- 1 Is island hopping in Greece expensive?
- 2 Is it easy to travel between the Greek islands?
- 3 Can you drive from Italy to Greece?
- 4 How long is the ferry ride from Athens to Corfu?
- 5 What’s the cheapest Greek island to visit?
- 6 How much money should I take to Greece for a week?
- 7 What island is Mamma Mia filmed?
- 8 What is the nicest island in Greece?
- 9 What month is the cheapest to fly to Greece?
- 10 What is the cheapest way to get from Italy to Greece?
- 11 What is the best way to get from Italy to Greece?
- 12 Is it cheaper to fly into Italy or Greece?
- 13 Is food expensive in Corfu?
- 14 How many days do you need for Athens?
- 15 Can you travel from Corfu to Athens?
Is island hopping in Greece expensive?
Cheap Island Hopping Ferry tickets in Greece are not expensive but not as cheap as they used to be. The best way to save money is to make fewer stops (choose 2 or 3 islands and explore them more thoroughly instead of hitting a half-dozen islands each for a night or two).
Is it easy to travel between the Greek islands?
The only way to travel between Mykonos and Santorini is by boarding a ferry since no direct flights connect the Aegean Islands. The trip from Mykonos to Santorini is among the best Greek island hopping experiences you can have.
Can you drive from Italy to Greece?
Driving from Italy to Greece Just as taking the train from Italy to Greece requires several border crossings, so does driving. Driving from Rome to Athens is a journey of roughly 2,400km, and if you were to drive straight through it’d still take you about 24 hours to make the trip.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens to Corfu?
There is no ferry connecting Athens and Corfu. Two types of ferries are available: the open ferry reaches the port of Corfu in about 2 hours, while the larger ferry takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
What’s the cheapest Greek island to visit?
The Most Affordable Greek Islands to Visit This Year
- Agistri. Very close to Athens, Agistri is a very affordable option for an island holiday.
- Kythnos. Kythnos, a stunning little island in the Cyclades, seduces visitors with more than 70 beaches – the beautiful Kolona Beach is a must-see.
How much money should I take to Greece for a week?
Past travelers have spent, on average, €28 ($34) on meals for one day and €22 ($27) on local transportation. Also, the average hotel price in Greece for a couple is €110 ($134). So, a trip to Greece for two people for one week costs on average €1,545 ($1,879).
What island is Mamma Mia filmed?
In September 2017 a boatload of stars disembarked on rugged Vis island to make Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again, 10 years after Mamma Mia! which was filmed in Greece. The original Mamma Mia was filmed on the Greek island of Skopelos but this time filmmakers chose Vis to represent the fictional island of Kalokairi.
What is the nicest island in Greece?
Best islands in Greece
- Santorini. In Santorini the blue of the sea blends with the blue of the sky and the blue roofs of the houses.
- Kefalonia Island.
- Marathonisi Island.
- Rhodes Island.
- Symi Island.
What month is the cheapest to fly to Greece?
The cheapest months to book a flight to Greece: September and October, followed by November. Booking a flight in September can see as much as 13% savings compared to the average yearly flight price. The most expensive months to book a flight to Greece: May and June.
What is the cheapest way to get from Italy to Greece?
A ferry from Greece to Italy is one of the cheapest ways to travel between these two countries on a budget.
What is the best way to get from Italy to Greece?
The most common way to travel between Italy and Greece is by ferry. There are several Italian ports from which you can choose to take a ferry to Greece, Croatia, and other Mediterranean destinations.
Is it cheaper to fly into Italy or Greece?
Better for Budget Travelers: Greece Greece tends to be a little cheaper than Italy but there’s not a huge difference in prices, especially outside of the large cities.
Is food expensive in Corfu?
While meal prices in Corfu can vary, the average cost of food in Corfu is €25 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Corfu should cost around €9.82 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
How many days do you need for Athens?
How many days do you need in Athens? Around 3 days would be the time needed to see all the main highlights of historic Athens, and to also take a day trip to a place of significant importance such as Delphi or the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion.
Can you travel from Corfu to Athens?
There are 234 miles (377 km) separating Athens and the island of Corfu, and the best way to close the gap is by air travel.