €|
|Athens Airport (ATH) – Rafina Port||35 €||50 €|
|Athens Airport (ATH) – Lavrio Marina||47 €||65 €|
How do I order a taxi in Athens?
Booking tips and useful information ( Book a taxi in Athens ):
- Insert the name and contact details of the main passenger.
- If you are booking an airport transfer, provide us also with your flight number.
- For port transfers, you will also have to fill the ship’s name, company, destination and schedule.
How much is a taxi from Piraeus to Athens Airport?
A taxi from Piraeus Port to Athens Airport costs 45 € during daytime and 60 € from midnight to 05:00 morning. The taxi price from Piraeus Port to Athens Airport is the same. The price is fixed and includes all costs (VAT, tolls, lagguge cost, pets etc).
How do you call a taxi in Greece?
- Call 18300. Call 18300 from your fixed telephone line, from any part of Greece at local rates, or from your mobile.
- From Prepaid Mobile Phone.
- Mobile Application.
What Colour are taxis in Athens?
In Athens all taxis are bright yellow. There are almost 15.000 taxis in Athens that can transfer you wherever your destination is (most of the times even outside Attica).
Are there taxis in Greece?
One can stop taxis in Greece by simply raising a hand or go to a Taxi stands (piatsa) which are located in many parts in Athens. There is a minimum fare for the short taxi rides and then the price is settled by the meter. Taxis in Greece double their fares between midnight and 05:00 am.